DVDFab Platinum has Slowed up

Hi- It used to take maybe 15 or so minutes to copy and burn a DVD, but as of the last 2 days, DVDFab has slowed down. It now takes an hour and a half to copy, and then another hour and a half to burn. Nothing else on the computer has changed whatsoever; no new files or programs. DVDFab is very slow now and slows the rest of the computer down when it is running. I have the lastest upgrade. Any suggestions? Thank You.

[QUOTE=PI88;1927950]Hi- It used to take maybe 15 or so minutes to copy and burn a DVD, but as of the last 2 days, DVDFab has slowed down. It now takes an hour and a half to copy, and then another hour and a half to burn. Nothing else on the computer has changed whatsoever; no new files or programs. DVDFab is very slow now and slows the rest of the computer down when it is running. I have the lastest upgrade. Any suggestions? Thank You.[/QUOTE]

Only 1 suggestion open common settings and reset DMA :bigsmile:

Hi PI88
What happened to the thread where Maineman and I were helping you? We could not find it or any posts you had made.:confused:
This sounds lilke your drive may be in PIO transfer mode (if the copying is very very slow). You can click on the Reset DMA button in DVDFab (Common Settings) to see if that will restore your speed. DVDFab will run better if you do not have other applications running at the same time.

signals this person only has one post at this time are you sure you have the correct person?

Pretty sure. Maineman and I both remembered it that way. The thread ws about a split problem I think. Let’s let PI88 respond.:iagree:

Thanks StormJumper and signals. The solution was to reset the DMA. I cannot find my post from last Friday night, signals. If I do a standard Split, the chapters still skip ahead, BUT if I save the split DVD to myDocuments, and then use the Customize option to burn it, everything works fine. So that’s what I do now and it works fine. Thanks.

Well I am glad to hear that 1) I am not losing my mind and 2) you found a way to work around the problem. We even had Alan1476 our Moderator look for the thread and posts on the server and he could not find it either. He said it may have gotten lost during all the server changing that was done last week. Have you tried Split mode again with the new version 4.0.0.8? DVDFab’s internal logic for dealing with unselected chapters has been changed, but I’m not sure if that change applied to Split mode.

missing treads posts counts reverting back to 1 :confused: sounds like Tom’s VooDoo :eek:
Paul post 2 gave the DMA response:bigsmile:

I’ve only have 4.0.0.5, but in the morning I’ll update it to 4.0.0.8, because right now I’m going to bed. thanks.

We were typing at the same time. Tom and I were worried about our medication.

Let us know how it works out.:)[quote=PI88;1927967]I’ve only have 4.0.0.5, but in the morning I’ll update it to 4.0.0.8, because right now I’m going to bed. thanks.[/quote]

Twilight Zone eh :eek: :bigsmile:

Hi PI88,

Thanks for posting back and glad to hear you’re up and running at normal speeds. This is the first chance I’ve had to jump back on the forum in a couple days.
Also, glad to hear that signals and I aren’t suffering acute dementia…not seriously anyway…whew! Like signals said, we were worried after alan had checked both servers and came up with 0 posts. There’s that twilght zone music again…:eek:
Just who were we talkin’ to…:bigsmile:

Just an FYI, the Reset DMA in Fab doesn’t always “stick” for the long haul.
If you find you’re slowing down again, run the VBS script file…found in my sig under [I]More DMA Help + Reset DMA link[/I]. Besides the link, the article is well worth the time it takes to read.

I seriously looked for his other posts, they don’t exsit anymore, I am sure it was a one time glitch due to the changeover in the forum . Sorry.

[QUOTE=alan1476;1929060]I seriously looked for his other posts, they don’t exsit anymore, I am sure it was a one time glitch due to the changeover in the forum . Sorry.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, has to be…since signals, PI88 and I, all remember the “conversations”…:iagree:
Anyway alan, appreciate your help as always…:flower:

Tom