DVDfab Plat vs. AnyDVD/CloneDVD which is better?

vbimport

I have tried both trial software. DVDfab seems to be a better value for the money since it does more for less $$. AnyDVD and CloneDVD together cost nearly double the price of DVDfab, then you still have to buy a third program for mobile conversion (which is included in DVDfab).
I have heard good things about Slysoft tech support. Has anyone had any experience with DVDfab tech support? Are there any other issues to consider? I know Slysoft has an HD option for an extra charge. DVDfab Platinum may also add this in the near future, hopefully for no extra fee.
What have your experience been with either of the two products? Thanks in advance for any thoughts, suggestions.

First off, I don’t use DVDFab Platinum or Gold, so lets get my bias clear. I keep a current copy of DVDFab HD Decrypter around in case of emergencies, but that is about it. I tried the trial of DVDFab Platinum and found I didn’t really need it. But I think the same thing about CloneDVD2. It simply isn’t necessary for me.

I use AnyDVD HD to break encryption and I am completely satisfied with it, and the frequent updates Slysoft releases. They deserve a great deal of praise for their efforts in decryption. I use DVDRebuilder Pro for compression using very high quality encoders (HC or ProCoder)…the Pro version can also encode for mobile devices.

If I need a transcoder for any reason, I can use DVDShrink (free) combined with AnyDVD. And ImgBurn is a great, free burning program. I probably should send LUK another donation for it seeing how much I use it…though I do give him a lot of referrals…hmm :slight_smile: :wink:

If you look to the future, and wish to decode Blu-ray, then AnyDVD HD is the clear choice.

:iagree:

Link to Donate

Dvdfab doesn’t help me when I want to watch original discs on my computer from other regions. dvdfab doesn’t help me if I want to watch original HD-DVDs and Blu-ray on non-compliant HDMI hardware. Dvdfab doesn’t offer subtitle transparency on the fly when I want to watch dvd movies. dvdfab does not decrypt on the fly, allowing me to use almost any other program I want–faster for almost all releases (with the exception of some of the newer Sony/Lionsgate releases; and for that Anydvd ripper since 6.1.4.2 now provides full disc backups with Shrink). dvdfab can’t remove BD+. In terms of pure flexibility, Anydvd walks all over everything. Do you have to pay for that flexibility? Yes, you do. Are some people angry and upset about that? Yes, they are. Some people feel that anything that isn’t freeware or “cheap” (which is a relative term) is an insult to the online community. The fact is Anydvd HD is the most versatile decrypter available to the Windows OS despite its small size and the tiny amount of system resources it uses.

I am far from bashing or stating just some facts. So consider that on the purchase as well.

Or you can try DVD neXt Copy they provide a free decrypter with their product.

[QUOTE=Vrex;2024671]I have tried both trial software. DVDfab seems to be a better value for the money since it does more for less $$. AnyDVD and CloneDVD together cost nearly double the price of DVDfab, then you still have to buy a third program for mobile conversion (which is included in DVDfab).
I have heard good things about Slysoft tech support. Has anyone had any experience with DVDfab tech support? Are there any other issues to consider? I know Slysoft has an HD option for an extra charge. DVDfab Platinum may also add this in the near future, hopefully for no extra fee.
What have your experience been with either of the two products? Thanks in advance for any thoughts, suggestions.[/QUOTE]

I have tried both although buying anydvd and clone dvd and the mobile program are more expensive…I find that the programs being seperate often work better than the AIO program that DVDFAB makes.

Check out the DVDFAB sub forum and look @ all of the releases and fixes sometimes three in a week. it is a fair program…the best for AIO but still has many bugs to be worked out before adding more functions to it.JMHO
The price is right though.

AnyDVDHD is the best software purchase I have made. When used with Shrink and imgburn you will not want for much. I use it regularly with CloneDVD2 and they compliment each other nicely.

Having said that, I will add that I also find DVDFab a great program and worth the price.

I decided to go with AnyDVD due to the greater versatility of using it with different software. BTW, I noticed that if you uninstall DVDfab Platinum, you need to manually delete the Registry entries which are left behind by uninstall.

try all of them and see which one works better for you…most programs will leave behind reg entries after a uninstall…ccleaner will remove them lol

They both have free trials, use the trial to see what is best for you. Everyone has different opinions, they are both great programs.

It’s not really a question of which one is better, so much as a question of personal preference.

