DVDFab Platinum has to be closed after every DVD burn

vbimport

First the main issue is that if I burn back to back DVD’s using DVDFab, the 2nd DVD will always fail the burn with no error code given. I have to shut the program down and restart it for every single burn. That hasn’t always proven succesful, but it is for the most part.

2nd issue was really bad burns or crappy, jittery, skipping playback of succesful burns. The only way I fixed that was to switch to the Nero burning engine instead of the VSO engine and my burns that are successful, play wonderful now.

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled and it didn’t help. I had a bad stick of memory in the computer that I replaced and didn’t help. At this point I’m just not sure what the issue is. I do know that with each update of DVDFab it seems to get worse. I originally was able to burn like 4 at a time before a bad one, but on the latest version, it is definitely a one shot only deal.

Hello imhinkle and welcome to the forum. First of all, what kind of media are you using ? Second, how much ram are you running ? Are you online when you are burning ? Personally I’ve already backed up as many as 10 DVD’s in a row with no issue. Have you tried using IMGBurn as your writing engine ? You could also have a heat issue too. Can you monitor your temps. , CPU, case, etc. ? Have you updated your firmware in your burner lately ? Also, you said you uninstalled and then reinstalled the program. But did you do a ''clean uninstall ‘’? If you haven’t, fine Stormjumper’s signature. The directions to do one are there. Big difference between the two. ~ Mike

[QUOTE=jmhinkle;2033264]First the main issue is that if I burn back to back DVD’s using DVDFab, the 2nd DVD will always fail the burn with no error code given. I have to shut the program down and restart it for every single burn. That hasn’t always proven succesful, but it is for the most part.

2nd issue was really bad burns or crappy, jittery, skipping playback of succesful burns. The only way I fixed that was to switch to the Nero burning engine instead of the VSO engine and my burns that are successful, play wonderful now.

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled and it didn’t help. I had a bad stick of memory in the computer that I replaced and didn’t help. At this point I’m just not sure what the issue is. I do know that with each update of DVDFab it seems to get worse. I originally was able to burn like 4 at a time before a bad one, but on the latest version, it is definitely a one shot only deal.[/QUOTE]

Hi jmhinkle
Saw your comment in the other thread you posted in and had to check your thread to see what your issue was or is.
First thing would like to know when was the last time you did a disc cleanup and defraged your system also do you have a cache cleaning program,…these three factors can cause this issue that you are having…not saying this is the problem just that it could be.
Also when you did a uninstall did you do just the normal uninstall, if so try the clean uninstall using the sreps below in my signature if you have any trouble or Q’s about the steps just ask and we can help on that too.
BTW…what system are you running :confused:

[QUOTE=astone2665;2033397]Hello imhinkle and welcome to the forum. First of all, what kind of media are you using ? Second, how much ram are you running ? Are you online when you are burning ? Personally I’ve already backed up as many as 10 DVD’s in a row with no issue. Have you tried using IMGBurn as your writing engine ? You could also have a heat issue too. Can you monitor your temps. , CPU, case, etc. ? Have you updated your firmware in your burner lately ? Also, you said you uninstalled and then reinstalled the program. But did you do a ''clean uninstall ‘’? If you haven’t, fine Stormjumper’s signature. The directions to do one are there. Big difference between the two. ~ Mike[/QUOTE]

Media is Verbatim. It’s the only media I have ever used because I have never made a bad burn until I switched to this program.

Ram - 3 gigs Corsair

Online when runnin- sometimes yes sometime no, doesn’t seem to affect the problem.

IMGBurn - no. I just started using the Nero Engine to see if it helped. I can try IMGBurn next.

Temps - Haven’t monitored them, but never had an issue before. I’ll check into it. Could be time to blow the case out again.

Burner Firmware has not been updated since I bought them. Samsung SH-S183L model.

Clean uninstall- I will try that using StormJumpers sig.

Disk Cleanup and defrag- regularly.

Cache cleaner- never heard of it honestly. What program do you recommend?

Thanks for the help guys.

Imb Burn engine works very well with Dvd Fab :iagree: