[quote=jem7jem;2185732]I have a new PSP SLIM (2001) with the latest firmware (5.02). I’d like to know, once and for all, the optimal settings for the DVD-to-Mobile conversion? Is it possible to have one optimal setting and forget it? Or do different DVDs require different settings? I am not concerned with taking up memory on my memory stick, so the higher quality the better.
I’m using version 188.8.131.52 as there have been problems with version 184.108.40.206. I have 100% success with the following settings for the current version of PSP (5.02 firmware).
- Choose: PSP --> psp.h264.firmware3.30+ as the profile;
- Click on Advanced Resolution Settings;
- Resolution List: select “Supported by Device” and then select 480x272;
- If this is a widescreen video, under “Resolution” drag slider all the way to the right towards “Pan & Scan”; click OK.
- I find Fixed Bitrate of 512 acceptable, but you can also choose 768kbps if you want.
- Under Audio Format: aac, select the 128kbps bitrate with a 150% volume;
- Before you click OK to exit the “Conversion Settings”, click on the button “Set as Default” so you can use this as your default PSP settings.
That’s it, should work like a champ for you. Lemme know how it goes.