DVDFAB : Impossible to read second DVD

vbimport

HI,

I have a problem with DVDFAB, last version.

Everytime I want to copy a movie on 2 single layer DVD, the following is happening :

DVD 1 is perfectly playing on computer and on a standalone DVD player
DVD 2 plays on computer but my standalone DVD player just not read it and act as if there is no DVD inside.

I tried with 2 DVD player but the problem is the same (a Pioneer and a Sony)

The only solution I found to split a movie in 2 is :

• Use DVDFAB to split the movie in 2 but with a copy on harddrive and not on DVD
  • Use Nero to copy the 2 parts of the movie on to DVD

I could live with it but this process is quite long. :a

Does anybody have the solution to this problem ? :bow:

From the way you’ve written your post, I get the impression you are using the supplied burning engine - the VSO one - and are experiencing your problems with that engine.

Although touted as “updated” in the new release of DVDFab, I suspect that it is a little ‘buggy’, as there have been several reports of problems from people using it.

Since the DVDFab authors didn’t write that burn engine, they can’t fix it, either. We’ll have to wait until it is updated again, and hopefully, most of the bugs will be removed.

I’ve been monitoring the VSO forum to see what sort of problems those people are seeing, and few comments have come close to what is being reported here.

I know Fengtao and Ting monitor this forum, and I imagine our concerns are being forwarded to the VSO people, so hopefully there will be a less buggy ‘update’ soon.

O’C

:eek:

Yes. You’re right :clap:, I use the VSO engine. SHould I try with the Img one ? What would you advice please ? :rolleyes:

If you want to verify the disc then use ImgBurn as the burning engine and make sure you select verify within ImgBurn, and un-select it in DVDFab just in case it causes any conflict with the verify in ImgBurn :smiley: works for me :wink:

[QUOTE=CPNHO;2186340]Yes. You’re right :clap:, I use the VSO engine. SHould I try with the Img one ? What would you advice please ? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

StormJumper’s advice is good, but it’s going to leave you in the same boat as you are now… all you’re doing is subbing Imgburn for Nero.

There’s no other faster workaround that I’m aware of - 'til VSO updates their software, I think you’re stuck with the burn to HD, then use another burner to write the DVDs.

O’C

:rolleyes:

[quote=O’Canada;2186579]StormJumper’s advice is good, [B]but it’s going to leave you in the same boat[/B] as you are now… all you’re doing is subbing Imgburn for Nero.

There’s no other faster workaround that I’m aware of - 'til VSO updates their software, I think you’re stuck with the burn to HD, then use another burner to write the DVDs.

O’C

:rolleyes:[/quote]
Seems to work fine for me, if you use ImgBurn instead of the VSO burn engine and it works how are you in the same boat :confused:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2186593]Seems to work fine for me, if you use ImgBurn instead of the VSO burn engine and it works how are you in the same boat :confused:[/QUOTE]

SJ - Your advice to him was based on disk verification, not his particular problem.

He’s still in the same boat because whether he uses Imgburn or Nero, when he is doing more than one rip, he has to rip to his HD, then use another burner to write to a blank DVD, as the VSO burner is giving him problems writing a DVD that will play in a stand-alone.

And your advice is still good.

O’C

:iagree:

deleted