DVDFab Passkey 7.0.0.2 Beta is out (March 6, 2010)

vbimport

Dear all,

We are proud to announce a new product: DVDFab Passkey.

DVDFab Passkey is a Windows-based driver that works on-the-fly to unprotect encrypted movie DVDs and Blu-ray discs.

All features are free during BETA stage.

DVDFab 7.0.0.2 Beta is out (March 6, 2010):

http://72.55.191.8/download/DVDFabPasskey7002Beta.exe

It works on Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000 (32-bit/64-bit).

This version is stable and safe for everyone, please try it to see the result.

Enjoy!

Best Regards,
Fengtao

So, is this like Slysoft’s Any DVD? After the dvd’s are un-protected do we use DVD Shrink?

Is this Free, and how often will the decryption engine be updated? Will there still be HD DVDFab decrypter or will this replace it?

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2500119]
All features are free during BETA stage.[/QUOTE]

@Miroku44444
Free during beta stage only is the way it reads to me. :iagree:

DVDFab Passkey works good with ImgBurn if you don’t want to use any compression :cool:

Has conflicts with DVD Shrink :frowning:

Sorry I dont really understand this; whats its purpose in the scheme of things?

Fab already rips BDs, why do I want this?

Is this going to become something we have to run to use fab for BDs; thus removing the function from fab?

Is it just an added free bonus to those that dont have paid fab?

[QUOTE=K1LL3M;2500206]Sorry I dont really understand this; whats its purpose in the scheme of things?

Fab already rips BDs, why do I want this?

Is this going to become something we have to run to use fab for BDs; thus removing the function from fab?

Is it just an added free bonus to those that dont have paid fab?[/QUOTE]

DVDFab paid version and the free version they already opens and decrypts DVD and BR so there really is no need to have DVDFab Passkey running in the background, I believe Fengtao is coming out with it so users can use the decrypterand PathPlayer with other ripper programs but mainly to bring in more revenue.

If you re-read the release notes he states the beta is free but once it becomes a final release you will have to pay for it, I have checked/tested it out and I personally have no use for it but I’m sure other may.

Thanks for the info stormjumper,

I was a little concerned that it was going to be a “AnyDVD” type method for fab, so am happy its not.

As its not, it wont matter to me then either, which is good because I like the way DVDfab works(does things) now.

Nothing for me to see here, moving along :slight_smile:

I’d be happy with just a little attention to the issue mentioned in this thread?

the purpose is to be able to play some protected disc limited by region. like playing a USA blu-ray in europe with your current video player ( WinDVD, PowerDVD )
I will test it, and I hope it is supporting 64bits version of windows , as DVD43 doesn’t support it.

[QUOTE=lapinou;2500250][B]the purpose is to be able to play[/B] some protected disc limited by region. like playing a USA blu-ray in europe with your current video player ( WinDVD, PowerDVD )
I will test it, and I hope it is supporting 64bits version of windows , as DVD43 doesn’t support it.[/QUOTE]

You can also use it with other programs such as ImgBurn to rip a protected DVD to the HDD, which I have done during my testing :bigsmile:

Wow!
At last an update to DVD Region & CSS Free :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Fruitcake;2500379]Wow!
At last an update to DVD Region & CSS Free :)[/QUOTE] :doh: thats an old program

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2500194]DVDFab Passkey works good with ImgBurn if you don’t want to use any compression

Has conflicts with DVD Shrink [/QUOTE]

Get the kinks worked out with Shrink and it’ll be a winner :cool:

It is never going to work with Shrink on movies with structural protections that foul up the title sets. You can rip those to the HDD with DVDFab and then use Shrink on them. Fab has already given us a free ripper so there is no reason to include it in Passkey. :disagree:

[QUOTE=SaddleTramp;2517026]Get the kinks worked out with Shrink and it’ll be a winner :cool:[/QUOTE]

I only did some testing with Passkey, it’s not a program I would or will buy specially when I already have the same functionality in my DVDFab product

I believe Fengtao is coming out with it so users can use the decrypterand PathPlayer with other ripper programs.

Hmm. That doesn’t make sense to me. Seems one program is completing with the other. I could see this as possibly bringing in less revenue as people who buy Passkey might not then buy DVDFab, and if one already had DVDFab, I can’t see a reason to buy Passkey. Another factor is AnyDVD. For those who already have that, why would they buy Passkey. Dunno man, I have a hard time seeing any logic to this. Maybe I’m just a dumb ass.