DVDFab Plat won't update

Even though I have it checked to automatically update, it won’t update. I have to constantly check the website for updates and manually download them. I have Trend Micro and I put dvdfab in the list of approved websites so it won’t get blocked. I contacted dvdfab support and all they (W) said was to manually download the updates. Does anyone else have any other ideas?? :sad:

Check your firewall it could be blocking DVDFab’s access to the internet :wink:

That makes sense. I added both dvdfab.exe and dvdfabconsole.exe to the firewall control. I added both since I didn’t know which one controlled the update portion of the program. There’s no change. Do you know which program controls the updating of the software?

The checkbox in Common Settings only notifies you that an update is available it does not download it or install it for you, never has and I hope never will. The notification is only for full releases, not betas.

I’m not sure if I’m understanding you correctly.
There is no such thing as an automatic update. The app will only alert you to the fact that an update is available…at least the last I knew anyway.
I never use this option.

You’ll still have to download and install it.
Hope this helps

[QUOTE=signals;2197231]The checkbox in Common Settings only notifies you that an update is available it does not download it or install it for you, never has and I hope never will. The notification is only for full releases, not betas.[/QUOTE]
OT…sorry
Hey pard, I see I’m typing at “turtle speed”…my usual…:rolleyes:
I’m with you…hope it never will

Actually it did install the updates automatically, just like the guide says it does. But at one point, it just stopped.

I don’t even get the notifications.

[B] “[/B] I have to constantly check the website [B]”[/B]
My understanding is that the op is not getting a notification :confused:

From Fengtao’s product description on DVDFab.com

[B]"[I]Check for New Version Automatically

Checking this box will instruct DVDFab to check its home website for new version releases each time the program is started. It will not automatically download the update, you must do this manually. The “Check Now” button forces an immediate version check. [/I]"[/B]

From the application itself:

[B]"[I]Check for new version automatically[/I]"[/B]

Right…the failure to “notify” is something else again.
Perhaps a bug in this version?
Like I said, I never use this option, but I believe you’re mistaken re: the statement:

“Actually it did install the updates automatically, just like the guide says it does. But at one point, it just stopped.”

[quote=luvspeanut;2197191][B]Even though I have it checked to automatically update, it won’t update.[/B] [B]I have to constantly check the website for updates and manually download them.[/B] …[/quote]As I read it the OP was expecting it to all happen automatically, which is not how it works.

I know it is not how it works, as stated in my last post my understanding was he was not getting the [B]notification[/B]
I will butt out, have a nice day :flower:

If I have the current version and I click the “Check Now” button, I will get a message “You are using the latest version.” If I don’t have the current version and click the “Check Now” button, nothing will happen. From what everyone is saying that is what is supposed to happen. If there is a new version, I don’t get any notification. It was nice when the automatic update worked - I think that was version 4 - may have been early version 5 too. Apparently it is not important enough to get fixed.

I just pop in here once in a while and if there’s a new release, you’re going to see posts for it here…

otherwise, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it :stuck_out_tongue: if you start having problems, come here or check the website for a new version…

peace,

Buk