DVDFab Platinum-Clone-Copy DVD data only

There’s an option in the Clone mode to “Copy DVD-video data only” Can someone please explain what this means? Also, in Full Disc Mode there’s an option to " Remove DTS audio". Again, can someone explain the purpose of this?

The “remove DTS audio” is an option on the “no processing” modes (i.e., not Main Movie or Customize) that allows you to be able to dump the DTS audio files (which are huge) and still use the convenient “one click” modes. It can make 4-5% difference in compression level when writing to a DVD5 or even take the compression level to zero (100% Quality) in some cases, which greatly shortens ripping time.

The “Copy DVD-Video Data Only” I’ve never used but I think has a similar goal; to allow you to dump any non-video ROM type data that may be on the disk while still using a convenient, one-click mode. Others that have used this more extensively may be able to tell us more.

Thank you Signals. That makes sense.

I’m just guessing here, but I agree with signals. I think it relates to copying data on something like PS2 discs. You would probably save a little space if checked when copying a movie as signals pointed out, “…to allow you to dump any non-video ROM type data that may be on the disk while still using a convenient, one-click mode…”.

I guess I’ll try it and see what’s up before posting…

I just tried it…Pirates of the Caribbean. I don’t see any difference in viewing the movie or special features, but I just gave a quick look. Both bkups appear identical when played off the hdd.
Checked = 7.49 GB (8,048,091,136 bytes)
Unchecked = 7.51 GB (8,064,856,064 bytes)

Thanks a lot maineman for going through all that trouble. It would be nice if Fengtao completes his tutorial for DVDFab 3xxx. In the meantime I will do some experimemting myself. Thanks again.