DVDFab only available to customers outside the United States

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: DVDFab only available to customers outside the United States[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2014/03/myce-dvd-fab-monkey-sad-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

DVDFab informed us that the company currently only sells to customers outside the United States.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/dvdfab-only-available-to-customers-outside-the-united-states-70989](http://www.myce.com/news/dvdfab-only-available-to-customers-outside-the-united-states-70989)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Rotflmao!

Bunch of bullies trying to tell people what they can and cant do with a movie they legally own. I have faith in DVD Fab to find a way to sell their products in the USA and the rest of the world without a group of billionaires making it difficult to people to watch what they bought without having to buy it twice. This is just my personal opinion and in no way reflects upon the opinions of Myce.com, or DVDFab.:wink:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2723824]Bunch of bullies trying to tell people what they can and cant do with a movie they legally own. I have faith in DVD Fab to find a way to sell their products in the USA and the rest of the world without a group of billionaires making it difficult to people to watch what they bought without having to buy it twice. This is just my personal opinion and in no way reflects upon the opinions of Myce.com, or DVDFab.;)[/QUOTE]My Opinion as well.:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2723824]Bunch of bullies trying to tell people what they can and cant do with a movie they legally own. I have faith in DVD Fab to find a way to sell their products in the USA and the rest of the world without a group of billionaires making it difficult to people to watch what they bought without having to buy it twice. This is just my personal opinion and in no way reflects upon the opinions of Myce.com, or DVDFab.;)[/QUOTE]

+1 :iagree:

I wish I could agree. Unfortunately in the US, you don’t actually own the movie: instead, you own a license to view it. Still, telling people they can’t make backups is a moral crime, and IMHO should (but isn’t) be considered a legal crime as well.

What is needed, is a TRUSTWORTHY payment proxy service (like PayPal) that is not USA based. You transfer money to that service, then you forward it to the non-USA based recipient.

Has anyone associated with DVDFab considered using Skrill, or something else like it?

There is always direct wire transfer, but that isn’t cheap. My bank typically charges $40.

[QUOTE=TSJnachos117;2723887]I wish I could agree. Unfortunately in the US, you don’t actually own the movie: instead, you own a license to view it…[/QUOTE]

This isn’t an accurate description of the situation when you buy DVD’s or Blu-ray movies, though the movie studios would like you to think this way. When you purchase movies in the form of physical discs, you are buying tangible goods. You are not entering into a contract with the movie studios, and they have no say in what you do with your physical copy of the movie. You can watch it, burn it, use it for target practice or even sell the disc or rent it out.

Copyright laws (not the movie studios) do impose limitations on what you do with the content of those discs. But there is considerable legal precedence in fair use copying and shifting formats for one’s own use in various types of media formats. What you [B]cannot[/B] do is distribute the contents of the discs.

And in the US we have the prohibition on decryption, which clearly impedes fair use. This is a Catch-22 that has never been tested in the courts for an individual making copies for his own use. None of the movie studios want to press this, as they are not certain of victory in the courts. And some American judges have already indicated that they might very well rule in favor of individual copying.

Kerry56,
I believe your probably correct when I am buying something physical I am trading my hard earned dollars for something of equal value in terms of a tangible good such as a Cassette, VHS Tape, DVD, Blu-ray, etc.

Hard earned cash not their money yet until I receive the physical goods in exchange why not? I see this as a fair trade I owned the money and then handed it over to own the physical goods no?

Does anyone know if they will continue to update for lifetime users since no more money needs to change hands?

yes they will and they are still taking payments from outside the usa so they will stay in business

IMPORTANT NOTICE

1. We will keep rolling out updates to existing customers who own paid versions of DVDFab 9, with identical features and functionalities as before. But please obey local laws and regulations regarding to copyright protections and use DVDFab 9 for your private purpose only.

2. As our marketing strategy develops, a totally new brand, BluFab, was introduced with almost the same product ranges, only without decryption capabilities. Those who have decryption demands will have to find for other possible solutions.

In both situations, we thank you again for the continued support! Stay with us, and we will not let you down!

[QUOTE=firefly33;2723981]yes they will and they are still taking payments from outside the usa so they will stay in business

IMPORTANT NOTICE

1. We will keep rolling out updates to existing customers who own paid versions of DVDFab 9, with identical features and functionalities as before. But please obey local laws and regulations regarding to copyright protections and use DVDFab 9 for your private purpose only.

2. As our marketing strategy develops, a totally new brand, BluFab, was introduced with almost the same product ranges, only without decryption capabilities. Those who have decryption demands will have to find for other possible solutions.

In both situations, we thank you again for the continued support! Stay with us, and we will not let you down![/QUOTE]
They do more business outside the USA than in it, but the USA is a good market, we are the ones that will move to Netflix and the rest of the world will stay with DVD, he will do just fine, but I believe he will be back in business in the USA, just my personal opinion. Laws do change if enough people complain.

[QUOTE=ricoman;2723961]Does anyone know if they will continue to update for lifetime users since no more money needs to change hands?[/QUOTE]
Yes and yes, he will continue to update for existing users. :slight_smile:

Not quite business as usual it seems but hopefully it’ll be back to normal soon.

It just depends how many barriers are put in their place and what they are.

[B]Wombler[/B]