DVDFab or DVDShrink and ImgBurn

vbimport

I know a lot of people in this forum use DVDFab and so far I like the program (few days left in evaluation period)., However I have checked out DVDShrink as I have seen it mentioned. It has going for it the “free” versus “paid” factor, which is important in these days of $4.00plus a gallon gas.

Any feedback from the members would be appreciated. Should I spring for the paid program, or will I get good results going the free route with the two mentioned programs.

Also, any feedback on which process is easier (opinion I know) to use would be appreciated.

Thanks

did u mentioned imgburn??? hmm. what do u want to do? burning/backup dvd’s? i’ll go for imgburn for burning image like iso file that most common use as of now and its free… :slight_smile:

It all depends what you want out of the program, DvdFab paid has lots of options to use, (I will let others more experienced let you know what they are). DvdFab has also has a free version, so if all you are looking for, is to rip your Dvd to your hard drive & then burn it to a blank, you can check the link I post out. BTW you will eventually run into problems just trying to use Dvd Shrink because it can’t handle newer protection on it’s own. Check out Post #67 to #74, but also read Post #78.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-5-0-2-2-not-ready-big-league-245636/index3.html

DVD Shrink is not being developed anymore, therefore cannot decrypt a lot of the newer DVDs, DVD Fab on the other hand will decrypt any dvd you own. Its your choice.:iagree:

DVD Backups are all by personal opinions there are allot out there you just have to try them all and see what the picture quality and sound quality you like and suits your needs.

[QUOTE=Dr. Who;2101744]DVD Backups are all by personal opinions there are allot out there you just have to try them all and see what the picture quality and sound quality you like and suits your needs.[/QUOTE]

in short according to Dr. Who, its just our opinion the final decision is still yours. :slight_smile:

Yes that is correct. It is all our opinions and the original poster it is up to you to decide what you like.

Just my 2 cents here, if you want to have to use 3 different programs by using the free DVDFAB just to burn a movie or do you just want one program that will do it all with 1 or 2 clicks of the mouse rip,shrink,burn then I think the extra $ would be well worth it, I myself would recommend DVDFAB Platinum and another good program is DVDNext Copy, but like what was said you have to just try them yourself as most of the programs have a free grace period

Thanks for all the input re DVDFabPlatinum vs free programs. I have already decided to go with the paid program. After evaluating it for a month, I like the ease of use, am having more luck with burning since learning what media to use … I have learned a lot and will enjoy learning more about this process in the forum.

Thanx thanx thanx:flower:

[quote=kdroskinis;2102088]Thanks for all the input re DVDFabPlatinum vs free programs. I have already decided to go with the paid program. After evaluating it for a month, I like the ease of use, am having more luck with burning since learning what media to use … I have learned a lot and will enjoy learning more about this process in the forum.

Thanx thanx thanx:flower:[/quote]
great choice dvdfab platinum is awesome