DVDFab no longer creating ISOs from VIDEO_TS folder?

Whenever I attempt to create and ISO from a VIDEO_TS folder thats already saved on the hdd DVDFab immediately fails and quits the task. The last version to work doing this was 5.2.3.2. Every release since has failed handling this task? Whats going on? “Task_1 Failed! Error=100” Is the error I get?

[QUOTE=ECSJR;2305164]Whenever I attempt to create and ISO from a VIDEO_TS folder thats already saved on the hdd DVDFab immediately fails and quits the task. The last version to work doing this was 5.2.3.2. Every release since has failed handling this task? Whats going on? “Task_1 Failed! Error=100” Is the error I get?[/QUOTE]

Can I safely assume you are using the free version of DVDFab?

If you are, you’ll have to download Imgburn from the web (a freebie) and use it to do the job.

OC

:slight_smile:

Not the free edition. Platinum? Please help.

Anyone else experiencing the same problem? Source = Video_TS folder and Target = .ISO file. Will NOT work??? Is there a fix in progress?

I believe you need to have ImgBurn installed and set as your Burner in order to get the ISO files. I can test it out in a bit after I finish burning my DVD back up with a different program

[QUOTE=GJ;2305334]I believe you need to have ImgBurn installed and set as your Burner in order to get the ISO files. I can test it out in a bit after I finish burning my DVD back up with a different program[/QUOTE]

Here’s the DVDFab_Event.log:
06:54:50: Task_1 failed! Error=100
06:54:51: Process failed!

I know ImgBurn can create ISOs for me. But thats a free program. Im not worried about ImgBurn working correctly. I payed for DVDFab to work correctly. Im not complaining tho. Love the program. Just trying to make awareness of the bug to the developer.

Also when you set ImgBurn as the burning engine it only opens ImgBurn. I have to direct ImgBurn to the file and hit start. Which means its no longer a onestep process. For those of us who like to set it and walk away expecting the iso to be created when we return.

I don’t normally do ISOs but just tried and does not work but I believe Fengtao knows about it and is working hard at getting it fixed. I think the reason ISO does not work at the moment is because Blu-ray needs the ISO format so Fengtao is probably working hard at another way for ISO to be created for the DVD format

[QUOTE=GJ;2305354]I don’t normally do ISOs but just tried and does not work but I believe Fengtao knows about it and is working hard at getting it fixed. I think the reason ISO does not work at the moment is because Blu-ray needs the ISO format so Fengtao is probably working hard at another way for ISO to be created for the DVD format[/QUOTE]

Ah… Good enough answer for me… I appreciate the response. Yea hopefully we’ll see the fix soon. Again thank you.

[QUOTE=ECSJR;2305338]
Also when you set ImgBurn as the burning engine it only opens ImgBurn. I have to direct ImgBurn to the file and hit start. Which means its no longer a onestep process. For those of us who like to set it and walk away expecting the iso to be created when we return.[/QUOTE]

This is not normal behavior and does not occur on my systems.
Img is fairly well integrated in Fab and really my only extra step occurs when I’m burning DLs and I have to choose the LB manually.
Otherwise, Img requires the .MDS for LB location.

You stated that this has occurred with every version after 5.2.3.2.
Are we to assume you are now using 6.0.2.2 ?

Re: .ISO files.
This is working just fine for me. I typically use Img as the default burn engine, but I just ran 2 trial rips of[B] Push[/B] with 6.0.2.2.
Both ripped to the hdd as .ISO files. One done with Img as the default burn engine and the other with VSO.
Both files are intact play just fine when viewed from the hdd.

Go figure…
There sure have been a lot of problems reported with 6.0.2.2

maineman he was trying to copy a Video TS folder to ISO file using DVDfab as mentioned in post #1. I too have not had any problems but I never convert Video TS folders to ISO using DVDfab.

I am having similar problem. DVDFab Platinum 6.0.1.0 (Registered) was working fine creating iso images on HDD from DVD. Successfully created 10-12 iso files. Upgraded to 6.0.2.2 and iso creation stopped working. It created VIDEO_TS files but no iso.
Removed V6.0.2.2 & went back to 6.0.1.0 & now it fails to create Video_TS and iso. After clicking START pgm just sits there without any action. Tried 6.0.2.2 again and now it is broken in same way.
What do I have to do to one of these versions running again?

odie65

Do a complete clean un-install and then reboot and install fresh download of ver 6.0.1.0

What Operating system do you have?

Here is a llink to StormJumpers clean un-install directions for Win Xp

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/guide-clean-uninstal-dvdfab-platinum-gold-246355/#post2073105

Thanks GJ and sorry for the confusion on my part,
and thanks again…for the “re-orientation”…lol

I was interrupted so many times during the last post, I’m surprised I actually got anything posted at all…albeit irrelevant…:doh:

Of course, Fab should have no problem doing what the OP tried.
Curious though, why he (? she) wants to do this?

Anyway, I just did 2 rips with Maltese Falcon from file mode (VIDEO_TS & AUDIO_TS FOLDERS) to .ISO and had no problems at all.
I did it with both Img and VSO selected as burn engines.
The screenshot below is from the 2nd rip with VSO selected.
Both .ISO files play back just fine with VLC.

