DVDFab Plat taking advantage of high end systems?

Can DVD FAB Plat take advantage of high end systems to speed up performance and possibly output quality? If so does this do it automatically or is there manual setting for this?

I have a quad core system with 8GB of RAM and close to 2 TB of SATA II RAIDED drives. I hope I can take advantage of the extra horsepower.

Thanks

[QUOTE=thatdood;1971280]Can DVD FAB Plat take advantage of high end systems to speed up performance and possibly output quality? If so does this do it automatically or is there manual setting for this?

I have a quad core system with 8GB of RAM and close to 2 TB of SATA II RAIDED drives. I hope I can take advantage of the extra horsepower.

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Hi thatdood
DVDFab does it automatically thanks to Fengtao the creator of the software :bigsmile:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;1971527]Hi thatdood
DVDFab does it automatically thanks to Fengtao the creator of the software :bigsmile:[/QUOTE]

That’s great news! I imagine that any upgrade would help bbut the bottleneck is on the CPU and Hard Drive side of things. Anyone care to elaborate on what particular hardware upgrade makes the most difference?

[QUOTE=thatdood;1971574]That’s great news! I imagine that any upgrade would help bbut the bottleneck is on the CPU and Hard Drive side of things. Anyone care to elaborate on what particular hardware upgrade makes the most difference?[/QUOTE]
Your pretty much overkill. I use half of what you have and i’m overkill actually. I hope soon most apps with make use of all this overkill.

[QUOTE=Bob;1971580]Your pretty much overkill. I use half of what you have and i’m overkill actually. I hope soon most apps with make use of all this overkill.[/QUOTE]

My system is a overkill for sure. It’s main purpose in life at this point is for digital video editing. We have our first baby on the way and I just bought a Sony HDR-SR8 camcorder which uses AVCHD compression. From what I understand the software to edit this stuff is very resource intensive. I also have been in the process of converting my DVD 's to hard drive since last year so I can stream them throughout the house. The old hardware made it a long process. I also have an exchange server and Windows 2003 server that I plan to consolidate by using VM/Virtual PC on this one system. I’ll upgrade my video card at some point and mix in some gaming as well but right now everything is focused on video related tasks. In fact I just got a Sling box pro which is pretty cool and I plan on slinging my XBOX360 format dvd’s to my dad’s house and vice versa with the sling box. The new 20Mbps Symmetrical FIOS fiber connection helps alot with the streaming.

[QUOTE=Bob;1971580]Your pretty much overkill. I use half of what you have and i’m overkill actually. I hope soon most apps with make use of all this overkill.[/QUOTE]

What do you think about the G.Skill RAM? I’ve got 8GB of PC1000 coming but I usually use OCZ but I’ve heard nothing but good things about it.

[QUOTE=thatdood;1971603]What do you think about the G.Skill RAM? I’ve got 8GB of PC1000 coming but I usually use OCZ but I’ve heard nothing but good things about it.[/QUOTE]I have 4 gigs of pc800 and i have no complaints.

My new build is 6 months old now but still runs very good. I’m not overclocked at this time.

The burn in apps is the only thing i have seen take advantage of all cores. I know one is the folding projects for deceases and such.