DVDFab Platinum 5.2.3.0 Will Not Open

Greetings,

I have installed DVDFab 5.2.3.0 and it will not open. After installation and reboot, I try double clicking the program and nothing happens. It does not open and then freeze, it is not a hanging process. It simply will not open.

This is on Windows XP Pro SP3, and the DVD burner is TSSTcorp DVD±RW TS-H653F.

I tried instructions I’d found here for a “clean uninstall,” tried cleaning the registry… tried everything I could think of, really.

Are there any known conflicts with that drive or with any background programs that may be running?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Cheers,

[quote=Caravaggio;2202577]Greetings,

I have installed DVDFab 5.2.3.0 and it will not open. After installation and reboot, I try double clicking the program and nothing happens. It does not open and then freeze, it is not a hanging process. It simply will not open.

This is on Windows XP Pro SP3, and the DVD burner is TSSTcorp DVD±RW TS-H653F.

I tried instructions I’d found here for a “clean uninstall,” tried cleaning the registry… tried everything I could think of, really.

Are there any known conflicts with that drive or with any background programs that may be running?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Cheers,[/quote]
Hi Caravaggio welcome to CD Freaks
Did you enter the registration key manually ? and if so did you leave out the astrix at both ends ?
I myself just double click on the key.

Hi, thanks for the welcome. And it was your “clean uninstall” guide I was referring to in my first post :slight_smile:

This is for the trial version, I have no registration key.

All firewalls, antivirus, spyware etc software is disabled., too. I can’t really think of any background processes running that could be conflicting.

I wonder if the program just doesn’t like my DVD drive?

[quote=Caravaggio;2202657]Hi, thanks for the welcome. And it was your “clean uninstall” guide I was referring to in my first post :slight_smile:

This is for the trial version, I have no registration key.

All firewalls, antivirus, spyware etc software is disabled., too. I can’t really think of any background processes running that could be conflicting.

I wonder if the program just doesn’t like my DVD drive?[/quote]
If you have used the free 30 day trial then that could be the problem, however if not then most likely there is another factor involved here.

If this happen when you have or put a disc in the drive then do a quick test… try opening DVDFab without any disc in the drive and if it opens then go into common settings–>Preview and remove the check marks for “Show preview window automatically” and “Play selected source automatically”

I have something similar to this, but it’s after the Fab opens. I have the open DVD Source that just sits continues to run, you see the progress bar continuously moving from left to right. But, it will finish in HOURS not seconds. I’ve done this multiple times, I have purchased the Platinum version. This used to work great for me when it was an older version but now it’s killin me! I’ve waited up to 3-4 hours for it to FINALLY open up the DVD. Meanwhile, things are pretty much locked up on the PC, can’t open anything because it just seems to be in this endless cycle. I’ve tried to kill the processes in Task Monster but that’s pointless. In the end, a reboot is necessary and it’s a hard reboot too.

I’m running WinXP SP3 on a Celeron 2.5 Ghz w/ 3 Gigs RAM, the burner is a SATA Pioneer DVR-212D (just updated the firmware yesterday to 1.28) and I’ve got it connected via a Silicon Images SATA Raid Card.

You know, the old version works just great, I have that running on an old XP box and it cuts through the DVD like a hot knife through butter. But 5.2.3.0 is just brutal. My buddy has a likewise setup and he’s experiencing the same problems, old vers were great, new ones are buggy. Sorry, but this is really making me unhappy, I paid my money, so I’d really like to get this fixed.

Best Regards,

Matty

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2202777]If you have used the free 30 day trial then that could be the problem, however if not then most likely there is another factor involved here.

If this happen when you have or put a disc in the drive then do a quick test… try opening DVDFab without any disc in the drive and if it opens then go into common settings–>Preview and remove the check marks for “Show preview window automatically” and “Play selected source automatically”[/QUOTE]

This is my first time installing the program, so it is not as though the 30 days could have expired.

DVDFab will not open with or without a disc.

[QUOTE=Caravaggio;2206073]This is my first time installing the program, so it is not as though the 30 days could have expired.

DVDFab will not open with or without a disc.[/QUOTE]

What O/S is this installed in?

Please advise.

O’C

:slight_smile:

[quote=Caravaggio;2206073]This is my first time installing the program, so it is not as though the 30 days could have expired.

DVDFab will not open with or without a disc.[/quote]
Right click on the icon that is on the desktop and select “Run as Administrator” if this works then right click on the icon again but this time select "Properties"
With the properties opened click on the compatibility tab and at the bottom under “Privilege Level” put a check mark next to [B]“Run this program as an Administrator” :cool:[/B]

Think you are refering to Vista Tim, He is running win XP

:eek: you are right my friend :doh: maybe I should start up the XP rig and do some checking, of course will have to remove all the dust off of it first :eek:

Yes, this is Windows XP Pro SP3. The user account this is installed on has all privileges.

Just as an update; tech support’s suggestion was to remove SP3. :doh:

Obviously I’m not going to downgrade my OS in order to run their software. Oh well – I really wanted to use DVDFab.

Are there any vaguely comparable applications?

[quote=Caravaggio;2212817]Just as an update; tech support’s suggestion was to remove SP3. :doh:

Obviously I’m not going to downgrade my OS in order to run their software. Oh well – I really wanted to use DVDFab.

Are there any vaguely comparable applications?[/quote]
The issue the you are having is NOT related to SP3 if it was then I would have the same issue on my Windows XP Pro with SP3 which I don’t :disagree:

However you can do a quick test by uninstalling SP3 and see if DVDFab will run by re-installing it(ver 5232) then re-install SP3

Agree it’s not SP3 which is causing your problem, I would recommend a complete uninstall using the instructions from Stormjumpers sig. and redownload ver 5.2.3.2 don’t use the download that you already have because it could be corrupt

One time I had problems with certain programs not wanting to run. I found the problem was in a certain Anti-Virus program (not putting it down or anything, but I used it for years). I found that ZoneAlarm was doing some weird things in Xp pro with SP3. I finally just removed it, and then everything started to work as usual. I now use another anti-virus program which seems to do just as good as what ZA did and no conflicts. (I wish I could use ZA again for the features it had but oh well.)

Could this help your problem?