DVDFab / Nero burn problems

Hi all,

Recently I uninstalled / reinstalled Nero. Since doing so, discs that are burnt with the DVDFab / Nero setting are unplayable on any of my 3 DVD players.

This is what I have found:
• DVDFab / Nero burnt discs are detected as DVD format by my players, but I get no picture or sound (there is content on the disc & the player’s timer starts counting as normal).

• When these same discs are played on the PC I get both picture & sound.

• If I use DVDFab with IMG Burn or VSO discs are fine.

• If I use DVDFab to rip to HDD & then use Nero Recode / Express (or other software) to burn files, discs are fine.

• I can use Nero Recode (& other software) to successfully extract & burn content from unplayable discs.

• I have tried a clean uninstall of both DVDFab & Nero (& even a system restore) with no luck.

I am confident that this is not a problem with DVDFab (happens with versions 5 & 6), but a problem with either Nero or my system.
I first encountered this problem when I uninstalled Nero 8 so that I could ‘trial’ Nero 9. I initially suspected that it was just a compatibility issue with (crappy) Nero 9 & I assumed that things would return to normal when I reverted to Nero 8, but alas, they did not.

Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Fred.

Could it be that those problematic discs don’t contain an AUDIO_TS folder on them.

G’day again SJ,

Mate, you are right. I just checked & there is no audio folder on the disc.
Now, exactly how do I rectify this?

[QUOTE=Fred.O;2274971]G’day again SJ,

Mate, you are right. I just checked & there is no audio folder on the disc.
Now, exactly how do I rectify this?[/QUOTE]

Altough I have Nero 8on my system I very seldom use it however see if you can find a setting in Nero to add it , but the discs you have already burned are as is so may need to redo them.

I myself have ImgBurn set as the burn engine within DVDFab because ImgBurn has better control over the drive/burner and the write speed, not counting you can set different write sppeeds for different MID(media ID) within ImgBurn thus don’t have to keep changing the burn speed ImgBurn keeps track of the different MID’s for you :wink:

Well, it’s decided then. I’m too lazy to fart around with Nero settings, so it looks like IMG Burn is the way to go.
Thanks for the help.:slight_smile:

I myself have ImgBurn set as the burn engine within DVDFab because ImgBurn has better control over the drive/burner and the write speed, not counting you can set different write sppeeds for different MID(media ID) within ImgBurn thus don’t have to keep changing the burn speed ImgBurn keeps track of the different MID’s for you

I totally agree and I wouldn’t trust any other burning program when it comes to DL burning. I have well over 1600 burns since my last coaster.