You might try selecting the entire folder as “source” and not just the VIDEO_TS folder. This shouldn’t matter though and just before I posted I selected only the VIDEO_TS FOLDER and Fab opens just fine.

We need an updated version, that’s for sure. Folks are reporting way too many problems

If the OP is converting folders to ISO he should be using Write Data mode. Not clear to me if this is the case. ??

[QUOTE=maineman;2305379]This is not normal behavior and does not occur on my systems.
Img is fairly well integrated in Fab and really my only extra step occurs when I’m burning DLs and I have to choose the LB manually.
Otherwise, Img requires the .MDS for LB location.

You stated that this has occurred with every version after 5.2.3.2.
Are we to assume you are now using 6.0.2.2 ?

Re: .ISO files.
This is working just fine for me. I typically use Img as the default burn engine, but I just ran 2 trial rips of[B] Push[/B] with 6.0.2.2.
Both ripped to the hdd as .ISO files. One done with Img as the default burn engine and the other with VSO.
Both files are intact play just fine when viewed from the hdd.

Go figure…
There sure have been a lot of problems reported with 6.0.2.2[/QUOTE]

It works fine ripping a DVD to hdd as .ISO. It only fails when the VIDEO_TS folder is already created on the hdd. Im not sure why it doesnt seem to work… Im running Vista Ultimate x64. Also every release since the 5.2.3.2 fails to place the date correctly in the titlebar? Im looking at everyones screenshots like MAN! I WANT THAT! LOL… If anyone can reproduce these problems and let me know that its just not me, Id feel better. I mean, Im 4+ years experienced Geek Squad agent. Been ripping movies for over 5 years. Im experience and well knowledge about DVDFab since v3.

[QUOTE=signals;2305582]If the OP is converting folders to ISO he should be using Write Data mode. Not clear to me if this is the case. ??[/QUOTE]

Im using FULL DVD whenever I try to write the folders to ISO and yes I use the “head” folder not just the VIDEO_TS folder but either way it never works?

[QUOTE=maineman;2305493]Thanks GJ and sorry for the confusion on my part,
and thanks again…for the “re-orientation”…lol

I was interrupted so many times during the last post, I’m surprised I actually got anything posted at all…albeit irrelevant…:doh:

Of course, Fab should have no problem doing what the OP tried.
Curious though, why he (? she) wants to do this?

Anyway, I just did 2 rips with Maltese Falcon from file mode (VIDEO_TS & AUDIO_TS FOLDERS) to .ISO and had no problems at all.
I did it with both Img and VSO selected as burn engines.
The screenshot below is from the 2nd rip with VSO selected.
Both .ISO files play back just fine with VLC.

You might try selecting the entire folder as “source” and not just the VIDEO_TS folder. This shouldn’t matter though and just before I posted I selected only the VIDEO_TS FOLDER and Fab opens just fine.

We need an updated version, that’s for sure. Folks are reporting way too many problems[/QUOTE]
I noticed in your screenshot its analyzing a DVD. Im specifically referring to problems only with the DVDs VIDEO_TS folders when they are already located on the hdd. It immediately begins the create ISO process if the files are already there. Im not sure your replicating the same task as me. But either way I appreciate the help.

[QUOTE=ECSJR;2305602]I noticed in your screenshot its analyzing a DVD. Im specifically referring to problems only with the DVDs VIDEO_TS folders when they are already located on the hdd. It immediately begins the create ISO process if the files are already there. Im not sure your replicating the same task as me. But either way I appreciate the help.[/QUOTE]

Did you try Signals suggestion?

That is, when you want to create an ISO with Fab and the VSO engine, and the files are already on the HD, use DVD to DVD > ‘Write Data’ mode, select whatever target you like (using the ISO icon), and see how that goes.

Please advise.

OC

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=OCanada;2305615]Did you try Signals suggestion?

That is, when you want to create an ISO with Fab and the VSO engine, and the files are already on the HD, use DVD to DVD > ‘Write Data’ mode, select whatever target you like (using the ISO icon), and see how that goes.

Please advise.

OC

:)[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Ill try that out and post results.

I just verified this issue to be true, howerver as stated above in a post earlier the way to create a iso after you’ve ripped the dvd to video_ts folder is with the write command. At least that’s whats working for now. No reinstall in the world is gonna fix that issue from what I can tell. I was able to make 83 movies on my whs into iso’s just now, lol i was doing some cleanup and buring back to dvd so I said wtf. tbh though I don’t make iso’s at all anymore. The best way to master a dvd is to take the video_ts folder into imgburn using the burn folders to disc method and give the dvd a lable. Then let imgburn master and burn on the fly. Its alot cleaner that way and my dual layers burn coasters alot less often. Hope this helps.

yeah maineman was using customize as that does work for ISO but using Full DVD from Video TS folder to ISO file does not work as I get the same message as you do.

This is something I never tried to do before as I usually just use ImgBurn if I want an ISO file from my Video TS folders.