I did exactly as alan1476 suggested and took full advantage of their free trial periods and made my choice from there.

[quote=7thSinger;2032870]It’s not really a question of which one is better, so much as a question of personal preference.

I did exactly as alan1476 suggested and took full advantage of their free trial periods and made my choice from there.[/quote]

[B]Please spill the beans What did you Choose :bigsmile:[/B]

I’ve actually stuck with DvdFab. I’m a creature of habit so my process rarely varies now.

[QUOTE=7thSinger;2032870]It’s not really a question of which one is better, so much as a question of personal preference.

I did exactly as alan1476 suggested and took full advantage of their free trial periods and made my choice from there.[/QUOTE]

That is a good point, and excellent advice :iagree:

I think both are great pieces of software, but I too have settled on DVDFab Platinum. :wink:

I’m glad I used the search feature to get to this thread and the answer I was looking for. DVDFab Plat doesn’t support hd/bluray yet. I’m very happy w/it and am pretty confident that when the time is right they will upgrade it to do so. In the mean time I’ll continue to use it and if the occasion really calls for it then I’ll just buy AnyDVD HD. Thnx guys for keeping it simple and always suggesting we search before posting.

I guess I am still perplexed why anyone would spend big money for Anydvd and its sister progs, when there are so many FREE programs out there.
Theres free DvdFabHD Decrypter.
Theres also free Ripit4me, which works in conjunction with Dvd Decrypter and DvdShrink, also all free.
But like I always say, whatever works for you.

[QUOTE=jamoskeag3;2039578]I guess I am still perplexed why anyone would spend big money for Anydvd and its sister progs, when there are so many FREE programs out there.
Theres free DvdFabHD Decrypter.
Theres also free Ripit4me, which works in conjunction with Dvd Decrypter and DvdShrink, also all free.
But like I always say, whatever works for you.[/QUOTE]

yes but none of those let you watch a dvd that is from a different region than your dvd drive. Some of us want to watch original dvds on our computers from other regions. And yes I know about the free program that does that too. Me personally I like dvd fab and it’s one click for backing up the full disc of my dvd’s. but like you said whatever works

[QUOTE=GJ;2039595]yes but [B]none of those let you watch a dvd that is from a different region than your dvd drive[/B]. Some of us want to watch original dvds on our computers from other regions. And yes I know about the free program that does that too. Me personally I like dvd fab and it’s one click for backing up the full disc of my dvd’s. but like you said whatever works[/QUOTE]

Regarding you region issue, I humbly disagree.
The programs I mentioned do in fact remove any region protection.
Have you tried them??
For instance, try DVDShrink, which does remove region protection.

GJ meant that you had to rip the DVD to your hard drive to do that, other programs do it on the fly.

[QUOTE=jamoskeag3;2039732]Regarding you region issue, I humbly disagree.
The programs I mentioned do in fact remove any region protection.
Have you tried them??
For instance, try DVDShrink, which does remove region protection.[/QUOTE]

Have I tried them? Yes I have and none of those free programs that was mentioned by YOU work on the fly like anydvd so you can watch a ORIGINAL DVD on your computer that has a different region dvd drive than that of the dvd you want to watch. But I did say that there is a free program that does that and that program is DVD43. I think YOU need to try those programs. like linx05 said you need to rip to hdd before you can watch the movie with those programs you mentioned. Just so you know dvd fab platinum is my favorite program and the one I use

[QUOTE=GJ;2039824]Have I tried them? Yes I have and none of those free programs that was mentioned by YOU work on the fly like anydvd so you can watch a ORIGINAL DVD on your computer that has a different region dvd drive than that of the dvd you want to watch. But I did say that there is a free program that does that and that program is DVD43. I think YOU need to try those programs. like linx05 said you need to rip to hdd before you can watch the movie with those programs you mentioned. Just so you know dvd fab platinum is my favorite program and the one I use[/QUOTE]
GJ,
You said nothing about “on the fly” in your post #16. I was responing to what you actually said, not what you meant to say.

And yes, Ive tried DVD43. Didnt like it, so took prog off my computer.
As for Anydvd, too expensive for my humble wallet.

BTW, are you aware of the DVDRegion + CSS Free program, found here:
http://www.dvdidle.com/
It comes from the same folks who authored Fab.
I also think Fab products are great.
I use the FREE DvdFabHD Decrypter all the time. :wink: