DVDFab PLATINUM CAN'T RECOGNISE TRANSFORMERS HD-DVD

Hi there people. This is my first post. I can’t seem to get any version of DVDFAb Platinum to recognise Transformers HD-DVD. Anydvd will allow play back but I haven’t been able to rip it. Is this because of the MBKv4 copy protection? I’m concerned that other newer titles with this copy protection will be the same. Can anyone help me please?:sad:

No problem ripping Transformers HD DVD with AnyDVD HD since v6.1.9.6. You can try with the newest v6.1.9.9.

Enable AnyDVD, “Right click” on AnyDVD icon in the taskbar and select “Rip Video DVD to Harddisk”. Thats all you have to do.

[quote=zaina;1933528]No problem ripping Transformers HD DVD with AnyDVD HD since v6.1.9.6. You can try with the newest v6.1.9.9.

Enable AnyDVD, “Right click” on AnyDVD icon in the taskbar and select “Rip Video DVD to Harddisk”. Thats all you have to do.[/quote]

I tried that several times even with a few different versions of anydvd including v6.1.9.6 &v6.1.9.7 and when it gets to 30% it gives the error “failed to read disc”.

I would guess it’s a bad disc. Do you know which file is affected? Maybe try playback the file with Nero ShowTime or PowerDVD Ultra directly from the disc, if it also gives you error then you might want to get a replacement.

Thanks zevia, come to think of it during playback there is a major pause half way through but it skips the glitch and keeps playing. Duh should have thought of that! cheers mate i’ll take it back! it cost me $42 Aus

No problem thezone. Have you tried cleaning it with a soft cloth (a little wet is OK). Anyway, let us know if you’ve made a succesful backup. :wink: Are you going to “transform” it to DVD?

No. I decided to back up all of my HD-DVD’s & Blu-ray titles on the hdd. As it’s more convenient to play them from there. And Hdd’s are so cheap now. (500g for $120 aus). I would like to try and compress them using x.264 and the asscoiated programs but its quite complex. Even following a guide I found. So for now they will juts have to take up 20-50g each. I treid just copying the largest .mts or .evo file but i got no audio choice. (prefer uncompressed as have a hi-end audio set-up)

Thanks for your advice zevia, I took the disc back to the shop and got it replaced and i was able to back up the new copy to the hdd using anydvd! it took about 14hours tho. but it plays fine. thanks once again!:bow:

I’ve also experienced this problem - dvdfab wont even show you the main movie, only about 4min’s of the movie.
We need help

I ripped a copy with dvdfab 6.0.7.0 pathplayer disabled and i chose #47. There are tons of selections but #47 worked. Got a wicked copy of it and i have watched 2 times so far no glitching freezing. Perferc rip looks sweet on a 120" projection :). Enjoy everyone…

Shredder

[QUOTE=Shredder68;2454363]I ripped a copy with dvdfab 6.0.7.0 pathplayer disabled and i chose #47. There are tons of selections but #47 worked. Got a wicked copy of it and i have watched 2 times so far no glitching freezing. Perferc rip looks sweet on a 120" projection :). Enjoy everyone…

Shredder[/QUOTE]
Title 47 is the main movie with 1 Audio Stream. It will work with any version of Fab if you only want the main movie. ( Title 47 ) You are refering to Transformers ( Revenge of the Fallen) right?

yeah revenge of the fallen sorry forgot to mention that. I had an earlier version of dvdfab all it recognized was one title. it came up and it was only 2 seconds long so i upgraded to 6.0.7.0 and approx 70 titles came up i burned title 47 and it worked awsome… sorry if this thread was for the first transformers :slight_smile:

Shredder

Ah-ha! #47!! Thanks Shredder, and everybody! Was going craz…ier! …but wait. Anybody’s burned copy skip during chapter #1? Right after the soldiers spot the “thermal ripple”?