DVDFab HD Decrypter

Have upgraded to DVDFab HD Decrypter Free Version 6 and can no longer get the software to function. Is it no longer free? Reinstalled V.5 and it works fine!
According to Menu the Free edition is still supposed to be there, it reads the disc, but will not start. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling several versions of the 6 series, none will work!

[QUOTE=strodder;2286587]Have upgraded to DVDFab HD Decrypter Free Version 6 and can no longer get the software to function. Is it no longer free? Reinstalled V.5 and it works fine!
According to Menu the Free edition is still supposed to be there, it reads the disc, but will not start. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling several versions of the 6 series, none will work![/QUOTE]

There are many other users of the free HD Decrypter that are having the same issue, it seems to be related to them using the 30 day trial and when it has expired it not only disables the 30 day trial of the paid version it also disables the free HD Decrypter :frowning:
it also seems even if you had used the trial period prior to updating to version 6 once you update to V6 it detects the trial period was used thus disabling it automatically :frowning:

It is either as stated above or it is no longer being offered thus forcing one to buy :frowning:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2286593]There are many other users of the free HD Decrypter that are having the same issue, it seems to be related to them using the 30 day trial and when it has expired it not only disables the 30 day trial of the paid version it also disables the free HD Decrypter :frowning:
it also seems even if you had used the trial period prior to updating to version 6 once you update to V6 it detects the trial period was used thus disabling it automatically :frowning:

It is either as stated above or it is no longer being offered thus forcing one to buy :([/QUOTE]

Thanks StormJumper, but I never used the trial period full version, so I’m convinced it has something to do with the way it’s written. I believe I used the v.6005 HD Free decrypter once then up graded to v.6012 since then no dice on any version of the new Fab 6 series! :frowning:

[QUOTE=strodder;2286599]Thanks StormJumper, but I never used the trial period full version, so I’m convinced it has something to do with the way it’s written. I believe I used the v.6005 HD Free decrypter once then up graded to v.6012 since then no dice on any version of the new Fab 6 series! :([/QUOTE]

V6012 has not been released by Fengtao at this time, however have you tried re-installing V6005 to see if that version still works ?

Yep, It’s a No_go Nothing in the Fab 6 series works! I downloaded v.6012 from www.videohelp.com it refers to v.6010 both when you click download beta you get v.6012. I went all the way back to v.6000 none of the Fab 6 versions work!

I installed and used the free version on my laptop when I was on holidays in the Philippines and it worked for me. I never used any of the trials that are offered as I own 2 keys for Platinum already on my 2 desktops at home but just needed to rip some R3 DVDs that I bought so my neices not damage my originals while I was visiting them.
I installed and used the latest release V6.0.1.0

[QUOTE=strodder;2286650]Yep, It’s a No_go Nothing in the Fab 6 series works! I downloaded v.6012 from www.videohelp.com it refers to v.6010 both when you click download beta you get v.6012. I went all the way back to v.6000 none of the Fab 6 versions work![/QUOTE]
Use the clean uninstall that is in StormJumpers signature and then install V6.0.1.0 again as that is the latest release

I did a clean uninstall and reinstalled v6010 to no avail. One thing that I noticed, however in the Fab 5 version when you selected the software the menu popped up for you to select DVDFab HD Decrypter, and in version 6 it jumps right to the program! After uninstalling v.6 retried v.5 and it works fine, like I said when you boot the program the menu pops up so you can select the free version and in v.6 it doesn’t.

Went through the clean uninstall step by step according to StormJumper’s instructions and reinstalled v.6010 again with same results, I noticed that in the masthead HD Decrypter is absent so I feel it’s defaulting to the DVD to DVD pay version. Reintalled v.5250 and upon boot up HD Decrypter v.5250 appears in the masthead. I feel that it is a software malfuntion that wont allow the HD Decrypter version to be accessed.

[QUOTE=strodder;2286663]I did a clean uninstall and reinstalled v6010 to no avail. One thing that I noticed, however in the Fab 5 version when you selected the software the menu popped up for you to select DVDFab HD Decrypter, and in version 6 it jumps right to the program! After uninstalling v.6 retried v.5 and it works fine, like I said when you boot the program the menu pops up so you can select the free version and in v.6 it doesn’t.[/QUOTE]

So when you said it worked in V6005 guess that was an incorrect statement :frowning:
If there is no access to the free HD Decrypter option then it would seem that my statement about it no longer being offered would be correct at this point…

I believe that it did work at one time, but perhaps that was within the 30 day free trial window and I didn’t think that there would be a problem and try documenting dates and times, all I know is none of the version 6 DVDFab versions will work now in the HD Decrypter mode.

[QUOTE=strodder;2286693]I believe that it did work at one time, but perhaps that was within the 30 day free trial window and I didn’t think that there would be a problem and try documenting dates and times, all I know is none of the version 6 DVDFab versions will work now in the HD Decrypter mode.[/QUOTE]

Then with your statement now then it would seem that my statement in post #2 was correct about other members and the trial period :iagree:

Yes Sir, I think you may be correct in that after the initial install of any version of Fab6 you’ve got 30 days to pony up or everything stops!!

I’d like to see an official response to this issue. If DVDFab is no longer offering the free section for decryption and ripping, it is something many of us who recommend the program need to know.

Am experiencing the same issue. Would love to know if the free version is no longer offered.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2286722]I’d like to see an official response to this issue. If DVDFab is no longer offering the free section for decryption and ripping, it is something many of us who recommend the program need to know.[/QUOTE]

Yes it would be nice to get a response from Fengtao on this matter as you can see the number of users having this issue is growing fast, and there are a few threads already.

I have the DVDFab5 version with the trial already expired.I hadn’t updated to version 6 since I have AnyDVD & CloneDVD2 & hadn’t ran into anything they wouldn’t do.
Since I saw there was a problem I went ahead & DLed v 6010.No problems with the install but it is a full function trial version again as far as I can tell.I’ve only done a limited test to verify this & won’t have time to check further until later today.
If that turns out to be the case I guess it will be 30 days before I know if v.6 will have the free version.
However this image might help.It is the start screen for v 6010.It would seem to be different that what you are getting & the free version is selectable at the bottom.

I just click on HD Decrypter / free edition and then click on Start DVDFab.

Never had an issue, but then again, I always use only the free edition, not the full program trial.

[QUOTE=oneacer;2286833]I just click on HD Decrypter / free edition and then click on Start DVDFab.

Never had an issue, but then again, I always use only the free edition, not the full program trial.[/QUOTE]

Then you are using Version 5 because version 6 does not have the button to choose HD Decrypter.

My version 6010 does, just like cholla posted.