Dvdfab now limits Bluray copies to Ten a day

I was reading the dvdfab forums and they now have a limit of ten blurays per day you can rip or copy after that you will get a pop up notice telling you that you have reached your daily limit try again tomorrow…:rolleyes:

I guess they need to rent 100000 mega bandwidth servers , I have them to rent DF lol not cheap !!!

Fast way to redirect your paying customers to another competitor. Here’s the problem you bought it and you can do what you want with it right? Now it seems like even if you buy it they will command you want you can do with it. Seems like Big Brother China wants part of the action aka Bribes to keep them in Businesss. Guess time to move to another software that doesn’t tell you what you can and can’t do once you purchase it.

If you are making more than 10 copies a day, you are profiting off software that was meant for backing up the original copy you own. 10 copies a day is plenty.

IF you just bought a couple big lots of Blurays and you want to back them up like I have it slows down the process simple as that and it is not profiting off the software.

I can easily back up 20 per day I gave up and use another program.

I paid for the software that limits useage because they are too cheap to buy more bandwidth they should disclose this info on the buy it now page.

Even a big lot, lets say 100 Blurays. You can accomplish that in 10 days, is that really so bad? To be honest, I do not back up as many as I once did, I use H265 to make a small file and keep it on my computer until I have seen it a few time then back up a few more. LOL. I do not burn anything anymore.

I covert them to a Video file my biggest problem with this is when you buy a software then they tell you after the purchase the program is limited to 10 bds a day whats next dvds too or passkey 10 Bds a day this is my problem with the situation no other software on the market has ever done this and you of all people know this…

Maybe fab is going to charge a per copy of your movies monthly is that next or yearly fees?

BTW I have a collection of a lot more than 100 I would like to get ripped to my hard drive…LOL

I have nothing more to say on the subject let those that are going to purchase the program know that is only fair.

You do make a good point.

As much money as they make on this software, world wide they can afford the extra server bandwidth, but as ILLP , you can count on a fee or future usage perday coming 1000 TB bandwidth from my Company is well over 25k a month… so buckle up users its going to get EXPENSIVE.

I get that the bandwidth has to be paid for but the approach in limiting everyone to 10 movies a day is problematic, IMHO. First off, it’s a limitation added after the majority of people have already owned a license where no such limitation was stipulated which is obviously going to make [some] people angry. Let’s ignore that, however.

What is the primary cause of the large amounts of data usage? I would suspect it is the Cinavia removal. So why limit everyone when the main bandwidth hog is Cinavia removal and not everyone even has a license for Cinavia removal? Limit the number discs processed where Cinavia is removed but don’t limit processing of non-Cinavia discs. Or do that and grandfather existing license owners and add a limitation on new license owners. It’s likely the easiest way to do things by setting the limit for 10 discs per license per day but that doesn’t make it the right way to approach it.

With respect to those who can’t understand how a limit of 10 discs could be a problem, there are some people who do their backup routine at abnormal intervals which can result in batches of a seemingly large number of discs but the actual batch may have piled up over weeks or months. So, said people don’t actually use the software on a daily basis. It could be argued that since they don’t normally process discs every day let alone 10 discs a day that their unused 10 discs per day should rollover and stack up so that they could when it came around time for them to do one of their batches. Again, this makes things complicated but there’s validity to the point that I’m making.

Just food for thought.

Called shoot yourself in the foot and scare away customers from renewing or first time buyers. That is why-they would never disclouse that either.

You do realize the limit is there because they are replacing the entire Audio of a Blu-Ray title while you are online, thus this just might cost you 2 ways

1: their expensive software that now has a limit of usage for Cinavia Removal
2: your own Internet provider capping your own bandwidth after you have reached your monthly allotted amount

So the solution is they buy more bandwidth 1000 TB should not crash there load and allow everyone the ability not to be capped at 10

Hey DF I can rent you this as long as it is not used illegally ? Any sever bandwidth you need. just cost money lots of cash.

Of course I realize all that you said. I think that part was obvious but if limitations are added they should be done sanely and fairly.

The 10 BDs limitation is designed to provide better service for all users. With all the decryption data for most BDs now being supplied by the servers, along with registration data and Cinavia Removal repair files, it was necessary to place a ceiling on daily use.

With the new limit, the product will start faster and will get the data it needs from the server faster, to the benefit of all. For most users,10 discs a day is plenty. We also have get positive feedbacks from users on the experience when using dvdfab.

If this brings inconvenience for paid users who have large demand on BD copys for their legal use, he or she can contact dvdfab customer service to lift the limitation. And in the future, dvdfab will push out a more professional version for users who have large number of BD conversion requirements, by then their experience will also be improved.

Hope you can understand. :slight_smile:

The limitation is only designed to improve user experience. Your worry too much. :slight_smile:
If you are paid user and have large BDs to deal with per day, you can contact dvdfab customer service for your demand.

How does this Improve customer user experince the simple fact is you do not have the bandwidth of your servers for the demand thus the 10 per day limit.

your first reply in this thread implies just what I was afraid of we will put out a professional version that meaning more money.

I do realize that servers like dvdfab runs are very expensive and I do understand that you had to place a limit per day or buy more bandwidth however buying a very expensive product without any mention anywhere on your homepage is unacceptable.

what this boils down to is if I want to do more than 10 a day it is going to cost me more money if I contact you ?

This info was never posted anywhere on the buy page is there anything else like a ten per day bluray passskey dercypter limit as well?

I just want some answers this one was very unexpected and I would like to see a place on your home page that says there is a daily cap on blurays to 10 per day that would be fair by not disclosing this info it is not fair to the consumer.

[quote=“Lucy_dvdfab, post:14, topic:398792, full:true”]
The 10 BDs limitation is designed to provide better service for all users. With all the decryption data for most BDs now being supplied by the servers, along with registration data and Cinavia Removal repair files, it was necessary to place a ceiling on daily use. [/quote]If this was the case why doesn’t site make any mention or stating so?

[quote=“Lucy_dvdfab, post:14, topic:398792, full:true”]With the new limit, the product will start faster and will get the data it needs from the server faster, to the benefit of all. For most users,10 discs a day is plenty. We also have get positive feedbacks from users on the experience when using dvdfab. [/quote]Start faster that akin to Win8 starts faster the Win7-where is that statistically shown?

[quote=“Lucy_dvdfab, post:14, topic:398792, full:true”]If this brings inconvenience for paid users who have large demand on BD copys for their legal use, he or she can contact dvdfab customer service to lift the limitation. And in the future, dvdfab will push out a more professional version for users who have large number of BD conversion requirements, by then their experience will also be improved. [/quote]I think this should be it will inconvenience user whom already paid but now get a full monty oh just because you paid you don’t get to play.

[quote=“ILLP, post:16, topic:398792, full:true”]
How does this Improve customer user experince the simple fact is you do not have the bandwidth of your servers for the demand thus the 10 per day limit.[/quote]I haven’t heard of any real justification other then we can do it so we will do it.

[quote=“ILLP, post:16, topic:398792, full:true”]your first reply in this thread implies just what I was afraid of we will put out a professional version that meaning more money.[/quote]I figure this would be coming somewhere down the pipe.

[quote=“ILLP, post:16, topic:398792, full:true”]I do realize that servers like dvdfab runs are very expensive and I do understand that you had to place a limit per day or buy more bandwidth however buying a very expensive product without any mention anywhere on your homepage is unacceptable.[/quote]Good luck pulling teeths out here.

[quote=“ILLP, post:16, topic:398792, full:true”]what this boils down to is if I want to do more than 10 a day it is going to cost me more money if I contact you ?[/quote]This will drive users away definitely when they see that after paying high $$ for the software to get such restrictions.

[quote=“ILLP, post:16, topic:398792, full:true”]This info was never posted anywhere on the buy page is there anything else like a ten per day bluray passskey dercypter limit as well?[/quote]That probably will never happen - if they did that interested buyers would skip it and go find one that doesn’t do that.

[quote=“ILLP, post:16, topic:398792, full:true”]I just want some answers this one was very unexpected and I would like to see a place on your home page that says there is a daily cap on blurays to 10 per day that would be fair by not disclosing this info it is not fair to the consumer.
[/quote]I have yet to hear of the other competitor going this route. Although they are now close project but they could very well do the same thing but they don’t and I hope they don’t go this route as well. The backlash would burn the internet if that happened.

Not happening at CinExHD

That’s aleady been explained but basically if they allow their servers to become swamped by users downloading BD data, and the authentcation process contends for this same bandwidth, then the authentication process is slowed down by the downloaders.

If they apply reasonable limits on bandwidth then the authenication proceeds unhindered and the software opens more quickly.

Wouldn’t a business that makes such software had planned for this already that would be coming down the pipe? If one is going to create such software with that data base users - not expecting something like this to happen eventually goes to show bad planning process and as such this kinda situation will continue and not stop anytime soon.