DVDFab is burning blank dvds

Using the latest version of DVDFab (my first time) and it copies a dvd fine, takes about 3/4 of an hour. Then when I insert a blank dvd-r it sees it, and continues to burn but only at (between) 0.60 and 0.99 MB/s.
Once done, which take around an hour and a half, the dvd appears to be blank. No standalone player will see it and when reinserted into my laptop, windows vista detects it as blank media.

I have tried several dvd-r disks and a couple of different dvd movies of mine.

I using Panasonic dvd-r which, according to the videohelp.com pages, are good disks

Any ideas?

[QUOTE=LHD;2413713]Using the latest version of DVDFab (my first time) and it copies a dvd fine, takes about 3/4 of an hour. Then when I insert a blank dvd-r it sees it, and continues to burn but only at (between) 0.60 and 0.99 MB/s.
Once done, which take around an hour and a half, the dvd appears to be blank. No standalone player will see it and when reinserted into my laptop, windows vista detects it as blank media.

I using Panasonic dvd-r which, according to the videohelp.com pages, are good disks

Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

You might have PIO mode enabled when the mode should be DMA.

Under General Settings: Have the “Check for DMA automatically” box checked. That way if DVDFab finds that PIO mode is enabled it will allow you to reset to DMA.

[QUOTE=captainvideo;2413731]You might have PIO mode enabled when the mode should be DMA.

Under General Settings: Have the “Check for DMA automatically” box checked. That way if DVDFab finds that PIO mode is enabled it will allow you to reset to DMA.[/QUOTE]

and after following captainvideos advice, and as long as your in setting, if you haven’t done so already, you might want to check to see that your burn engine is set to Imgburn…

you can find that under DVD/Blu-ray…> write…> Burning Engine

[QUOTE=LHD;2413713]Using the latest version of DVDFab (my first time) and it copies a dvd fine, takes about 3/4 of an hour. Then when I insert a blank dvd-r it sees it, and continues to burn but only at (between) 0.60 and 0.99 MB/s.

Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

A couple of further thoughts to those that have already been posted…

Common Settings > General - near the bottom of the program screen is a little box that says Reset DMA - make sure you click that - your read and write speeds are way too slow.

Common Settings > Write - Yes, please set Imgburn as your engine, but unless you already have it on your system, you’ll have to download it from the web (a freebie)…v2.5.0.0 is the current version.

While you’re at it, please also download a little utility (also a freebie) called DVD Identifier. When you have it installed, please put one of your Panasonic -R DVDs in your drive and run the program and identify that disc, and please let us know what it reports as the Media ID.

Also, next time you post, please include the log from that burn that gave you the blank DVD. You’ll find it at:
C:\Documents & Settings\Your Name\My Documents\Applications\DVDFab\Logs

It’ll help us nail down the problem. By the by, Common Settings is the first screen you see after clicking the white check mark in the green disk at the top of Fab’s main program screen.

OC

:slight_smile: