DVDfab Platinum 5 includes Mobile option?

I bought DVD Fab Platinum 5 about a year ago. I was under the impression it included the Mobile option (unlike the latest version 6 where you need to pay an additional amount for the mobile option)? The <Help> <About> screen shows me as the licensee for DVD Fab Platinum with the expiration date as “Dec 29, 2009”. TheMobile option shows the licensee as “Trial User” and the expire time as “never used”.

Shouldn’t the Mobile option licensee be me, as I have registered the product?

[QUOTE=sktn77a;2443367]I bought DVD Fab Platinum 5 about a year ago. I was under the impression it included the Mobile option (unlike the latest version 6 where you need to pay an additional amount for the mobile option)? The <Help> <About> screen shows me as the licensee for DVD Fab Platinum with the expiration date as “Dec 29, 2009”. TheMobile option shows the licensee as “Trial User” and the expire time as “never used”.

Shouldn’t the Mobile option licensee be me, as I have registered the product?[/QUOTE]

Hi sktn77a

When you updated to v6 did you also request for the v6 reg key ? your v5 reg key will not activate the mobile option the v5 registration will only carry over for the DVD to DVD, so in order to activate the mobile option the v6 reg key is necessary.

SJ

I didn’t update to v6 because I thought you loose the DVD to Mobile option if you do that.

So I need to update to v6, get the v6 registration key, and that will activate the DVD to mobile option also?

[QUOTE=sktn77a;2443414]I didn’t update to v6 because I thought you loose the DVD to Mobile option if you do that.

So I need to update to v6, get the v6 registration key, and that will activate the DVD to mobile option also?[/QUOTE]

If I remember right the DVD to mobile didn’t become a separate program until v6, however you can install v6 and keep v5 on your system because v6 will install in it’s own folder :wink:

Right now I don’t particularly need v6, just the DVD to mDVD and DVD to Mobile option in v5. How do I get DVD to mobile v5 to activate and update the status from “trial version”? (activating it with my V5 license doesn’t do this).

???

:frowning:

[QUOTE=sktn77a;2443451]Right now I don’t particularly need v6, just the DVD to mDVD and DVD to Mobile option in v5. How do I get DVD to mobile v5 to activate and update the status from “trial version”? (activating it with my V5 license doesn’t do this).

???

:([/QUOTE]
I could be wrong about when the DVD to mobile became a separate program/option, I have never followed that issue with the brake up or parting of the programs cause I’ve had Platinum since v2 so I have a lifetime registration for both.

It may be that you need to buy/pay for the mobile option, BTW…what is your operating system ?

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2443458]I could be wrong about when the DVD to mobile became a separate program/option, I have never followed that issue with the brake up or parting of the programs cause I’ve had Platinum since v2 so I have a lifetime registration for both.

It may be that you need to buy/pay for the mobile option, BTW…what is your operating system ?[/QUOTE]

Vista Home Premium 64. DVDFab works like a charm on it - just would like DVD to mobile also.

At one time you had to have a seprate key for that then later they changed it, try requesting a new key and that should work for both

There are several threads about this problem but I am to lazy to go look for them for you but like I said before you had to have 2 keys one for each and later they changed it to just one key

[QUOTE=sktn77a;2443463]Vista Home Premium 64. DVDFab works like a charm on it - just would like DVD to mobile also.[/QUOTE]

Try something…

Right click on the DVDFab icon located on the desktop and select “Properties” and then click on the “Compatibility” tab and at the very bottom under “Privilege Level” place a check mark in the box next to “Run this program as an administrator” then click apply/OK

then double click on your reg key and then check the status of mobile option, course with the DVD to DVD expires on “Dec 29, 2009” could mean that you got the program after the splitting of the option/programs

Tried everything to no avail so I sent an e-mail to tech support yesterday. Lets see what they say.

Thanks for all the replies!

Here is the response I got from DVDfab tech support (after several back-and-forths):

"The DVDFab Platinum includes DVD to DVD and DVD to Mobile (two seperate products) if you had ordered them after May 8, 2008.

If you have bought them earlier, the DVD to DVD and DVD to Mobile belong to DVDFab Platinum all in one package."

I think what she was trying to say is that if you ordered before May 8, 2008 that DVD to Mobile was included but if you bought it after this date, they are separate and must be bought separately. I ordered mine in December 2008 so I was SOL!

:sad:

[QUOTE=sktn77a;2447758]Here is the response I got from DVDfab tech support (after several back-and-forths):

"The DVDFab Platinum includes DVD to DVD and DVD to Mobile (two seperate products) if you had ordered them after May 8, 2008.

If you have bought them earlier, the DVD to DVD and DVD to Mobile belong to DVDFab Platinum all in one package."

I think what she was trying to say is that if you ordered before May 8, 2008 that DVD to Mobile was included but if you bought it after this date, they are separate and must be bought separately. I ordered mine in December 2008 so I was SOL!

:sad:[/QUOTE]
Yeah had a feeling you was going to get that bad news…Sorry :flower: