DVDFab Platinum 3 Beta

Dear all,

DVDFab Platinum/Gold 3.0.1.0 is out (2006/09/18)!

http://www.dvdfab.com

DVDFab Platinum 3 is brand new, is completely rewritten, is based on 5 years of DVD copy software development.

Features Highlight:

A. DVD to DVD

1. 5 DVD to DVD copy mode available: Full Disc, Main Movie, Split, Customize and Clone.
  2. Full Disc: All movies, menus, trailers and special features, is copied to a DVD with just one click.
  3. Main Movie: Nothing else! just copy the movie, with specific audio/subpicture.
  4. Split: Copy a DVD-9 onto two DVD discs with 100% quality, and preserve original menus on both discs.
    Ideal for episodic/season DVD movies, TV series, etc.
  5. Customize: Personalize your DVDs! Want to make a DVD with only your favorite titles?
    How about cutting out those annoying commercials? Or selecting specific audio/subpicture?
    No problem! You can select just your favorite titles, specify the title playback order,
    with or without original menus, to create a DVD with only the stuff you want!
  6. Clone: Make perfect 1:1 bit-to-bit copy of DVDs:
    Make perfect dual layer DVD copy by using the original layer break position.
    Copy data DVD disc, like PS2 DVD.
  7. Very fast copying speed, normally it’s about 10 - 20 minutes.

B. DVD to Mobile

1. 3 DVD to Mobile copy mode available: Generic, iPod and PSP. More devices support can be added manually.
  2. Generic: Convert DVD title to DivX, AVI or MP4 which can be played on PC or specific device.
  3. iPod: Convert DVD title to MPEG4/H264 MP4 which can be played by Apple iPod.
  4. PSP: Convert DVD title to MPEG4/H264 MP4 which can be played by Sony PSP.

C. Benefits

1. Remove all the protections, like CSS, RC, RCE, APS, UOPs, ARccOS, RipGuard, FluxDVD, CORE X2, etc.
  2. Backup scratched/dirty disc:
    Even if some information (IFO) cannot be read, you can still copy Main Movie or Customize.
    Recovery from DVD reading (VOB) error.

3.0.0.1 Beta10 (09/17/2006)

• Fix: Error 400 when copying FluxDVD protected disc.
  • Fix: Error 400 when copying some Sony ARccOS protected disc.
  • Fix: Problem when target is external hard disk.
  • Change: Quality is calculated more accurately.
  • Fix: Several minor problems.

3.0.0.1 Beta9 (09/14/2006)

• New: “Remove DTS Audio” option in “Full Disc” copy mode.
  • New: “Check for DMA automatically” feature.
  • Fix: Multi DVD writers detection problem in certain cases.
  • Fix: Recognize more than two DVD drives on Windows 98/ME.
  • Fix: A crash problem in certain cases.

3.0.0.1 Beta8 (09/08/2006)

• Fix: “Clone” doesn’t work in beta7.
  • Fix: Error 400 when copying DVD in certain cases.
  • Fix: A crash problem when opening DVD folder in certain cases.
  • Change: Improved UI elements.

3.0.0.1 Beta7 (09/07/2006)

• Fix: Version 3 doesn’t work on Windows 98/ME.
  • Fix: Problem when target is external hard disk.

What’s new in beta6 (2006/09/05):

• Fix: A problem when copying “Resident Evil: Apocalypse” and “Underworld: Evolution”.
  • Fix: Nero 7 is supported now.
  • Fix: More than four DVD writers display problem.
  • Fix: Error 400 when target is external hard disk.
  • Change: Always add “Output Directory” to Target list.

What’s new in beta5 (2006/09/02):

• Fix: A problem when copying “Silent Hill”.
  • Change: Reduced scan source time.

What’s new in beta4 (2006/08/30):

• Fix: Source detection problem in certain cases.

What’s new in beta3 (2006/08/29):

• New: Rewrite protection detection/removal engeine, support FluxDVD, CORE X2 now, and support ARccOS, RipGuard better.
  • New: Can set default audio/subpicture per title for “Main Movie” and “Customize”.
  • New: Quality will be updated when selecting/deselecting audio/subpicture.
  • New: Support PSP Firmware 2.8.
  • Fix: Source detection problem on some DVD drives.
  • Many minor improvements.

What’s new in beta2 (2006/08/15):

• Fix: Crash when opening source from hard disk.
  • Fix: Data DVD (like PS2) cannot be copied.
  • Fix: Error 400 for several cases.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

I like it fengtao. Now I have to learn to edit for customize. I really like the way you can choose audio and subtitles without holding control down when doing main movie. Also being able to view parts of the movie is great too.

Mack

Great job fengtao. I backup a DVD movie just fine. No problems there. I was happy to see you added a “Clone feature”. But when I tried it out with 3 different PS2 DVDs, I get the error “Failed to get DVD information at :.”.
I selected the DVD-DVD clone and when I insert the PS2 DVD in the drive, it starts to get the information and then displays the error.
I would like to see this feature work so I can backup my kids PS2 DVDs.

Thanks, Roger

Interesting things.

Don’t hesitate to do feedback to fengtao for any kind of problem with this new generation of products dvdidle…

Hi Roger,

Clone ps2 dvd problem will be fixed in beta2.

BTW, it’s very appreciated that any one give us feedback on this new version.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Oustanding!
The new interface is a huge improvement, easy to navigate, comprehensive, yet somehow remains simple and easy.
Added functionality is great.
Creating a bkup is quick and easy. Truly one click copying.
Have done a number of discs with compression as much as 63-64 %…flawless bkups.

Have done several DLs, playback is perfect. I haven’t had time to scrutinize the LBs yet, but a quick peek looks good!

In the words of Mike Meyers,

“We’re Not Worthy”… :bow: :bow::wink:

Thanks again Fengtao!

Fentango: This seems as good as it gets. I don’t even have any questions. I have tried all the option except the mobile options, because I do not have any mobile players to test it on, but this will surely replace the Platnium 2.9.8.3 in a heartbeat, will Express and Gold still be separated into different programs or will this one program replace all.

Quote bt Fentago:
When official version 3 is out, all registered users of DVDFab Platinum will get free upgrade :slight_smile:

Is this close to the final release?

1. Generic: Convert DVD title to DivX, AVI or MP4 which can be played on PC or specific device.

I have tried this option and am having a problem playing it on WMP. I converted DVD title to AVI and it won’t play on my PC, I used the Generic mode.

I can get sound on the DVD to AVI but no video, I wonder what I am doing wrong.

alan

I know when I was testing another product I had to have a divx codec installed to convert from avi to dvd.

Not sure if you need codec’s installed for going the other direction (DVD to AVI). I am trying out the same conversion as you have at the moment.

FluxDVD does not rip properly as stated in the Fab Platnium 3 notes. i get weird errors.

I’m having a problem using the new beta version.
When I try to make a backup from a DVD from my DVD-ROM there are no problems.

But when I try to make a backup from harddisc, the program closes.

Does anybody else have such problems?

regards

Yes, but it all depends on what burn engine you choose.

Alan

Just done converting pink panther to avi using all defaults (except temp/destination folders) and both the audio and video works.

I can get sound on the DVD to AVI but no video, I wonder what I am doing wrong.

alan

Ithink you need install correct video codec in your pc.
please try to download a directshow filter ffdshow
and install it, maybe this help you play avi file with WMP in your PC.

alan1476, DVDFab 3 is near to release, and DVDFab Gold/Express users will also get their free upgrade. Also, please follow Ting’s suggestion to install ffdshow since it will decode mpeg4 video of AVI file.

Cruz2000, the problem of hd source will be fixed in beta2.

@Fengtao,

Platinum 3 Beta continues to perform superbly as I said 1-2 days ago.
Nothing short of outstanding!
I have noted in this beta, as well as previous beta 3 tests, that I’m unable to “save” my target burner, ie., I must choose it each time. Sometimes, I have to actually search and copy and paste the actual file path, although usually I’m able to just choose from the drop down on “Target”.

Just wanted to make you aware…

Thanks.

Hi Fengtao, Excellent, Excellent, Excellent. Great new update! I would though like to see a full size screen on my dell laptop 1600x1200 resolution. If possible please make a default screen size that you can click the box in the right hand corner to maximise to your screen/resolution size.

Many thanks, and WELL DONE!!!

Just an update:

DVD R2, “SHE’S THE MAN”

Perfect back-up ! Picture brilliant like original, sound on 5.1 excellent :slight_smile: :clap: :stuck_out_tongue:

Just tried the new Beta - absolutely love it! The information provided during the read and burn are welcomed. Only problem encountered was when I went into settings - whenever I changed a setting and closed the settings window I got an error that indicated that a parameter was not correct. when I went back into settings they were changed? Believe the only one I changed was the Bookmark to DVD-ROM. Can not wait for the final release.