DVDFab help

vbimport

Okay. So. I am trying to rip Becoming Jane onto my computer for fanvideo purposes, which means I need it in a format that my editing software (Ulead) will read. I can get it to rip just fine in to DVD to DVD section, but the file format is .vob (which Ulead doesn’t recognize). I usually rip DVDs in the DVD to mobile section, because I can make it a .mp3 or .mpeg file, but this one pretty much refuses. It goes into the process of ripping and after about two seconds says that the process is completed successfully, but it is not. I just get an empty folder that says Becoming Jane. I’ve disabled pathplayer, but that hasn’t helped at all, and I just updated my software, with the same result. So basically:
How can I get it to rip to a mobile device. Any mobile device format will do.
Or, failing that, how can I convert a .vob file into a format that Ulead can read.
Thanks!
crazzdpixi

So, I was mistaken about it working in the .vob format. I only get about two minutes of the movie. Any suggestions on where to go from here?

If you don’t need the menus or extras you can rip to the hard drive using the main movie option. Then remove the video from the vob container files to one mpeg2 file using Vob2Mpg. http://www.videohelp.com/tools/VOB2MPG

This assumes Ulead can import a very common format like mpeg2.

That is one way. Maybe someone who uses DVDFab will come in and help on a better solution to get your mobile formats.

Edit: Ok, now you’ve added a second post. Nothing is working to decrypt the movie? You can try the trial edition of AnyDVD and rip with it. Let it work in the background and rip to the hard drive using the built-in ripper or use another program with it like DVDShrink or DVDDecrypter. Don’t try to use AnyDVD and DVDFab at the same time.

Moved to DVD Fab forum :slight_smile:

crazzdp
On Becoming Jane you will need open common settings and open the PathPlayer settings there you will need to select “Always Enable PathPlayer” and then rip the movie to your HDD first,… then open common settings again and disable PathPlayer…you should be able to convert the movie with DVDFab version 4120 .
:cool:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2028557]crazzdp
On Becoming Jane you will need open common settings and open the PathPlayer settings there you will need to select “Always Enable PathPlayer” and then rip the movie to your HDD first,… then open common settings again and disable PathPlayer…you should be able to convert the movie with DVDFab version 4120 .
:cool:[/QUOTE]

As my good friend, Stormie said above, that is the best way to do it and then use the “Generic”->“Vob”->“Vob Passthrough” profile.