DVDFab not working on HD titles

Ok… downloaded the free DVD HD Decrypter some time ago. It has worked with backing up my HD disks to my HDD for playback, both BluRay and HD DVD. I own the disks, and this is the only way my handicapped wife can watch them since she cannot get the disk out of the cases and put it into the tray for playing. I understand this is a really gray area in regards to the legal issues… :cop:

anyways, I have both the Xbox360 HD DVD drive attached to my computer and the LG dual player in my HTPC. Recently, no High Def disk is showing up in DVDFab HD decrypter! Neither on the Xbox player or the LG. Even the titles that I have previously copied! Nothing has changed that I know of other than upgraded to the latest beta, and installed the trial of DVDFab Platiunum.

I’ve seen others that have posted the same issue, but what I find interesting is it was working before just fine!

I’m wondering if anyone has an idea before I start back tracking versions. Did installing the trail screw it up? Do I need it if all I want is to back up titles? Not trying to or wanting to burn them… just watch from the HDD

[QUOTE=FiremanJim;1973303]Ok… downloaded the free DVD HD Decrypter some time ago. It has worked with backing up my HD disks to my HDD for playback, both BluRay and HD DVD. I own the disks, and this is the only way my handicapped wife can watch them since she cannot get the disk out of the cases and put it into the tray for playing. I understand this is a really gray area in regards to the legal issues… :cop:

anyways, I have both the Xbox360 HD DVD drive attached to my computer and the LG dual player in my HTPC. Recently, no High Def disk is showing up in DVDFab HD decrypter! Neither on the Xbox player or the LG. Even the titles that I have previously copied! Nothing has changed that I know of other than upgraded to the latest beta, and installed the trial of DVDFab Platiunum.

I’ve seen others that have posted the same issue, but what I find interesting is it was working before just fine!

I’m wondering if anyone has an idea before I start back tracking versions. Did installing the trail screw it up? Do I need it if all I want is to back up titles? Not trying to or wanting to burn them… just watch from the HDD[/QUOTE]
FiremanJim
try uninstalling DVDFab Platimum using the info in the link below in my signature and then re-install only the DVDFab HD Decrypter, since you are not going to do any backs to disc’s no need to have Platinum on your system
DVDFab Platinum does not deal with HD or BlueRay and their may be a conflict between the two programs, and the reason I said to reinstall DVDFab HD Decrypter after doing the uninstall is because the steps you do in the link below removes items left behind and you will have to reinstall them for HD Decrypter
Hi