DVDFAb plat source and target drive have same drive letters

vbimport

#1

Hello , I’m new to the forum and have been using DVDFAB platnium version 4 for about 8 months now, It has worked perfectly (until recently). I’m very happy with the prodect. The operating system I’m using Fab DVD on is Windows XP Home Edition with service pack 2.

Here is the problem I’am having. I reformatted my HD and reinstalled Windows XP. Now FABDVD sees the same drive letter on the source drive and the target drive as both being D:/. I have checked DMA modes and they are both set to DMA. My source drive is a DVD sata, my target drive is a TSSTcorp CDRWDVD IDE drive. I checked in “My Computer” and the drives are liisted as D: and E: under WinXP. But FAB DVD program sees them as both being D: now. This problem only occurred after I reinstalled Win XP. I have tried reformatting and reinstalling Win XP and still have the problem with FabDVD seeing the target and source drive having the same drive letters. And before I had this problem I could open FABDVD program insert the DVD and FAB would see it in the drive and analyze the dvd. Now I have to put the DVD in the drive THEN open FABDVD program so it can analyze the DVD. If I do put the DVD in the drive while FABDVD program is open. The DVD will not even be seen as being in the drive. I went to my computer to see if the DVD was being seen in the drive by the OS and it wasn’t seen.

I have also uninstalled the drives and reinstalled, didn’t help. I also went into device manager and uninstalled the IDE drivers and reinstalled, did not help.

I have tried to change the drive letters in XP but don’t know how to in the OS. And I really do not know if this would even help.
Has anyone had this problem ? And if so how do you correct it?

Thanks, and Happy New Year!!!


#2

I’m also having the same problem with the newest version of the DVD fab product


#3

Just a follow up, (for anyone else out there who may have this problem) I seemed to have fixed the same drive letter issue by installing a differnt SATA DVD drive. I can burn DVD to DVD again. Now the only problem is that DVDFab still has the old drive I unistalled name and model in the target box and there is a differnt drive that is doing the burning?? oh well not a big issue at least I can back up DVDs again.


#4

Any Help out there???


#5

did you try using the drop down box to change drives


#6

Have you checked to see if DVDFab is in the DEP(was added by Microsoft as a security fix) eception list ? if so have you selected the setting “Turn on DEP for all programs and services those I select”

also is DVDFab set to run with adminisrtative rights?


#7

morning my friend(you little desert rat :stuck_out_tongue: :flower: )


#8

Howdy Mr Tim


#9

:eek: Mr !!, I would say don’t call me that cause I work for a living :smiley: but since I don’t work any more guess I’ll take the status :bigsmile:


#10

Thank you both for the help, I did try using the drop down box to try to change the drives, did not work. I also check to allow for a exception, this also did mot work. But I did resolve the problem by changing out my DVD burner for a newer model. I installed a Memorex 20 times DVD-/+R burner and everthing is back to normal. The DVDfab is working great again. I still never did resolve the problem when using the old DVD burner which is a TssTcorp. I already had plans to change out the burner anyway because it would only burn DVD-Rs. I recieved about 100 DVD+rs over the holidays so the old Tsstcorp couldn’t read them.

Maybe this thread will help someone else out that may run into the same problem. I still can’t figure out why the DVDfab program worked great when I installed it on WinXP the first time. And then acted up when I installed it on a new WinXP install? I’m going to format and install Win Vista on a seprate HD and try DVDFab on it and see what happens.

Thanks again for the help and have a happy new year


#11

[quote=walther43;2187973]Thank you both for the help, I did try using the drop down box to try to change the drives, did not work. I also check to allow for a exception, this also did mot work. But I did resolve the problem by changing out my DVD burner for a newer model. I installed a Memorex 20 times DVD-/+R burner and everthing is back to normal. The DVDfab is working great again. I still never did resolve the problem when using the old DVD burner which is a TssTcorp. I already had plans to change out the burner anyway because it would only burn DVD-Rs. I recieved about 100 DVD+rs over the holidays so the old Tsstcorp couldn’t read them.

Maybe this thread will help someone else out that may run into the same problem. I still can’t figure out why the DVDfab program worked great when I installed it on WinXP the first time. And then acted up when I installed it on a new WinXP install? I’m going to format and install Win Vista on a seprate HD and try DVDFab on it and see what happens.

Thanks again for the help and have a happy new year[/quote]
If you are going to install Vista make sure it is the ultimate and NOT home version or you will be sorry later :wink:


#12

thanks for the heads up, I was going to format a 160 gig HD and install Vista Home premium on it. I already made the mistake of upgrading to Vista on my main machine, it was a nightmare. But I wanted to get to know my way around Vista because one of my daughters has it on her lap top. I just figured I would put Vista on a differnt HD and experiment with differnt programs and such. Thanks again for all your help.


#13

Anytime my friend it is what the forum is for, have a nice day :flower: