DVDFab Platinum and '24' 1st season problems

I am getting a consistent crash when trying to copy disk 3 or 4 of ‘24’ first season to PSP. The software gets to the “conversion - one pass” entry then throws up an error dialog asking to send a log.

I’ve tried copying to the hard drive - that works fine. But I get the same error when I try to go from the hard drive to the psp.

Thanks for any advice…

Are you trying to convert all the episodes on the original DVD at once? Try selecting only one title at a time and see if maybe only a certain one causes the crash.

Dear all,

Sorry for the crash/exit problem, we are working on it, and it should be fixed very soon.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Hi gigem,

Please try DVDFab 3.1.3.2:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=220399

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Fengtao -

Thank you for the tip, I did try it but I’m having the same problem. I sent a crash log.

Thanks for an excellent program!

Gigem

bump

bump:)

Hi gigem,

Have you use modified the profile?

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Fengtao I’m a newbie so I’m not sure I cqn entirely answer your question. I am using the default options for PSP conversions, I haven’t changed any options.

Thanks for looking…

Signals -

Sorry to have not replied, I did try one at a time with each of the episodes - no help, same issue.

I had this same progblem with a number of DVDs. After a lot of testing if found that I could convert with a PSP profile for psp.mpeg4.firmware2.8+ rather than the default. The only difference I found in the profile was the

<bitrate value=“64000” list=“32000,48000,64000,96000,128000” />
in the default and
<bitrate value=“24000” list=“24000,48000,64000” /> in the firmware2.8+

Worked for me, I think it has something to do with the way the DVD’s were mastered. In at least two cases were I made trouble the DVDs were single layer. In another case it was a DVD with content on both sides.

dentonDVD521 thanks for the tip - I will give that a try! :slight_smile:

Hi gigem,

We have reproduced the problem, it will be fixed soon.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Excellent :iagree: - please let me know!

Hi gigem,

Please try DVDFab 3.1.3.3 Beta to see the result:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=220858

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Worked like a champ, all complete - thanks Fengtao!