DVDFab Mobile - jerky video on psp

Hi, I tried out DVDFab using a trial v4 many months ago and was very happy with the results. However, by the time I came to purchase the software V5 had been released and now I have a problem with video quality when using DVD mobile and the psp default settings. I get jerky video (almost as if several frames at a time are being skipped) sporadically throughout many DVDs. I have tried DVDs that converted fine with v4 and they too have the same problem. In particular Oceans Eleven (2001) has jerky video right from the first scene. Has anyone else had similar problems?

Thanks

Hi jeepdude! First be sure your PSP is updated, 4.05 is the latest. Then use the profile in the picture below and make sure the file is in the “VIDEO” folder on the PSP. This works great!

Thanks. Tried your suggestions but video still jerky - I agree the quality is good when there are no quick moving camera angles or fast motion.

On quick action or fast camera movement movies you’ll need to turn up the bit rate to smooth things out.

Thanks for your suggestion. Tried that and it made no difference. I have spent a lot of time on this problem since version 5 was introduced - all that technical support keep telling me is to wait for the next update and its never fixed, so I am going to abandon this program as a complete waste of money for psp users. I know it works wekk for DVD to DVD copying, but if they are going to charge extra for the mobile option they could at least ensure that video quality was up to scratch.

Ok by me, but it works fine for me (albit too slowly) and I don’t see any other complaints about the issue on the forum and I think we would if it were a software issue.

yeah - guess i am just making it up cos i got nuthin better to do. Funny how they wont let you have old version sof the software (that dis work) even after you paid for the present version - bit of a scam that needs to be brought down…

[QUOTE=jeepdude;2106807]yeah - guess i am just making it up cos i got nuthin better to do. Funny how they wont let you have old version sof the software (that dis work) even after you paid for the present version - bit of a scam that needs to be brought down…[/QUOTE]

If you need or want an older version just send me a PM with your email address and I will be more then happy to you the one you want.
Have a nice day :flower:

It has been sent,…NOTE you will need your old key

It seems to have been blocked is there another email address it can be sent to

Thanks

I just need support to send me the registration key

[QUOTE=jeepdude;2106900]Thanks

I just need support to send me the registration key[/QUOTE]

:eek: you did not save it any where, I still have the very first email that was sent to me with the key plus have a few copys here and there :bigsmile:

I never had a key for version 4 - i tested a trial version and by the time I decide to buy it they were at version 5 - my v5 key does not work

Hey Tim maybe walk him through a clean uninstall and reinstall because although he misunderstood my intention, there really is nothing wrong with Fab. I updated to 5.0.8.2 this afternoon and made a couple PSP movies to be sure and they are smooth as silk. Maybe something got pooched on the install.

[QUOTE=90312;2106944]Hey Tim maybe walk him through a clean uninstall and reinstall because although he misunderstood my intention, there really is nothing wrong with Fab. I updated to 5.0.8.2 this afternoon and made a couple PSP movies to be sure and they are smooth as silk. Maybe something got pooched on the install.[/QUOTE]

Hey my friend I’m so use to members doing this on their own, never thought that may have trouble doing it.

jeepdude
if you need help with clean guide for your system let me know will always be glad to help a fellow member.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2106949]Hey my friend I’m so use to members doing this on their own, never thought that may have trouble doing it.[/QUOTE]

I’m sure he can, didn’t mean to underestimate the jeepdude. It’s just that he is ticked off and ready to trash v5 and it may be a hardware configuration issue. We’ve all had issues that require a clean uninstall to eliminate weird results.

[QUOTE=90312;2106957]I’m sure he can, didn’t mean to underestimate the jeepdude. It’s just that he is ticked off and ready to trash v5 and it may be a hardware configuration issue. [B]We’ve all had issues that require a clean uninstall to eliminate weird results[/B].[/QUOTE]

This is true so true indeed, most of the time it works great…but sometimes system config’s change do to hardware and or software compatibility issues and is hard to isolate the problem.
But that is what we help squad members are for,…Right my friend

hi, jeepdude

The psp problem happened in your all DVD, or some special DVD, if it possible, please tell me the title name of all your problem DVD, which can help me to find where is the problem.

Thanks.

Oceans Eleven 2001
Indiana Jones 1-3
Jurassic Park 1-3
Star Wars 1-6

i.e. every DVD I have had time to try

My last post - I have given up on this software - all I wanted was a registration key for v4 which worked perfecetly for me.

Everyone else seems happy, so I guess my custom wont be missed.

hi, jeepdude

I use “Star Wars 3” do a test and play is fine. :frowning:

and this is test file information

General
Complete name : G:\work_sample\VIDEO\CHARLOTTE DISC1 4X3.Title1.Angle1.DVDRip.MP4
Format : MPEG-4
Format profile : Sony PSP
Codec ID : MSNV
File size : 329 MiB
Duration : 29mn 1s
Overall bit rate : 1586 Kbps
Encoded date : UTC 2006-03-01 06:56:37
Tagged date : UTC 2006-03-01 06:56:37

Video
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : Main@L2.1
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 1 frame
Codec ID : avc1
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 1517 Kbps
Width : 480 pixels
Height : 272 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16/9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 29.970 fps
Colorimetry : 4:2:0
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.388
Stream size : 315 MiB (96%)

Audio
Format : AAC
Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
Format version : Version 4
Format profile : LC
Format settings, SBR : No
Codec ID : 40
Bit rate mode : Variable
Bit rate : 64.2 Kbps
Channel(s) : 2 channels
Channel positions : L R
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Resolution : 16 bits
Stream size : 13.3 MiB (4%)

Did you play file is ok in software Player ?
or Did you try to play the file in other PSP device ?