DVDFab Media Player currently available for free – only today

vbimport

We’ve just posted the following news: DVDFab Media Player currently available for free – only today[newsimage]http://static.myce.com//images_posts/2013/11/myce-dvdfab-media-player-95x75.jpg[/newsimage]

Only today DVDFab Media Player can be obtained without paying for it. The software normally has to be bought for $49,- but DVDFab and the website ‘Giveaway of the day’ make it available for free today.

Read the full article here: [http://www.myce.com/news/dvdfab-media-player-currently-available-for-free-only-today-69666/](http://www.myce.com/news/dvdfab-media-player-currently-available-for-free-only-today-69666/)

Please note that the reactions from the complete site will be synched below.

Please note that while this a great deal, you cannot update this version or reinstall it if you have to reformat.:disagree: Its still a great deal. Free is free.:slight_smile:

How do we know it is not a computer virus when people rush to install it TODAY?
Any one can confirm the file is safe?

Giveaway of the Day is a safe site. I’ve downloaded a few programs from them with no issues. They’ve been doing this for many years.

I also have several programs I have gotten from GAOTD .
I scan all my downloads with my antivirus & MBAM .
I’ve never found a virus in any of them.

This one is a bit unusual for their offers.
Usually the program is only for the version that is downloaded.
No updates & limited if any support from the program’s site.
I’ve contacted a couple of the various programs sites when I needed some information. Most of those helped anyway.

What’s the benefit of this program as opposed to something like VLC?

DVDFab version plays BluRay VLC does not

^Well, VLC can play unencrypted m2ts files found within blu ray. And even there, some people are working on a plug-in for encrypted discs. Just no menu support.

http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/343705-VLC-Blu-ray-plugin-Watch-encrypted-Blu-rays-directly-in-VLC-2-0

I wouldn’t want to rely on this as a primary blu ray player however.

Downloaded…to keep and have…

[QUOTE=alan1476;2710609]Please note that while this a great deal, you cannot update this version or reinstall it if you have to reformat.:disagree: Its still a great deal. Free is free.:)[/QUOTE]

I don’t see where it says if you reformat that you can’t install it again??? I see the 30 day trial part but that doesn’t mention about the freebie version in there?

[QUOTE=coolcolors;2710697]I don’t see where it says if you reformat that you can’t install it again??? I see the 30 day trial part but that doesn’t mention about the freebie version in there?[/QUOTE]

You only get 24hours to install it, you can re image but not reformat, if you reformatted after the 24 hour install period you cant activate the program.

Installed & activated on my desktop and laptop.

I’ve a Blu-ray drive in my PC, but am fairly sure the DVI port on my projector doesn’t support HDCP, so this solves that issue should I ever get something on Blu-ray. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2710704]You only get 24hours to install it, you can re image but not reformat, if you reformatted after the 24 hour install period you cant activate the program.[/QUOTE]

That stinks…

[QUOTE=BerryCarol;2717029]VLC is a free player so it is widely used, but you just can’t use it for all the Blu-ray Discs because commercial disc are not working on it. In this aspect, you can use Macgo Mac Blu-ray Player. Blu-ray menu is supported on parts of Discs.[/QUOTE]
Whilst there are a number of freeware and commercial players that can play decrypted blu-ray content, so far as I am aware, Aun Player is the only freeware player that can play an encrypted commercial blu-ray disc.

It is still in beta and has a few bugs but it has one huge plus over every commercial blu-ray player that I’ve tested; it loads an encrypted blu-ray disc in significantly less time (typically less than a minute) than any commercial player that I’ve tried (typically 3-4 minutes).

[QUOTE=alan1476;2710704]You only get 24hours to install it, you can re image but not reformat, if you reformatted after the 24 hour install period you cant activate the program.[/QUOTE]Well I have reformatted several times and reinstalled the GAOD version Just as long as you saved the key code and it activates without any problem and I have updated to the latest version to, they did this also with the last GAOD and it is good for a year less time gone by of course.:slight_smile: