DVDFAB no longer targets my dvd writer

vbimport

Hi all ! Just joined the group. Glad to be here. I have a question about the newest Dvdfab update I installed today.
I’ve lost the ability apparently to “target” my optiaric dvd writer. In the target box it only gives me the option to target a folder on my hd. I have dvdfab gold. When I target my E drive it opens the drive and tells me to put in a media. Also there aren’t any settings options page to select a burn speed Like there used to be. Can anyone help ? Thanks

tallmanqwerty

[quote=tallmanqwerty;2107050]Hi all ! Just joined the group. Glad to be here. I have a question about the newest Dvdfab update I installed today.
I’ve lost the ability apparently to “target” my optiaric dvd writer. In the target box it only gives me the option to target a folder on my hd. I have dvdfab gold. When I target my E drive it opens the drive and tells me to put in a media. Also there aren’t any settings options page to select a burn speed Like there used to be. Can anyone help ? Thanks

tallmanqwerty[/quote]
OK At the top of dvdfab you see a green dot with a checkmark. Click that and it will take you to the common settings. Then for burn speed you click dvd write and choose your speed under write speed. Now for your target you need to click dvd to dvd and choose your output type. Which will be dvd writer. then click ok and then restart dvdfab. After restarting you should have your dvd drive as target. [B]EDIT:[/B]When you choose your dvd drive as target from the main screen it always opens the dvd drive, just close it and restart dvdfab.

Also for further DVDFAB help we have a DVDFAB Forum here on CD Freaks also :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=GJ;2107092]OK At the top of dvdfab you see a green dot with a checkmark. Click that and it will take you to the common settings. Then for burn speed you click dvd write and choose your speed under write speed. Now for your target you need to click dvd to dvd and choose your output type. Which will be dvd writer. then click ok and then restart dvdfab. After restarting you should have your dvd drive as target. [B]EDIT:[/B]When you choose your dvd drive as target from the main screen it always opens the dvd drive, just close it and restart dvdfab.[/QUOTE]

Ok, first THANKS for replying with your help. I appreciate it.
NEXT…My "options page does NOT give me a ‘write’ choice. Under dvd all I have is
READ
PROTECTION
PATHPLAYER

As I think I mentioned in my first post, I just recently downloaded the newest update to dvdfab. I always had the options and choices you are talking about in my original download as well as all subsequent updates I was informed of. I used them to set my write speed and such. Now in this latest version this is GONE. It’s like I now have some stripped down version of what I had before. I can still write to a folder apparently, but no longer directly to disc.
I’ve downloaded, installed, uninstalled, cleaned my system of all traces, re-downloaded, re-installed…4 times now. No luck. I bought the GOLD edition originally, about two months ago.
Thanks again

tallmanqwerty

Moved to the DVD Fab forum :).

Hi tallmanqwerty and welcome to cdfreaks,

I think you may have inadvertantly installed the freeware version…DVDFab HD Decrypter. There’s no reason I can think of that the [B]write[/B] function has “disappeared”, particularly in light of your ODD vanishing as well.

Download a fresh app again and install…being certain you select the Gold app. You may have to completely uninstall the current app for this to work…not sure about this.
Frankly, I’m not sure how this happened…if you have Gold…once you click on the download, the installer should just take over with a few prompts.

If you saved the installers for previous apps (many of us do…a wise practice in case you need to revert), you may want to have a look and see if it’s the DVDFab HD decypter that on the hdd.

Hope this helps.

with dvdfab 5 there is only one install for all 4 versions [decrypter, gold, platinum, mobile]. its the product key that unlocks features. in trial mode you can select to try gold/platinum or use decrypter, if you register dvdfab gold only dvdfab gold will open instead of the trial window. be sure to register your key [best to save the key to hard drive and with dvdfab closed double click the key], you can request a new one if you need it.
http://www.dvdfab.com/retrieveregkey.htm

edit// oh and only download from dvdfab.[B]com[/B] or from here in the forum.