DVDFab Plat 5.1.0.0 Verify Failure

vbimport

Many thanks Fengtao for all the hard work.

I have noticed that Platinum 5.1.0.0 has not correctly verified after the burn. Have only backed up two titles thus far, so not much experience with this. Previous versions seem to verify ok, although never had an error discovered. In both cases using Customize Mode, DL-9, Region 1, Verbatim DL, vso. The verify starts, but immediately reports that it is completeand ok, no time lapse; then the Finished box appears. Backup plays OK.

DVDFab has been flawless for me over hundreds of titles since v2.x

Any suggestions for a tool that can compare a finished disk to the HDD VIDEO_TS files? Wouldn’t mind a speedier method vs. DVDFabs verify. I guess one could use COMP from the command line, but clumsy.

Thanks

Here’s another one.

set the burn engine to ImgBurn.

I can try that. However, I’ve always had success with vso. Did not have the verify issue with prior versions.

BTW…I did a clean install of v5.1.0.0 per StormJumper’s guide.

Hi Cincinnati Kid
As Troy has said try ImgBurn, it is a much better burn engine when it comes to reliability…
I to have never had any issues with the VSO burn engine, but I like using ImgBurn as the burn engine because it can control your drive better during the burn process.

Have a nice day :flower:

Picked up the latest version and will try this eveining. Are you suggesting this as a possible solution to the verify issue I’ve encountered, or just a general recommendation? Perhaps both.

a possible solution to the verify issue I’ve encountered, or just a general recommendation? Perhaps both.

both. i only use ImgBurn however i do not verify.

and you can always go back to VSO during updates to check if the verify time is reduced.

it is possible to back date the VSO SDK burning engine but still use the newest DVDFab. 5085 uses 2.1.11.347 and 5090, 5100 uses 2.1.12.353.

[ol]

[li]install dvdfab 5085. be sure to select install vso[/li]
[li]cut vso_hwe.dll from C:\Program Files\DVDFab 5[/li]
[li]paste the file somewhere else anywhere like the desktop.[/li]
[li]install dvdfab 5100. be sure to select install vso[/li]
[li]cut and paste the old vso_hwe.dll to C:\Program Files\DVDFab 5 thus over writing the new version.[/li][/ol]
[B]note: you do not need to uninstall only install for this to work properly.[/B]

I downloaded 5100 saturday on top of 5098 and noticed that the Verify task ran in 0 seconds.

On 5098, Verify took a lot longer. I also noticed on 5098, that Verify also ran in 0 seconds if I ran just the Burn and Verify tasks. Verify worked okay (took longer) if I ran the Copy/Burn/Verify during the same pass.

[quote=bigrich85733;2140657]I downloaded 5100 saturday on top of 5098 and noticed that the [B]Verify task ran in 0 seconds[/B].

[B]On 5098, Verify took a lot longer[/B]. I also noticed on [B]5098, that Verify also ran in 0 seconds[/B] if I ran just the Burn and Verify tasks. Verify worked okay (took longer) if I ran the Copy/Burn/Verify during the same pass.[/quote]
I’m glad I don’t bother with the verify feature, because with these statments it sounds like verify does not work at all…I mean verifing a burn in [B]0 seconds[/B] <–gotta be a record :bigsmile:

StormJumper: you are correct: verify isn’t working. If you look at the DVDFab screenshots at the top of this thread, you’ll see that the verify start and completion occur simultaneously. Prior versions took approx 15-20 minutes to do a file-by-file verify of the new burned copy against the temp files ripped to HDD.

Bigrich8573: I’ve encountered this issue during a copy/burn/verify sequence.

[quote=Cincinnati Kid;2140800]StormJumper: you are correct: verify isn’t working. If you look at the DVDFab screenshots at the top of this thread, you’ll see that the verify start and completion occur simultaneously. Prior versions took approx 15-20 minutes to do a file-by-file verify of the new burned copy against the temp files ripped to HDD.

Bigrich8573: I’ve encountered this issue during a copy/burn/verify sequence.[/quote]
I verify my discs by watching them but I going to check if I get same problem as you do with the verify disc. Will post back with what happens

Cincinnati Kid,

any updates?

Troy:

Sorry for the delay…I’ve had unexpected travel. Will probably be back Thurs and give another try w/ImgBurn and vso.

Will advise.

i’m having exact same problem as cincinnati kid, downloaded imgburn and burning a dual layer disc right now, we will see if it verifies properly this time.

Performed clean reinstall of v5.1.0.0. Verify after burn using vso engine still failing.

Installed latest ImgBurn v2.4.2.0. ImgBurn selected as burn engine in DVDFab preferences.

ImgBurn engine completes verify successfully when selected in DVDFab prefs. Backup jobs to both DL5 and DL9, using Clone and Customize modes. Appears that the v5.1.0.0 verify issue may be linked to the VSO engine.

Verify elapsed times seem much quicker using ImgBurn from within DVDFab. Never recorded VSO verify times, but maybe ImgBurn in the vicinity of 50% quicker. Examples:

Clone Mode ‘Forgetting Sarah Marshall’, region 1, Verbatim 8x DVD+R DL, elapsed time 12 min. for a 8.3GB image file.

Customize Mode ‘War, Inc.’, region 1, Verbatim 16x DVD+R, elapsed time 5 min. for a 4.1GB folder.

how do you know if imageburn did a verify? is there a log somewhere? when i used imageburn as the burn engine, dvd fab only said 2 of 2 tasks successful

if i remember correctly imgburn will verify by default.

you can find the logs in ImgBurn > Help > ImgBurn logs

[quote=Cincinnati Kid;2142655]Performed clean reinstall of v5.1.0.0. Verify after burn using vso engine still failing.

Installed latest ImgBurn v2.4.2.0. ImgBurn selected as burn engine in DVDFab preferences.

ImgBurn engine completes verify successfully when selected in DVDFab prefs. Backup jobs to both DL5 and DL9, using Clone and Customize modes. Appears that the v5.1.0.0 verify issue may be linked to the VSO engine.

Verify elapsed times seem much quicker using ImgBurn from within DVDFab. Never recorded VSO verify times, but maybe ImgBurn in the vicinity of 50% quicker. Examples:

Clone Mode ‘Forgetting Sarah Marshall’, region 1, Verbatim 8x DVD+R DL, elapsed time 12 min. for a 8.3GB image file.

Customize Mode ‘War, Inc.’, region 1, Verbatim 16x DVD+R, elapsed time 5 min. for a 4.1GB folder.[/quote]
Glad that ImgBurn is working for you within DVDFab :cool:

:iagree::iagree:hi troy512…also had veryfy problem…sent e:mail to dvdfab…their reply wwas working on it ,dont uuse it?!..have gone back to 5085 which i had soored as back-up,…will test soon:cool::cool:

troy512…to fx verify i re installed 5085…then down loaded imgburn…ran dvdfab with imgburn engine…verify not only works but does its job in half the time of previous dvdfab vso engines !!