DVDFab Plat 4.0.1.2 can't rip Signature Edition From the Earth to the Moon

Hi,
I’m trying to rip (via clone) the Signature Edition of “From the Earth to the Moon”. I’m having a couple of problems:

1. When I put the disk in (with DVDFab Plat open), the DVDFab shuts down after trying to “unlock” the disk. If I try to restart DVDFab with the DVD in the drive, DVDFab will shut down again after attempting to “unlock” the DVD. If I disable “PathFinder” in options, it no longer shuts down when I put the disk in.
  2. I have yet to complete a sucessful clone of any of the DVDs from this collection (I’ve only tried to create an ISO of the first DVD, but I’m going to try others soon).

This is the only DVD (so far) that I’ve had this kind of problem. The disk are clean and I’m getting “error - 102” from DVDFab when it tries to clone the disk.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Justin

Try turning off the read ahead cache in Common Settings.

[quote=weatheryoko;1936141]Hi,
I’m trying to rip (via clone) the Signature Edition of “From the Earth to the Moon”. I’m having a couple of problems:

1. When I put the disk in (with DVDFab Plat open), the DVDFab shuts down after trying to “unlock” the disk. If I try to restart DVDFab with the DVD in the drive, DVDFab will shut down again after attempting to “unlock” the DVD. If I disable “PathFinder” in options, it no longer shuts down when I put the disk in.
  2. I have yet to complete a sucessful clone of any of the DVDs from this collection (I’ve only tried to create an ISO of the first DVD, but I’m going to try others soon).

This is the only DVD (so far) that I’ve had this kind of problem. The disk are clean and I’m getting “error - 102” from DVDFab when it tries to clone the disk.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Justin[/quote]
You must have bad souce disc because I just cloned that exact film ( funny that you mentioned that movie) for my son. I never heard of it.:doh:

signals & alan,
Thanks for the advice. Disc 2 copied no problem. I’m trying Disc 1 again (I turned off the read ahead cache). I was able to make a successful copy of Disc 1 if I chose “copy dvd video only”. It didn’t complain then. Like I said earlier, this is the first disc that I’ve run into that does this.

Justin

signals! You totally rock! :bow:

Once I disabled “read ahead cache”, it worked like a charm! Thanks so much!

Is this an option I should leave disabled?

Thanks again.

Justin