DVDFab Plat Movie Only Compatibility problem

I have noticed a small problem in DVD Fab not sure how far back it goes but it’s on the current version 5230. When a movie is copied in Movie Only or in Custom mode it does not make a copy of the Audio_TS folder on the copied DVD. This causes playback issues on 2 of my 3 players.

On my RCA player it does not play at all.
On my Magnavox combo DVD/VHS I get an error that playback may not be possible.
On my cheap $23 wally:pworld deck it will play them with not problem.

To solve the problem I have found that if I put an empty Audio_TS folder on the disk it will play fine in all my decks with out a problem. Has anyone else found this to be a problem?

[QUOTE=scrambler0100;2200726]I have noticed a small problem in DVD Fab not sure how far back it goes but it’s on the current version 5230. When a movie is copied in Movie Only or in Custom mode it does not make a copy of the Audio_TS folder on the copied DVD. This causes playback issues on 2 of my 3 players.

On my RCA player it does not play at all.
On my Magnavox combo DVD/VHS I get an error that playback may not be possible.
On my cheap $23 wally:pworld deck it will play them with not problem.

To solve the problem I have found that if I put an empty Audio_TS folder on the disk it will play fine in all my decks with out a problem. Has anyone else found this to be a problem?[/QUOTE]

When you are burning the files to DVD, what burn engine are you using?

Please advise.

O’C

:slight_smile:

I’m Burning using Nero 8 by selecting the option in DVD Burning Options in the configuration section of DVD Fab.

I will be trying the imgBurn on my next one to see if that does anything in Movie Only & Custom.

I have checked the temp dir where DVDfab stores the movie before burning and it did not create the Audio_TS folder there either.

I’ll get back to you tomorrow on this and let you know what I find.

(I would use the VSO burn but I have had a costers disks made when doing those for some reason, not all but a few here and there that I had to remake.)

I just tried this with Customize and it made both folders. ??

ImgBurn will automatically create the Audio_TS folder by default if one is not present.

check your Ner0 settings, could have a similar option.

i get an Audio_TS folder doing a main movie rip to hard drive.

I generally rip in customize or clone mode and usually use Img, occasionally use VSO and virtually never use Nero.
I just tried Platinum 5.2.3.0, customize mode, main title only with Img and Nero 6. As you would expect, both the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS Folders were present in both rips. I know that your rips to the temp directory were missing the AUDIO_TS Folder

Interestingly, the disc burned with Nero did not have the AUDIO_TS Folder present whereas Img did.
Go figure…

Awaiting your results with Img

Yes absolutely no problem when the burn engine is ImgBurn. All the folders are there and it plays on all three of my standalone DVD players.

I’m going to have too look and see if there is a Command line argument that can be passed to Nero 8 to create that directory.

[B]If anyone know the answer as to why DVDFab useing Nero does not create the Audio_TS Folder post it here.[/B]

[QUOTE=troy512;2200933]ImgBurn will automatically create the Audio_TS folder by default if one is not present.

check your Ner0 settings, could have a similar option.

i get an Audio_TS folder doing a main movie rip to hard drive.[/QUOTE]

If I rip to the drive the Audio_TS folder is created but when I copy to DVD the folder is omitted on the DVD copy. I’ll look at Nero to see if it’s and option like in ImgBurn but as DVDFab uses the command line Nero Tool to write the DVD I don’t know it the options for the GUI of Nero Burning Rom will affect that operation or not. I’ll just have to try it out over the next few days to see if I can sort that part out.