DVDFab Platinum 3.0.5.5 - DVD Menus don't work in copied DVD

vbimport

#1

When I use the Full Disc copy feature and am copying from a DVD9 to DVD5 disc the menus don’t work properly in the DVD5 copy. What happens is unrelated video gets played or some video gets played and the disc gets “lost” and stops playing.

I’ve tried different types of original discs as well as different computer systems and DVD drives and still get the same result.

Has anyone else experienced this problem and might know how to get it fixed?


#2

Hi,

Please send us all the .IFO files on Original disc and Backup disc, then we will check the problem.

A recommended way is listed below:

  1. Open an Explorer window, and navigate to VIDEO_TS folder of the DVD.
  2. Copy all files ending with .IFO to hard disk.
  3. ZIP the IFO files on hard disk to one file. Name it with a readable filename, like Stealth_UK.zip.
  4. Send the zip file to fengtao(at)dvdidle.com, you need replace (at) with @.

Best Regards,
Fengtao


#3

Fengtao,

I’ve sent off the files you’ve requested via email. You can either respond in the forum or via email, whichever is easiest for you.

I’m looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Jim Savitz


#4

Hi Jim,

I have got the files, thanks.

Best Regards,
Fengtao


#5

I checked the original DVD with the DVDFab Platinum program and noticed the program does not identify the individual video chapters in the menus for doing such functions as transcoding for media players. I’ve noticed this problem appears to be related to DVDs of TV series where you have multiple episodes and then bonus content. There must be some sort of program logic that gets lost when it reads the .IFO files and when you think about it the TV series DVDs probably have a more complex menu structure (several major video segments instead of one movie) in addition to the bonus content.

Hope this helps you with troubleshooting.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.


#6

FWIW, with the series LOST, the IFOs apparently reference the individual episodes both individually and as one title (for the “Play All” function). Both Fab and DVDShrink mis-identify the individual episodes as “extras”. I have seen this on other episodic disc series as well. To get individual episodes into a readable foramt for the DVD–>Mobile modes, you may have to use Customize to write a folder containing a single episode, then process those folders in the DVD–>Mobile area. Customise would also allow you to do say 2 or 3 episodes per DVD5 for much less compression (a “manual split”).


#7

This problem has now been corrected in DVDFab version 3.0.7.0.