Dvdfab movies not working in dvd player

vbimport

First post, hi everybody. I’ve copied movies before with high success. But newer Sony movies aren’t very easy. The problem is movies I burn now dont work right in my dvd player. It appears there is no main movie structure. It does a few things that lets me know something is wrong.

First of all, some of them don’t even play. On every single one i put in, the dvd lcd screen switches between title and root every second for about 10 cycles. Some of them switch between the title and root then it stops. The dvd player actually has the"stop" icon on the lcd and tv.

As for ones that do actually play… It’s like there is no main movie structure. I just did hancock and there is no menu. The movie starts with 5 minutes left in the movie. I cant rewind it past that point. I have tried this with other movies I’ve backed up recently and the majority of the problem is that there is no structure. If I hit title menu or dvd menu, it just goes to 5 minutes left in the movie (such as in hancock, but im sure for every movie, it is different). I think dvdfab is conflicting with nero or some other decrypter software? Also, I’m not sure if ripit4me is to blame either. Does anyone have any suggestions? OH OH! 1 last thing… all the movies i burn PLAY FINE IN MY COMPUTER DVD PLAYER. Thanks

[quote=zackg;2164414]First post, hi everybody. I’ve copied movies before with high success. But newer Sony movies aren’t very easy. The problem is movies I burn now dont work right in my dvd player. It appears there is no main movie structure. It does a few things that lets me know something is wrong.

First of all, some of them don’t even play. On every single one i put in, the DVD lcd screen switches between title and root every second for about 10 cycles. Some of them switch between the title and root then it stops. The dvd player actually has the"stop" icon on the lcd and tv.

As for ones that do actually play… It’s like there is no main movie structure. I just did hancock and there is no menu. The movie starts with 5 minutes left in the movie. I cant rewind it past that point. I have tried this with other movies I’ve backed up recently and the majority of the problem is that there is no structure. If I hit title menu or dvd menu, it just goes to 5 minutes left in the movie (such as in hancock, but im sure for every movie, it is different). I think dvdfab is conflicting with nero or some other decrypter software? Also, I’m not sure if ripit4me is to blame either. Does anyone have any suggestions? OH OH! 1 last thing… all the movies i burn PLAY FINE IN MY COMPUTER DVD PLAYER. Thanks[/quote]
lower the burn speed to half that of which your blank media is. You burning too fast that is why it not ply properly. DVD drive is different than a DVD player that is why it plays fine on it

Ive burned at the max speed plenty of times with other movies and they have worked fine. Are newer movies different that way though?

Try running the output from DvdFab through FixVts, that is if you rip to your hard drive. RipIt4Me is not installed & doesn’t run until you launch it, so I don’t see what problem it could cause.

[QUOTE=beef barley;2164422]Try running the output from DvdFab through FixVts, that is if you rip to your hard drive. RipIt4Me is not installed & doesn’t run until you launch it, so I don’t see what problem it could cause.[/QUOTE]

I’ll try that. Yeah I don’t know about ripit4me. I know I originally had some burning complications with Nero when I first installed dvdfab. I actually had to uninstall dvdfab.

all right. neither worked. burned at half speed and used fixvts. Sometimes I get an unknown disc error in my dvd player. I used the files from the original dvdfab rip. On dvdfab, im checking the box that says “rearrange movie to first title” or something like that.

Uncheck that and then try again

no no, i originally had it unchecked. now i have it checked. burning it now

are the movies closed?

that I do not know. I’m guessing if burning with dvdfab or nero, the movies get closed. Where is that option at?

i know i posted this awhile ago, but the problem really hasn’t went away. I’ve basically stopped messing with it until i bought step brothers today. I am finding out that I only have this problem with new Sony movies. This is what I got so far:

Newest version of dvdfab
samsung sh-s203n dvd burner with latest firmware
memorex and sylvania tv dvd players

I have tried it just copying the movie to my HD using dvdfab. Then I’d shrink it and burn it at half speed using nero. This will get me a movie that will load after it makes a lot of noise but will not play. The unit will show “stop” on the dvd lcd. If I use dvdfab to decrypt, shrink and burn, the movie won’t load at all. it’ll cycle between title and root then display “stop”. If I hit title menu during this cycle, i will get the dvd menu, but when i hit play movie, the dvd player will show “stop”.

I have tried dvdfab with non sony movies, using the exact same methods as above and have gotten playable movies. I was thinking the burn engine dvdfab uses isn’t good for my computer and is conflicting with nero when i use it. But since it works fine with other movies, that nullifies that. I really like dvdfab and I will buy it if I can get this situation resolved. and last but not least, I don’t have any other dvd players to try it in, so I haven’t ruled out that yet.

Ok, download ImgBurn it is free and can be used with dvdfab as the burn engine. Also for pathplayer do you have it enable when necessary, if so change it to always enabled. What version are you using for dvdfab also?

5.1.2.2 and pathplayer was use when necessary. I’ll change it and see what happens, thanks for the help

Also download the beta release I just finished using it on WANTED, NARNIA and STEP BROTHER using Nero as the burn engine and all 3 movies are perfect with no defects. They play in all of my dvd players too.

Hi Zackg,
your problems sound just like what I had some time ago and I ended up returning my high end samsung DVD writer and Samsung DVD players (2 of them) back to the store and swapping them for another brand which works perfectly.
That was based on a recommendation by a couple of buddies at work who had experienced similar problems with samsung and sony players .
For an unknown reason all Samsung DVD products have problems especially with Double layer or Dual layer disks of any brand.
They also have problems with the single layer memorex disks.
Recommend that you dump the samsung crap and try other makes.
Frustrating but solves the problem.
Make sure you check the types of diks that can be written or played on a given product before you buy it.
Sales folk can look it up on their internet sites but just to be sure do your own research.
Good luck.
Ps: Panasonic writers and players cost a little more than the run of the mill crap but they write to and play almost anything under the sun and they tend to be very good quality. Forget sony and samsung.
Incidentally, if you are considering a blueray player think twice before you spend upwards of $200. They are all equipped with internet connections and they flaunt that you will be able to download movies via Livelink if you subscribe to the service. That is just a carrot dangling in front of the unsuspecting DVDFab users.
First time you play a copy/back up movie, the resident software will detect it and your DVD player will be -if not already - loaded with security features that will blank out any movies copied with DVDFab and alike. .
You will be able to copy/back up but not able to play back.
It is called a Hollywood shafting after they failed to shut down Fengtao.
Lesson: If you have to buy a BD player, NEVER connect it to the internet…

I know this is a very old post, but the new beta version of dvdfab sorta fixed my problem. It won’t play in my memorex dvd player, but it will play in my xbox 360. So time for a new dvd player!

I am having the same problems as described in the original post.

Some of the more recent movies just fail to play in either my Sony, Panasonic, or XBox 360 players now. I have tried using the latest build of Fab, using Nero or Imgburn, Slowing down the burn rate, switching media, enabling PathPlayer, etc… All I get are platters now…

And somehow, I don’t believe going out and replacing all of my DVD players is the solution… This is a recent issue and has just started to pop up in the last 2 weeks. What has changed?

This is really giving me a headache…

[QUOTE=alienbuc;2177635]And somehow, I don’t believe going out and replacing all of my DVD players is the solution… This is a recent issue and has just started to pop up in the last 2 weeks. What has changed?

This is really giving me a headache…[/QUOTE]

I’d like to believe there is a good explanation for this somewhere, but I sure can’t find it. Within the past year, I’ve been through:

2 Toshiba DVD players
1 RCA DVD player
1 PS2
1 Philips DVD player

Like others, I backup my movies with DVDFab using an internal LG DVD burner using all default settings. I write to Imation DVD+R media and things work very well for while. Then one day the DVD player won’t read a backed up disc. I conclude something has gone wrong with the back up so I try the disc in my bedroom player and it plays fine. Of course it plays fine on the PC it was created on as well.

So now I jump to the conclusion that DVD player is failing so I put in the original media and much to my surprise, the disc plays fine. However, within 4 to 6 weeks, I begin to get ‘no disc’ or ‘bad disc’ or ‘disc read error’ on the player (or PS2) no matter what media I put in.

Now I conclude my player (PS2) is dirty. I follow instructions for cleaning it and it helps. Excited, I grabbed on of the Toshiba players from the recycle bin and clean it. No change - won’t read any discs. I return it to the recycle bin and keep using the PS2. Within a month the PS2 won’t read any discs again. This time cleaning it does not help either.

Now I conclude somehow I have really bad luck with DVD players. Through out all of this, my Philips player in the bedroom is playing everything just fine. I think this time I’ll try a Philips player in the family room. Being sort of tired of buying these things, I get a very cheap player from WalMart and, like so many times before, everything is fine (Sep 08). Now (Dec 08) this player too has stopped playing backed up DVDs. I’m sure it will quit playing the original discs soon too.

How can one room in my house go through 5 DVD players in a year? I’ll fiddle around thinking about dirt, use and electricity (though I think the outlets connecting the equipment in both rooms is on the same circuit). Anyone have any other ideas? This is too bizarre.

gusbrown change the burn engine from VSO to nero or imgburn and then burn a dvd to test in your dvd players. I think this will fix the problem you are having.

Also I would use better media