DVDFab: List of Blu-ray Writers That Support Cinavia BDMV-REC Recording

vbimport

add the Pioneer BD-2208 (a 208-M derivative) to the has it group

What about this one:
Buffalo MediaStation Portable BDXL Blu-ray Writer BRXL-PC6U2B

It’s an external portable and on-sale at $79.99. View more info here: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/886487-REG/Buffalo_brxl_pc6u2b_MEDIASTATION_BDXL_BLU_RAY_WRITER.html

[QUOTE=brel;2726196]What about this one:

It’s an external portable and on-sale at $79.99. View more info here: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/886487-REG/Buffalo_brxl_pc6u2b_MEDIASTATION_BDXL_BLU_RAY_WRITER.html[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but I can’t find any info on that one to confirm whether it’s supported or not. :rolleyes:

Perhaps someone that has the drive can confirm but external drives aren’t as common as internal ones.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=brel;2726196]What about this one:

It’s an external portable and on-sale at $79.99. View more info here: http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/886487-REG/Buffalo_brxl_pc6u2b_MEDIASTATION_BDXL_BLU_RAY_WRITER.html[/QUOTE]
I am not really positive but that’s an external rebadged LG, its a reslly nice Bluray drive.:flower:

I’m still unsure about that Buffalo BRXL-PC6U2B writer as it does not actually support M-disc and not yet sure if it’s compatible with any possible solution to bypass Cinavia. But thanks for the reply.

[QUOTE=Wombler;2726222]Sorry, but I can’t find any info on that one to confirm whether it’s supported or not. :rolleyes:

Perhaps someone that has the drive can confirm but external drives aren’t as common as internal ones.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

The Buffalo external slimlines all used Optiarc mechanisms, IIRC and they did support BDMV-REC. I think this one is either the Optiarc BD-5740H or 5750H under the cover.

What about this one;

ASUS External 12X Blu-Ray Burner with USB 3.0 BW-12D1S-U/BLK/G/AS

Thanks!

[QUOTE=spectra70;2726838]What about this one;

ASUS External 12X Blu-Ray Burner with USB 3.0 BW-12D1S-U/BLK/G/AS

Thanks![/QUOTE]

It’s likely that this doesn’t support it but the only way to know for sure is if someone posts their results and I couldn’t find anything online for this particular model.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Thank you Wombler. Appreciate the reply!

Anyone using this drive?

ASUS External 12X Blu-Ray Burner with USB 3.0 BW-12D1S-U

Thanks!

These Laptop Drives Support “binding nonce generation”

Info for drive [D:] (DVDFab 8.0.8.5)
Vendor: HL-DT-ST
Product: BD-RE BT30N
Revision: GL02
Vendor specific:
Drive region control: RPC II
Drive region: Not set
AACS version: 1
Number of concurrent AGIDs: 1
Supports bus encryption: YES
Supports binding nonce generation: YES

Info for drive [E:] (DVDFab 8.0.8.5)
Vendor: PIONEER
Product: BD-ROM BDC-UD02D
Revision: 1.00
Vendor specific: 13/03/21 PIONEER
Drive region control: RPC II
Drive region: 1
User changes left: 4
Vendor resets left: 4
AACS version: 1
Number of concurrent AGIDs: 1
Supports bus encryption: YES
Supports binding nonce generation: YES

Thanks
Shane

I have Blu-ray Burner LG BH16NS40 drive on my pc &
DVDFab9168 installed however the option…
"Create a Protected Disc (BDMV-REC) to disable Cinavia on PS3 with firmware <= 4.0"
is greyed out. It shouldn’t be as my burner is listed as “Drives that are known to support ‘binding nonce generation’”

I need to enable this option to remove the Cinavia protection.
Help anyone?

Vendor: ASUS, Product: SBW-06D2X-U
Revision: D501, Vendor specific: 13041100
Support: BUS_ENCRYPTION=YES BN_GENERATION=YES

[QUOTE=roadworker;2745633]Vendor: ASUS, Product: SBW-06D2X-U
Revision: D501, Vendor specific: 13041100
Support: BUS_ENCRYPTION=YES BN_GENERATION=YES[/QUOTE]
Good call RW.

Happy New Year everyone. I have a problem with my screen saver & I am hoping someone has the solution. When I set it to 1 min it goes on, but any higher it will not Please advise. Thank you,

very interesting. thanks for the information

I think i dont have any dvd or blu-ray that have these newest “annoying” thing for legal buying customers but iam interested in if the BH/Wh14NS48 / BH/Wh16NS48 / BH/WH 50/55 Gen / Pioneer 209er / S-09er Gen / and that Pioneer 4K Bluray Drive have that “binding” Function or not?
I also have a Samsung SE-506CB that support that function too. It looked its just a SE-506BB Clon.

And did anyone know what DVDfab BN_Generation= yes/no have to say?
First i was thinking all Blu-Ray Burner have “yes” but it is not true.

Why Pioneer Drives can read the value of “revocation level” and other drive says unknown?
And i have no idea what that revocation level are doing?

And did i really need all three functions Bus Encrypt, Binding Nonce and BN_Generation for all kind of Bluray Backups?

You didnt read post #1 ??

“Users without DVDFab can also check whether their drive supports this feature or not from ImgBurn by going to Tools -> Drive -> Capabilities and checking the status of the ‘binding nonce generation’ checkbox at the bottom of the screen.”