DVDFab not removing RCE

vbimport

I have been using DVDIdlePro for a couple of years to watch my Region 2 DVDs on a Region 1 computer, and it works fine (even on Matshita Drive on Sony Vaio). However, I would like to back them up to region free DVDs to play on my home television system.

I downloaded DVDFab Decrypter and a trial version of DVDFab Gold, and have tried to burn copies of a small region 2 disc (whole disc fits DVD-5), by first using DVDFabDecrypter to copy to HDD and then using DVDFab to burn the DVD. In both programs I have selected Region 2 from the options menu as instructed to remove the RCE code. The discs (3 so far) have all come out Region 2, play fine on my PC, but home system says–wrong region.

I love Fengtao’s software, but I am thinking of trying something else.

Thanks!
Van

I understand that you have watched R2 discs on your R1 pc and with the Matshita drive, but please realize that Matshita drives are not supported by Fengtao. Basically, Matshita drives are the most restricted drives re: region codes and least supported. I would try to utilize just gold or just express, ie., rip and burn with just the one application rather than rip with fabdecrypter. It’s more seamless and less complicated. (You can download the trial of express as well…platinum is comprised both of express and gold).

Frankly, I wouldn’t hold out much hope. I believe the problem is your Matshita drive.

Hi Van,

Please send us all the .IFO files on Backup disc, then we will check the problem.

A recommended way is listed below:

1. Open an Explorer window, and navigate to VIDEO_TS folder of the DVD.
  2. Copy all files ending with .IFO to hard disk.
  3. ZIP the IFO files on hard disk to one file. Name it with a readable
    filename, like Stealth_UK.zip.
  4. Send the zip file to fengtao(at)dvdidle.com, please replace (at) with @.

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Thanks! Will do!

let’s assume you’re VIDEO_TS lives in:
c:\DVD\

from a command prompt enter:
subst T: “C:\dvd”

now load your DVD player software and open Drive T. Watch.

:cool:

Huh? He’s not having a problem watching it on his computer. His problem is watching it on his stand alone home DVD player.