DVDFab HD Decrypter

Not to sound ignorant but does this product rip and burn Blu-ray and HD-DVD now. The product in question is DVDFab HD Decrypter 5.2.3.2.

Thanx!

no :disagree:

[QUOTE=troy512;2218782]no :disagree:[/QUOTE]

The reason I asked is because this is the description from: http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

DVDFab HD Decrypter 5.2.3.2 (January 22, 2009)

DVDFab HD Decrypter is a simple version of DVDFab Platinum. It copies entire DVD movie to hard disk, and removes all the protections (CSS, RC, RCE, APS, UOPs and Sony ARccOS) while copying. It also comes with full HD-DVD and Blu-ray support (Removes AACS).

[quote=edreamerz;2218786]The reason I asked is because this is the description from: http://www.dvdfab.com/free.htm

DVDFab HD Decrypter 5.2.3.2 (January 22, 2009)

DVDFab HD Decrypter is a simple version of DVDFab Platinum. It copies entire DVD movie to hard disk, and removes all the protections (CSS, RC, RCE, APS, UOPs and Sony ARccOS) while copying. [B]It also comes with full HD-DVD and Blu-ray support[/B] (Removes AACS).[/quote]
That is not a correct statement and should be removed from the description on the website, not sure why Fengtao has not done so.
It does give the wrong description of Platinum and Gold and is very misleading to people :frowning:

I believe BD and HD DVDs that were released before June 2008 dvdfab hd decryptor will be able to backup but not ones released after. But then again this is a free program so be happy with what it can do

Yes, it is a little misleading, its a shame. False advertising really, wont even consider buying it now.
HopeFully AnyDVDHD works as advertised. shame it’s a bit more expensive.

Why did they do that? any one know?

[quote=peter893;2219457]Yes, it is a little misleading, its a shame. False advertising really, [B]wont even consider buying it now[/B].
HopeFully AnyDVDHD works as advertised. shame it’s a bit more expensive.

Why did they do that? any one know?[/quote]
Its hard to buy something that free. Its a work in progress, it works perfectly on regular DVDs, alot of people are very happy with it.:wink:

No… I know its free… but the gold and platinum versions are paid. while I might have not used the burning facility in those… I would have paid for a donation via the upgrades… ya know. If it worked as advertised 50 bucks would have been worth the decryption alone.

I just found it disappointing that its states that it does something that it actually does not do. Had planned on using it and now need to get AnyDVD HD for a heck of a lot more $$$.

PS. this is a pretty neat Place… seems very informative with all the forums.

My understanding is that the claim is outdated rather than false. It used to work as advertised, but hasn’t caught up to the latest encryption yet. No false advertising was intended, although I do think either the software or the advertising should be updated so that they agree with each other.

I agree :iagree:

Sorry to bring this up again but the statement on the website confused me too. I just got my Blu-ray drive and HD Decryptor will not recognize any of my discs.

It still is not clear to me. It looks like Blu-ray support was just added to the new Beta. So, what does one have to buy to get Blu-ray support in the future? Do we have to wait for it to come out of Beta? Thanks.

what version do you have and no you don’t have to wait until it comes out of the beta version to use it

I just installed the newest Beta but unfortunately the trial expired in the previous version I had installed before I got my BD drive so I can’t try it. My question is if I were to buy the “Gold” version now would I get all the “Blu-ray Option” stuff that is apparently in the Beta?

If you buy it then you could download the beta versions and get the BD section also

Ok, but I would be buying DVDFab Gold which doesn’t currently include the “Blu-ray Option”, right? So would I have to buy the “Blu-ray Option” later once it is released out of Beta? Thanks for your help.

Yes you would as it is an extra option like the mobile is and will cost extra to have it

[quote=cncb;2232509]Sorry to bring this up again but the statement on the website confused me too. I just got my Blu-ray drive and HD Decryptor will not recognize any of my discs.
[/quote]

If you downloaded the beta and it doesn’t work, what drive you you have? Some time ago I was planning to buy an LG drive that reads and writes Blu-ray and reads HD-DVD but a couple of people said they couldn’t get HD Decryptor to work with that drive. I’m going to try a Toshiba laptop that has an HD-DVD drive.

Unrelated question that still fits the thread title: I would like to convert some HD-DVDs to DVD. If HD Decryptor can read the source, what next? Can I convert the main title and write to DVD? I don’t suppose I can salvage the menus?

[QUOTE=wyhtmgm;2232731]If you downloaded the beta and it doesn’t work, what drive you you have? Some time ago I was planning to buy an LG drive that reads and writes Blu-ray and reads HD-DVD but a couple of people said they couldn’t get HD Decryptor to work with that drive.[/QUOTE]

I did get what sounds like the same LG drive.