DVDFab: List of Blu-ray Writers That Support Cinavia BDMV-REC Recording

vbimport

[QUOTE=brel;2668010]Does anybody know if the [B]Panasonic UJ-240[/B] and [B]Plextor [/B][B]PX-B940SA[/B] support binding nonce generation?[/QUOTE]

The Plextor PX-B940SA certainly does, so I’ve added it in above.

I’m not sure about the other one though but perhaps someone with this drive can advise.

Oh and welcome to the forums by the way. :flower:

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2668027]The Plextor PX-B940SA certainly does, so I’ve added it in above.

I’m not sure about the other one though but perhaps someone with this drive can advise.

Oh and welcome to the forums by the way. :flower:

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply and the warm welcome sir! I’m just looking for my first blu-ray writer and glad to have discovered this forum. :slight_smile:

Hi again! Still haven’t bought a writer… I’m a bit overwhelmed with the number of options. I hopefully plan to get the latest budget blu-ray writer that supports:

[1] Binding Nonce Generation
[2] LTH discs
[3] Modisc

I know it will be difficult to get all the features so my priority is from top (#1 - being most important) to bottom (#3 - which is least important). But the Blu-ray write speed should not go lower than 12x.

After some research, found out about the following brands and models:

A. Pioneer BDR-208DBK with 15X speed
B. LG WH14NS40 with 14X speed
C. Pioneer BDR-207DBK with 12x speed

I’ve read some reviews of the drives except drive A, but can’t find the complete features list of each especially the important “Binding nonce generation”. Would appreciate it if anybody can give me some info whether the above drives supports any of the features mentioned and are they good value. Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

All those drives support LTH but as far as I’m aware only LG drives support M-Disc at present.

The Pioneer 207DBK supports binding nonce generation and it’s very likely that the other two do too, as all the previous models did, but I can’t find any definitive confirmation of that ATM.

Perhaps someone with one of those drives can add to this?

[B]Wombler[/B]

What about the LG WH14NS40? Anybody knows if it supports “binding nonce generation”? Looks like it’s the lowest priced burner among the three selling at about USD 55 (at amazon.com and newegg.com) with free 10 packs BD media as limited offer.

Also, I found another Pioneer writer that may be better than the [B]BDR-208DBK[/B] since it can write up to [I]128GB[/I] on BD-R QL media and also [I]100GB[/I] on BD-R TL media! Check out the Pioneer BDR-2208 priced at about USD 100. But in newegg.com, the drive garnered some negative reviews and have received up to 4 stars out of 5 only with 10 reviewers while the LG WH14NS40 also received 4 stars but with 119 mixed reviewers.

I am leaning towards buying the [B]LG WH14NS40[/B]. The only thing still keeping me from moving forward is not sure if the blu-ray burner supports “binding nonce generation” and that I have bad experience with an LG DVD Writer before. It conked-out on me after one year of average use.

Got the pioneer this morning
Pioneer bdr so7xlt shows up as bdr 207d

Capibilities
Binding nonce generation. Yes
Bus encyption yes

Thanks kandoit, I’ll add this one in.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Asus BW-12B1ST

Supports bus encryption: YES
Supports binding nonce generation: NO

Thanks hlse, I’ve also added that one in. :flower:

[B]Wombler[/B]

HL-DT-ST BD-RE BP06LU10 HL03 (USB) supports binding nonce generation

[QUOTE=powerburner666;2686554]HL-DT-ST BD-RE BP06LU10 HL03 (USB) supports binding nonce generation[/QUOTE]

Thanks powerburner666 and welcome to the forums. :flower:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Optiarc BD-5730S and BD-5750H slimline drives both support binding nonce generation.

[QUOTE=schuster;2688211]Optiarc BD-5730S and BD-5750H slimline drives both support binding nonce generation.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for that.

I’ve been away for a couple of weeks but I’ll add those in now.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Don´t see this info on Fab, my setting-window looks totally different

[QUOTE=Wischmop;2704338]Don´t see this info on Fab, my setting-window looks totally different[/QUOTE]

DVDFab has changed very considerably since this guide was written for version 8 and it seems that the option to view drive information has possibly been removed in version 9.

I’ll check it out for you but it would seem that the ImgBurn method is now the best option although we always recommend that users set up ImgBurn as their burn engine anyway as it’s much superior.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Thx, I will try that if I don´t forget it :slight_smile:

What can imgburn do better than other burnengines? The differences between software I use are mostly in the “look like” and operating.

There are problems with the default burn engine that ImgBurn doesn’t suffer from but also it’s very highly regarded by experts in general.

[B]Wombler[/B]

Ah, OK :slight_smile:

But I´m still using Nero or Power2go

Did Fab in the past use VSO-engine?

Yes VSO was the default one. :iagree:

[B]Wombler[/B]

Thought so :cool:

If I get it right, all 4 drives here also can do this?