DVDFab on Vista 64?

vbimport

OK, I’ve searched and seen that DVDFab doesn’t want to work on Vistax64 bit version with an intel processor, but I haven’t seen a solution or even if one is forth comming. Has anyone been able to register their version?

I have a DVDFab Ver. 5 key but Fab won’t take it. I click on the key file and it says it took and will restart the registered version, but then just comes back up that it’s not registered.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is my favorite program to backup DVD’s

i have an intel processor, use vista x64 and it works fine.

first, try opening your key by clicking the link in your email. that usually fixes the problem.

if that doesnt work (which it should) try copy and paste without the asteriks.

if that doesnt work, send in a report explaining your key is not working and they will fix you up. they are very good about that.

There are threads on this concerning vista 64 bit and what you have to do in DEP or something like that in order to get it registered, if you use the search you can find out what you have to do, also I believe there are post from my good friend Stormjumper on how to do this

well I guess my key file got corrupted or something. I went back to the email and manually put in the code and it worked like a charm. I has already disables DEP, but that didn’t do it. Anyway I’m up and running now. Thanks all for the help.

Roman

Welcome to CDF’s:

Glad you got it worked out. DVDFab adds itself to DEP nowadays i believe.

I also run Vi$ta (Ultimate) 64 bit and have no problems with DVDFab (Platinum w/Mobile).

Please, what is DEP

Thanks

[QUOTE=camper913;2172149]Please, what is DEP

Thanks[/QUOTE]DEP = Data Execution Prevention

[quote=romancassie;2172092]well I guess my key file got corrupted or something. I went back to the email and manually put in the code and it worked like a charm. I has already disables DEP, but that didn’t do it. Anyway I’m up and running now. Thanks all for the help.

Roman[/quote] There also was an attachment with the key email, it is better to dl the attachment and save it to a floppy or somewhere on your computer and then all you have to do is double click on it and it will register the program, much easier that typing or copying the numbers in:iagree::iagree:

Thanks Bob for the DEP answer, never heard of it.