Dvdfab locks drives not being used

Does anyone know if there is a reg entry that will tell DVDFAB what drives to use.

Anytime dvdfab is running it locks all the cd /dvd drives it can find. I have 3 dvd recorders and 3 iomega rev drives on the computer. For some reason Iomega made the drive look like CD drives to the OS.

Even when doing a file to moble conversion dvdfab grabs all 6 drives and I can’t use them

Thanks
Jimmy Lyon

On the target just pick the drive you want to use

For better quality output you should not be burning or doing other things anyway.

[QUOTE=n5uhn;2446815]Does anyone know if there is a reg entry that will tell DVDFAB what drives to use.

Anytime dvdfab is running it locks all the cd /dvd drives it can find. I have 3 dvd recorders and 3 iomega rev drives on the computer. For some reason Iomega made the drive look like CD drives to the OS.

Even when doing a file to moble conversion dvdfab grabs all 6 drives and I can’t use them

Thanks
Jimmy Lyon[/QUOTE]

With the very real possibility of data corruption with the vast amounts of data involved in a rip or conversion, if you try multi-tasking while using Fab, why take the chance?

Let Fab finish, then do your other stuff.

OC

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=OCanada;2446823]With the very real possibility of data corruption with the vast amounts of data involved in a rip or conversion, if you try multi-tasking while using Fab, why take the chance?

Let Fab finish, then do your other stuff.

OC

:)[/QUOTE]

Hey Tor
Very good advice as always :smiley:

I completely understand what everyone is saying here. I have a reasonably fast computer and Have never had a read error due to multitasking.

I am converting files to mobile and have a lot to do. The computer is tied up for several days at a time. It would be nice if DVDfab would not simply find all the drives available and lock them for it own use.

I may be seeing some other trouble but mose of time I try to read a rev disk while dvdfab is loaded the computer freezes up. This requires a complete power off.

Right now it is only a nuisance as I just stop DVDfab and restart later.

Thanks

Jimmy Lyon

[QUOTE=n5uhn;2446887]I completely understand what everyone is saying here. I have a reasonably fast computer and Have never had a read error due to multitasking. [/QUOTE]The same applies for me :iagree:

With the very real possibility of data corruption with the vast amounts of data involved in a rip or conversion, if you try multi-tasking while using Fab, why take the chance?

Regardless of whether it is better or not to do other things while encoding or whatever with Fab, if what n5uhn can be reproduced then this is clearly a “feature” (call me bug) that fab users can do without :slight_smile: