DVDFAB ->PAL convert to NTSC

I’ve picked up the trial version of DVDFAB Platinum in hopes that the Region stripping feature would allow me to also convert easily from PAL to NTSC. Thus far it hasn’t been the case. The region stripping appears to work fine. Is there another method or tool I can use to write PAL to NTSC?

Awesome software BTW. I also have 1click which does allot but occassionally I run into a decrypt issue that DVDFab seems to be able to overcome…not sure why but glad it does. :slight_smile:

Thanks

Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

For what I know to convert PAL to NTSC you need to re-encode all mpeg file.

A good encoder is TMPGEnc plus, but it’s not free.

You can find here a list of tools that can help you in this conversion; some are free.
http://www.videohelp.com/tools?s=40#40

In this site you can also find some guides

Don’t know where you’re at, but it’s better to get a player that can play both formats. It saves you the hassle of conversion.

True conversion can be simple or complicated depending on what you want to do. But it will be a lot complicated if it involves menus, especially 16:9 menus. If you choose to go this route, any good encoder with Avisynth usage is the way to go.

To convert you can was years of your life learning how to work incredibly complex programs and get great results… OR … you can use a program called ConvertXtoDVD from VSO Software. It does a lot of other stuff too but I use it for converting from PAL to NTSC. The results are just as good to my eye and it’s a great 1 click solution to conversion problems.

Good luck!

–DB

Bmawhinn,
Toadub is right it’s better to just buy a region free player from bargin offer’s web site or some
other bargin offers has a good region free player for about $49.00 dollars. Plus then you can back up
your copy by connecting your region free player to your dvdrecorder and the backup you make from
dvdfab will allow you to back it up on your dvdrecoreder and then play it on any dvd player
Good Luck ZAP.

[quote=Darkbob;1965079]To convert you can was years of your life learning how to work incredibly complex programs and get great results… OR … you can use a program called ConvertXtoDVD from VSO Software. It does a lot of other stuff too but I use it for converting from PAL to NTSC. The results are just as good to my eye and it’s a great 1 click solution to conversion problems.

Good luck!

–DB[/quote]Works well for me too, on many tasks.:iagree: