DVDFab Media Player question

vbimport

I’m working on a review of several media players, and have a question about the DVDFab player. If you download the free player and try to open a commercially made disc, the player automatically shifts over to the Pro version. Once there, I’m stuck with the Pro version for the 30 day trial.

My question is, once the trial is over, will the free version of the player continue to open and play commercially made DVD’s and Blu-ray discs, but simply not have menu support? Or does the free version not have the ability to open encrypted discs at all?

Doesn’t open commercial discs anaymore…you get a message about expired trial and to buy the pro version for continuing using commercial discs…

Thanks for the information roadworker. That’s one more black mark for this player so far, and the DVDFab player is easily the least impressive anyway.

Oh, and to be clear, after the trial ends, it won’t even play encrypted DVD’s? Even free players like VLC, PotPlayer and MPC-HC can do this.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2755188]Oh, and to be clear, after the trial ends, it won’t even play encrypted DVD’s? Even free players like VLC, PotPlayer and MPC-HC can do this.[/QUOTE]

DvdFab won’t…:disagree:
Disc playback is a Pro feature…after the Pro license expires,the player’s features revert back to the same as in the free version and you get this :

Whoof. DVDFab is not going to like my write up. :eek:

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2755206]Whoof. DVDFab is not going to like my write up. :eek:[/QUOTE]

Yeah,they should at least give the option to keep what you have,instead of invoking the 1-year timebomb…:rolleyes:
But I don’t mind anymore,as Leawo’s player took Fab’s over on my system…:bigsmile:

I have a DVDFab player on my Vista OS but I would need to boot into it to test it.
I can access it from Windows 7 but it comes up the unused trial version.
The one I have on Vista I got from giveawayoftheday & it had a one year license .
That has expired. So it should be good for the test.

I don’t expect any different results that roadworker got .
So no real hurry just to confirm .

I finally got around to booting into Vista .

The DVDFab player played a commercial DVD with no problem.
Menu & everything seemed to work.
Maybe this is because this wasn’t the Pro version & had a free one year license that expired. I hadn’t updated it since then.

When I tried a commercial blu-ray I got a message similar the the one roadworker got.