DVDFab Platinum Install problem

vbimport

When installing the program, I get an access denied message when it tries to create the file C:\Users\Owner\Appdata\Roaming\inst.exe. It also hangs up there when uninstalling.
I am logged on as Owner\Administrator. Thanks for any help.:a
I am running Vista Home Premium

[QUOTE=jstorm42;2022840]When installing the program, I get an access denied message when it tries to create the file C:\Users\Owner\Appdata\Roaming\inst.exe. It also hangs up there when uninstalling.
I am logged on as Owner\Administrator. Thanks for any help.:a
I am running Vista Home Premium[/QUOTE]

Why are you trying to create "C:\Users\Owner\Appdata\Roaming\inst.exe"
just install the program the normal way,…don’t have to create nothing :doh:

The program is trying to create the file. When I close the error message, it seems like the installation continues normally, but the program fails to launch. I did install DVD Fab as a free trial a few months back and then uninstalled it. Is it possible that this file was created with the original install, and now will not let it overwrite it?

[QUOTE=jstorm42;2022866]The program is trying to create the file. When I close the error message, it seems like the installation continues normally, but the program fails to launch. I did install DVD Fab as a free trial a few months back and then uninstalled it. Is it possible that this file was created with the original install, and now will not let it overwrite it?[/QUOTE]

If you installed it a few months ago to try out the program,…then the 30 day trial is over :eek: and you need to buy the software in order to use it .
Uninstalling and re-installing will not get you another 30 day trial,…sorry just don’t work that way,…if you have payed for a registration key you may try doing a clean uninstall using the steps below in my signature … Not a normal uninstall…but note this will still not give you another trial

It is the purchased version. I will try the steps you describe. I noticed that the file is part of the VSO software files, next to the pcouffin files you say to remove for a clean uninstall. TNX

[QUOTE=jstorm42;2023012]It is the purchased version. I will try the steps you describe. I noticed that the file is part of the VSO software files, next to the pcouffin files you say to remove for a clean uninstall. TNX[/QUOTE]

Let us know how things turn out :smiley: