DVDFab Platinum/Gold 3.0.8.6 slow/locks up

vbimport

My DVD express works fine and fast except for very few disks.

Installed DVDFab Platinum/Gold 3.0.8.6 and
now if I choose main movie, it is very slow, locks up, or has retries.

It’s happened with different DVD’s, when I try express it works fine

When using 3.0.8.6 in full movie it does not lock up that often.

I have not changed any of the defaults, am I missing something?

PLEASE open common settings and click on the button that says RESET DMA, also while you are in common settings click on the write on the left side to open the write settings page and make the following changes
Write Speed…4x or 8x
Write Type of DVD-R Media…SAO Writing
DVD Writable Media (DVD-5) Size…4464 (use customize in drop down )
Set Booktype to DVD-ROM…(put a check in the small box)

let us know if you have any more trouble

PS…Welcome to the DVDFab forum

My problem was DVDFab would lock up when finalizing a disc. I followed Stormjumpers advice on the settings and I have not had a problem since. I hope it solves your problem also.

Hello jayronna
Welcome back to the DVDFab forum, I’m very glad everything is running good for you now if you ever need any more help we are here to help when we can.

Hello Stormjumper, this is my favorite place to hang out. I have learned allot from you guys on here. I just received two more dvd movies in the mail that I had ordered and DVDFab backed them up with no problem. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the setting, but I still have the same problem.
It’s not the write, it’s the read. Gets to 11.03% and sits there. Says 43 minustes left forever.

If I go to full instead of main movie it works??

So this dvd rips ok in full disc mode but not in main movie? This is really bizarre… :confused:
What movie is this?

Try this.
Common settings >
Read >
Cache Control > uncheck “enable read-ahead cache”

Also, Read >
Reading Error Control > enable “Ignore all reading errors automatically”.

If you can’t get this to work on main movie and you want to burn just the main movie, you can also just rip it to your hdd in full disc mode (choose your hdd as “target”). Then when you want to burn it, simply choose main movie mode.

Per your request, I sent you platinum v.3.0.8.5 Beta…it’s very stable and more up to date than the previous final release.
Since it is an .exe file, there’s a good chance that a mail server will block it.
If you don’t get it, let me know and I’ll change the file extension so it’ll go through. Keep in mind you’ll have to change it back in order to open and run it.