DVDFab Platinum Audio Problems

Hello,

I just installed DVDFab Platinum 4.0.1.2 and I’m trying to copy a couple of movies into AVI format. I want to have them easily accessible on my PC.

At first I had no sound in WMP and Divx player advised me that I needed a Directshow codec. I loaded ffdshow but that caused Media Center 2005 to crash so I had to uninstall it.

I then loaded XP Codec Pack 2.3.0 and I now have audio but it is way out of sync. I tried using the default generic setting and the mp3 setting but I have the same issue.

I had been using ImTOO in the past but the video quality wasn’t very good.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. DVDFab is on sale today and if I can get this to work I’m going to buy it ASAP.

Try VLC Media Player. It’s free, works well with ffdshow, and will play DVDFab rips with perfect sync. I gave up on WMP after having codec issues similar to what you have experienced.

//EDIT// Just reread you post and saw that you have MCE. Don’t know how VLC and it get along. Sorry. VLC is a great player if you can get it to coexist.[quote=th3w01f;1937082]Hello,

I just installed DVDFab Platinum 4.0.1.2 and I’m trying to copy a couple of movies into AVI format. I want to have them easily accessible on my PC.

At first I had no sound in WMP and Divx player advised me that I needed a Directshow codec. I loaded ffdshow but that caused Media Center 2005 to crash so I had to uninstall it.

I then loaded XP Codec Pack 2.3.0 and I now have audio but it is way out of sync. I tried using the default generic setting and the mp3 setting but I have the same issue.

I had been using ImTOO in the past but the video quality wasn’t very good.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. DVDFab is on sale today and if I can get this to work I’m going to buy it ASAP.[/quote]

I tried VLC and it works fine but everything I convert with DVDFab is out of sync, some just a bit and others by about 30 seconds.

I also have IMToo and everything I convert using that is in sync but the video isn’t smooth.

I haven’t tried AnyDVD yet but that will be next.

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

[QUOTE=signals;1937102]Try VLC Media Player. It’s free, works well with ffdshow, and will play DVDFab rips with perfect sync. I gave up on WMP after having codec issues similar to what you have experienced.

//EDIT// Just reread you post and saw that you have MCE. Don’t know how VLC and it get along. Sorry. VLC is a great player if you can get it to coexist.[/QUOTE]

What device/profile are you using in DVDFab? Try a different one, maybe one that uses the MP3 encoder (e.g. the PVP->Archos 504/604).

[quote=th3w01f;1937621]I tried VLC and it works fine but everything I convert with DVDFab is out of sync, some just a bit and others by about 30 seconds.

I also have IMToo and everything I convert using that is in sync but the video isn’t smooth.

I haven’t tried AnyDVD yet but that will be next.

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks[/quote]