DVDFAB Platinum 5.2.2.2 - DVD to Mobile settings for the PSP?

vbimport

I have a new PSP SLIM (2001) with the latest firmware (5.02). I’d like to know, once and for all, the optimal settings for the DVD-to-Mobile conversion? Is it possible to have one optimal setting and forget it? Or do different DVDs require different settings? I am not concerned with taking up memory on my memory stick, so the higher quality the better.

Thanks.

[quote=jem7jem;2185732]I have a new PSP SLIM (2001) with the latest firmware (5.02). I’d like to know, once and for all, the optimal settings for the DVD-to-Mobile conversion? Is it possible to have one optimal setting and forget it? Or do different DVDs require different settings? I am not concerned with taking up memory on my memory stick, so the higher quality the better.

Thanks.[/quote]
I’m using version 5.1.2.2 as there have been problems with version 5.2.2.2. I have 100% success with the following settings for the current version of PSP (5.02 firmware).

1. Choose: PSP --> psp.h264.firmware3.30+ as the profile;
  2. Click on Advanced Resolution Settings;
  3. Resolution List: select “Supported by Device” and then select 480x272;
  4. If this is a widescreen video, under “Resolution” drag slider all the way to the right towards “Pan & Scan”; click OK.
  5. I find Fixed Bitrate of 512 acceptable, but you can also choose 768kbps if you want.
  6. Under Audio Format: aac, select the 128kbps bitrate with a 150% volume;
  7. Before you click OK to exit the “Conversion Settings”, click on the button “Set as Default” so you can use this as your default PSP settings.

That’s it, should work like a champ for you. Lemme know how it goes.

-IP

Does anyone see an " autoplay handler" in Vista for Fab? I just installed Vista 64bit and it wont add the autoplay handler.

I not have the 64bit but I have Vista 32bit and it has the autoplay handler

Thanks GJ, I get the Imgburn handler but not Fab in 64bit.

Hey Irish…thanks for the insight. I am going to test those settings out.

Is there a way for me to actually go down to version 5.1.2.2? Just wondering.

[quote=jem7jem;2187147]Hey Irish…thanks for the insight. I am going to test those settings out.

Is there a way for me to actually go down to version 5.1.2.2? Just wondering.[/quote]Did another conversion yesterday and found an audio synch problem. Here’s what I think the problem is; [B]PCM/2 audio doesn’t synch well with DVDfab[/B]. I tried “Generic”, “PSP” and “Xbox 360” all with audio synch issues. On the otherhand, [B]AC-3/2 (or AC-3/5.1) works perfectly[/B] as I described in the steps above.

I keep several older version on my HD but I would not know how to download earlier versions.

-IP

[quote=IrishPrince;2187168]I keep several older version on my HD but I would not know how to download earlier versions.

-IP[/quote]
If an older version is ever needed by you or another member I have all going back as far as ver 2.9 and can be sent by email :wink: , which I’m sure no one will ever ask for ones that far back but hey ya never know :bigsmile: