DVDFab inconsistency in % and file size

Hi There !

I’m just wondering why there is this inconsistency in the “Personalize” menu, depending on what titles you select :

On this first picture, I only select the full movie (which contains 4 x episodes), and the mentioned size for the DVD5 is : Quality 74% (5782 Mo -> 4300 Mo) :

Now, if I select the 4 independant episodes in addition of the full one, I’m getting the following values : Quality 97% (4401 Mo -> 4300 Mo) :

Althouth I understand the 4 episodes will not be placed on the DVD twice (once in the full length movie, and the ones independant), I do not understand why the size is changing so drastically from 74% quality (with only 1 selection made) to 97% quality (with the 5 selections that are made)

:disagree::disagree::disagree:

Any clue what that means ?

that is strange indeed?? i dont have an answer as to why this is happening but will test this after i get back from work. its 5 am right now and i am not awake yet.

troy

[quote=troy512;1942217]that is strange indeed?? i dont have an answer as to why this is happening but will test this after i get back from work. its 5 am right now and i am not awake yet.

troy[/quote]

Yep … very strange.
It is maybe linked to thois problem I had and explained here :
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/stargate-backup-problem-read-232882/#post1942449

I had a DVD with 4 episodes of “Stargate SG1”.
I select the “Personalize” tab with the option to keep the menus. If I select the full length movie only, then the sub menus to access each of the 4 episodes are unable to reach the episodes (The player seems to be lost in the titles / chapters).

The solution was to select the main movie (title of 2:47:14) plus the 4 independant episodes !!!

It is for that reason that I have discovered the “issue” with the quality / size.

ok finally got around to testing this today with platinum 4014 beta. i dont have any stargate tv series disc to test with but i do have 18 sex and the city discs. these disc are full disc backups done with dvdfab platinum 3086.

s&tc s1 d1, pathplayer [U]enabled[/U]

[B]1. full disc, 940 mb[/B]

1. customize, preserve menus
    titles 1, 7, 9, 8
    title 1, 734 mb

pathplayer [U]disabled[/U] and platinum 3180

[B]1. full disc, 4299[/B]

1. customize, preserve menus
    titles 1, 2, 5, 3, 6, 4, 7, 9, 8
    titles 1, 2, 3, 4 ,5, 6 approx 630 mb to 730 mb each

season 1, disc 2 behaves the same as disc 1 with respect to reported chapters and file sizes. however each disc after this reports normal with pathplayer either enabled or disabled.

dvd shrink

1. full disc, 4300 mb

2. titles 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 approx 630 mb to 730 mb each

also tested dave chapelles block party. (though this is not the tv series)

pathplayer enabled and disabled with both 4014 and 3180

title 1, 5292 mb
title 2, 5292 mb
title 1 & 2 5241 mb

dvd shrink no compression, no subpicture, ac3 english 5.1

title 1, 5287 mb
title 2, 5287 mb
title 1 & 2 10574 mb

troy

Many thanks, troy512, but I do not understand your results.
What does that mean ? Do you have the same problem as I see ?
soi do you think there is effectively a problem ?

P.S. : What is “pathplayer” ?

Can someone explain that to me ?

yes i was getting inconsistency in % and file size as well. all my backups play fine so i dont know what to say.

for pathplayer please read the tutorial available here.
http://dvdfab.com/docs/index.php/Main/SettingsPathPlayer

troy