DVDFab: List of Blu-ray Writers That Support Cinavia BDMV-REC Recording

vbimport

[QUOTE=Wischmop;2706490]Thought so :cool:

If I get it right, all 4 drives here also can do this?[/QUOTE]

Not that my German is all that great but yes that would seem to be correct. :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

The german of the Imageburn-translator is also not that good :wink:

It sounds a bit strange

Pioneer BDR-S08XLT is identified as BDR-S08

Capabilities (from ImgBurn)

[B]Binding nonce generation: Yes[/B] :iagree:
Bus encyption: Yes

Thanks for that october20 and welcome to the forums. :flower:

[B]Wombler[/B]

LG BH16NS40 Support Bus Encryption and Binding nonce generation. Add to list; also the BDMV-REC is still greyed out…

So for this option to work, you need a the original disc and then make a backup file on HDD?

Images of Drive Info…

[QUOTE=Kevo89;2710634]So for this option to work, you need a the original disc and then make a backup file on HDD?[/QUOTE]

Welcome to the forums Kevo89. :flower:

It needs to be a Cinavia protected disc for the option to be available and it’s intended to produce a disc that you can play in certain standalone Blu-ray players.

Oh and thanks for the info, I’ll add that one in.

[B]Wombler[/B]

I have the LG GGW H20L and iI have DVDFab 9038 when i go to general settings I don’t see the same screen to show the drive info, don’t get me wrong i believe you but i have been having some trouble with the cinavia on my playback because I love to watch on my HDTV and with the new pioneer player i got [ stand a lone ] i can only watch about 20 mins before i loose sound so I am very interested in finding ways to play them without using the computer since I haven’t started streaming yet any help.

This guide was written quite some time ago now and unfortunately the interface in DVDFab has altered and the option to display this general information is no longer available.

If you’re wanting to check I’d therefore recommend using the ImgBurn method instead although I can confirm that your device supports binding nonce generation.

[B]Wombler[/B]

OK! first I would like to thank you Wombler for your quick response, I have read many good comments about you and would like to say They seem to be true, that said now I would also to say that the Ideal dvd software on my first try is a good software one noticeable thing is the speed at which it did the first try of the title " the colony". now to the original questions I had so my LG GGW-H20L is cinavia yes now does what does that mean that i cannot make a playable blu-ray copy or that I can make a playable copy and what steps do i need to succeed in producing a blu-ray playable copy for a stand alone player also I will be posting an update of all my computers and extra hardware I have sitting around be cause I know this well help anyone trying to help me . I do take the time to read post but sometimes they confuse me a little as you can see with this cinavia problem once again thank you .

OK! first thank you for your quick response. I have read many post by others that state that you wombller help them, and that you responded quickly that seems to be very true. now that you have said my GGW-H20L is cinavia yes does that mean I can or cannot make a copy for a stand alone blu-ray player? I got confused about that point if I can make a playable copy what steps and software should i be trying? that said i also that a chance to try the Ideal dvd copy and my first thoughts are how fast i made a copy of " the colony" so it is fast and seens to work well with my other software. thank you

The creation of a BDMV-REC disc is peculiar to DVDFab and is therefore only supported by DVDFab.

To be honest it’s main use was for playback on the PS3 but firmware versions above 4.0 were patched by Sony to make these discs no longer playable.

As a result it’s now only supported by a very limited number of standalone Blu-ray players and PS3s that haven’t been updated.

The list is still maintained here for people that know all this but it isn’t necessarily an ideal method of dealing with these discs.

Unfortunately although there are other solutions none of them work terribly well at the moment.

There’s been a lot of discussion recently here at Myce regading breakthroughs and new solutions so you may like to check out those threads for further information.

I can’t really discuss these in here as this forum is for DVDFab discussions only but if you’ve any queries please post them in one of the Cinavia threads or start a new one in the main Movie Copy Software Forum where we can discuss all movie copy software.

[B]Wombler[/B]

We can send a man to the Moon and soon Mars but try to get a great back up without [B]Cinavia.[/B] l am old school and don’t have a clue on how 90% of this even works. :bow:

[QUOTE=altitude;2718584]We can send a man to the Moon and soon Mars but try to get a great back up without [B]Cinavia.[/B] l am old school and don’t have a clue on how 90% of this even works. :bow:[/QUOTE]

And we’ll get Cinavia sorted some day too! :slight_smile:

[B]Wombler[/B]

TSSTcorp (Samsung) BDDVDW SE-506BB with firmware TS00 (usb drive) supports this setting too…

[QUOTE=roadworker;2718677]TSSTcorp (Samsung) BDDVDW SE-506BB with firmware TS00 (usb drive) supports this setting too…[/QUOTE]

Thanks roadworker, I’ve added that one in.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Is the LG [B]B[/B]H14NS40 identical to the LG [B]W[/B]H14NS40? I see the [B]W[/B]H14NS40 go on sale pretty frequently and am thinking about picking it up.

From what I’ve read, I think the [B]W[/B]H14NS40 is just the OEM version of the drive and doesn’t include any software or retail packaging, but is otherwise identical to the [B]B[/B]H14NS40. I thought I’d ask just to be sure though. Thanks!

Yes they are the same. I bought mine from TigerDirect. I see the price has increased $10 since I bought it last year. Well worth the money.

It came with Cyberlink blu ray disc suite 8.00.2820 which contains older versions of Cyberlink software(Powerdvd 10, etc.) which can be upgraded.

[QUOTE=cpubound;2723074]Yes they are the same. I bought mine from TigerDirect. I see the price has increased $10 since I bought it last year. Well worth the money.

It came with Cyberlink blu ray disc suite 8.00.2820 which contains older versions of Cyberlink software(Powerdvd 10, etc.) which can be upgraded.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks! This burner has great reviews. It even got a firmware update very recently, so LG apparently still cares about it, unlike many of their other products. I’m going to pick it up and stick it in a USB 3.0 enclosure. I’m just shopping around for the best price now.

I’m so glad I found this thread. I’m a BD newbie and had never even heard of Cinavia before. Thanks to Wombler for a great resource!