DVDFab & nero 9

vbimport

I have searched the forum and can find several references to people not being able to use DVDfab with Nreo 9, yet the only solution I have found is to go back to Nero 8. I am running under Vista Ultimate x64 and had no problems using Nero 8 to burn with.

I have done a clean uninstall - reinstall of DVDfab and tried to manually find the Nero file without success.

Has anyone else found a solution and if not will the development team be addressing this in a future release?

If your problem is simply getting the Nero burn engine to be used as the ‘engine of choice’ in DVDFab, click on the check-mark of the opening screen when you start DVDFab,

This will take you to the Common Settings screen. Select DVD - Write.

Your first option here will be burning engine. It should, by programmed default, be on VSO burn engine. Click the little arrow to the right of that selection, and you should see three options: VSO, Nero, and IMGBurn.

Select Nero, exit Common Settings (DVDFab will re-start) and you should be all set.

If you need to find the file manually, look in the Ahead directory in Program Files, and look for the WMPBurn sub-folder. There will be two files in that, the burn EXE file and the DLL file Service library (at least, that’s what I have in my Nero 7 set-up).

:iagree:

Thanks and yes that is how it worked with Nero 8 as well. In 9 DVDfab can not find NeroCMD.exe automatically and when you manually point it to NeroCmd.exe DvDfab tells you it does not recognize it and says to restart your computer and if that does not work to reinstall DVDFab. I tried both with no success.

Other than Nero 9 having a lot of bloat and being a favorite product to bash I am still surprised this topic has not caught the attention of DVDfab’s developers who have always impressed me with how on top of things they were.

Thanks again for your responce.

[quote=ChicKC;2171831]I have searched the forum and can find several references to people not being able to use DVDfab with Nreo 9, yet the only solution I have found is to go back to Nero 8. I am running under Vista Ultimate x64 and had no problems using Nero 8 to burn with.

I have done a clean uninstall - reinstall of DVDfab and tried to manually find the Nero file without success.

Has anyone else found a solution and if not will the development team be addressing this in a future release?[/quote]
Use the latest release as dvdfab has been updated to use nero 9 burn engine. And other members have posted that it works

[QUOTE=GJ;2172850]Use the latest release as dvdfab has been updated to use nero 9 burn engine. And other members have posted that it works[/QUOTE]

I am running version 5.2.0.8 which was released this morning and it does not recognise Nero 9. Wonder if the other members who reported it worked are running Vista X64.

The only post that I could find http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/nero-9-wont-burn-dvdfab-5-1-0-0-a-254802/ where there was a problem with someone not being able to burn with Nero 9 the person was using Vista Ultimate x64, the same as me and after quite a few post and suggestions from you he reverted back to Nreo8. That post was where I got my information about doing a clean install etc.

Possibly I am using the wrong search terms, but would appreciate any further suggestions especially how someone made Nero 9 and DVDFab work with Vista x64.

Thanks Again.

[quote=ChicKC;2173077]I am running version 5.2.0.8 which was released this morning and it does not recognise Nero 9. Wonder if the other members who reported it worked are running Vista X64.

The only post that I could find http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/nero-9-wont-burn-dvdfab-5-1-0-0-a-254802/ where there was a problem with someone not being able to burn with Nero 9 the person was using Vista Ultimate x64, the same as me and after quite a few post and suggestions from you he reverted back to Nreo8. That post was where I got my information about doing a clean install etc.

Possibly I am using the wrong search terms, but would appreciate any further suggestions especially how someone made Nero 9 and DVDFab work with Vista x64.

Thanks Again.[/quote]
Yes it is fixed read post#30 and that user is using VISTA64bit