DVDFab HD Decrypter won't recognise any blu-ray disks

vbimport

Hello…1st post so go gentle.

I’ve just dowloaded the DVDFab HD Decrypter with a view to buying the full version of DVD Fab, but on using it, it won’t recognise any blu-ray disks (I’ve tried 4 different ones). It will recognise dvds though, so I know it sees the drive. I’ve tried manually loading the disk in, by clicking on the icon to the right of the “source” box but it makes no difference.

The drive is blu-ray writer MATSHITA BD-MLT UJ-220S 1.01 07083100

Any ideas anyone?

[quote=Doctor Prod;2104068]Hello…1st post so go gentle.

I’ve just dowloaded the DVDFab HD Decrypter with a view to buying the full version of DVD Fab, but on using it, it won’t recognise any blu-ray disks (I’ve tried 4 different ones). It will recognise dvds though, so I know it sees the drive. I’ve tried manually loading the disk in, by clicking on the icon to the right of the “source” box but it makes no difference.

The drive is blu-ray writer MATSHITA BD-MLT UJ-220S 1.01 07083100

Any ideas anyone?[/quote]
Why don’t you read the[B] read first[/B] about the backing up dvd buRay discs at top of page.

[QUOTE=GJ;2104095]Why don’t you read the[B] read first[/B] about the backing up dvd buRay discs at top of page.[/QUOTE]

I did…read the guide etc. which is all very helpful if Fab would read the disks, but it doesn’t, hence my post

It doesn’t support Blue-ray or HD at this time the program is still in the development stage, doing a search would provide futher info

Ok. Well I know the HD bit is free, but it should really not be advertised as being able to rip blu-ray if it can’t, but not grumbling too much with it being a free download, just wasted a bit of time trying to make it work. Anyway, hopefully it’ll get fixed soon unless the powers that be put a stop to it again.

There are many post about this, if you would have read them you would have seen that it doesn’t support BR anymore and you wouldn’t have wasted your time

If you read the guide then you would know that it does not support it at this moment

DVD FAB updates there web site regularly. Would it be too much to ask them to remove the reference to BD. I wasted a lot of time on theis as well.

someone ont this site was kind enough to write a tutorial on how to rip a BD disk with DVD DEcryptor. It showed all the screens. What happened??

If it not do HD any longer would be harder to criticize them if they put name back without HD, no?

I see at other site they criticize for this not working. Lots of angry comments from users of other products to rip DVD, so if DVDFab stop HD claim for free Decrypter, then they would have moot point about ripping those formats.

Hello all,

i’m using dvdfab-Platinum/Gold/HD Decrypter,

I have been reading many of the posts requesting info on how to rip blu-ray discs with dvdfab. but i have to admit,i hav’nt seen one reply that involves an actual step by step procedure. i am left assuming that the procedure for ripping blu-ray is the same as ripping regular dvd’s.

while i understand that the bluray aspect of the program is “still in R & D”,and the ripper is free ,I have absolutly no problem with it not working on blu-ray(yet),i’m sure they will work the bugs out eventually.

But, i think that some small amount of guidance could be given. at least on the correct procedure for ripping blu-ray with dvdfab platinum. on what to expect when it does work correctly.

I have to ask,how does a person know ,when they fail to rip a blu-ray disc , that they hav’nt done something wrong? the software may well be working,but i may be using it wrong. how would i know?

personally,i didnt buy dvdfab to decrypt blu-ray, but i picked up an lg blu-ray drive and thought i would try it out. the ripper is free, dvdfab platinum contains the description “Platinum/Gold/HD Decrypter”.
if it doesnt work and isnt supported,they shouldnt advertise it that way.

jim

As someone else pointed there used to be a stickie guide for this, but it is gone. As I recall from reading it, it worked much the same as a regular DVD. It was called “A Simple Guide…” or something like that, but I couldn’t find it using the search function either.

yes,i too couldnt find it any more.

many of the replies i read seemed overly defensive. i only saw 1 or 2 posts where people were critical of the program,most just wanted info.

I’m sure dvdfab will work it out in the long run,but i think they would do better to involve the customers in the r&d process. provide a guide and accept feedback.

I’m sure i will be scolded for even bringing this topic up again.

[quote=jwo62;2126834]yes,i too couldnt find it any more.

many of the replies i read seemed overly defensive. i only saw 1 or 2 posts where people were critical of the program,most just wanted info.

I’m sure dvdfab will work it out in the long run,but i think they would do better to involve the customers in the r&d process. provide a guide and accept feedback.

I’m sure i will be scolded for even bringing this topic up again.[/quote]
No one will scold you, but when and if we have any more information we will pass it along to you, at this point it has been discussed to death, and I really do not see any reason to keep it going, Fengtao has posted in his latest changelog that it does not work right now, I am sure when he has more information he will pass it along. Thanks.:flower:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2126837]it has been discussed to death, and I really do not see any reason to keep it going [/QUOTE]

thanks for not scolding me alan :slight_smile:

let us know if you hear anything.

thanks,jim

[QUOTE=alan1476;2126837]No one will scold you, but when and if we have any more information we will pass it along to you, at this point it has been discussed to death, and I really do not see any reason to keep it going, Fengtao has posted in his latest changelog that it does not work right now, I am sure when he has more information he will pass it along. Thanks.:flower:[/QUOTE]
It would not continue to be brought up in this forum if the DVDfab web site would remove reference to HD. It really confuses people. To call it “DVDFab HD Decrypter” and say “It also comes with full HD-DVD and Blu-ray support (Removes AACS).” is just ridiculous. It does not decrypt HD nor has it for months (at least 6 months). It is not like HD dycryption not working is a new development. It really amazes me that people continue to defend DVDfab in this matter when all DVDfab needs to do is take it out of their web site until HD support is added. The OP is new in this forum (only 3 posts) and obviously was expecting the program to work with HD as DVDfab claims it does on their web site.

jwo62 should read these two posts:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/discussion-dvdfab-platinum-gold-hd-decrypter-option-mobile-5-0-8-5-out-250741/#post2111608
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/discussion-dvdfab-platinum-gold-hd-decrypter-option-mobile-5-0-8-5-out-250741/#post2111615

In the 5.0.8.5 release notes official support was stopped for HD/BD ripping for the time being. The website was never updated to reflect this change. Personally, I think the unofficial support for HD/BD should be reflected in all the changelogs until such time as it is fully supported again and the website should reflect the current status.

Yes, the website is confusing and I can fully understand someone being having difficulty with it.

Thankyou for the reply,

i have played the disc in power dvd
once again,i have no problem with it not working at this time ,was just wondering “how to use it”

at this point,i think i’ve found the answer im looking for…

last month i had mentioned the possibility of users being turned away from dvdfab by the misleading HD/Blu-Ray support information. fengtao was responsive to my concerns however without results.

i feel this is bad publicity, [even bad publicity is good publicity] no not in this case. i guess fengtao believes that if users want blu-ray support then there will not be future sales for dvd support. or if they have already tried dvdfab unsuccessfully, the same users will return and try again when dvdfab does work properly.

bad advertising. :frowning:

blu-ray support is to be taken as a bonus. so let the current dvd users test the support instead of turning away future users. giving dvdfab a bad name.

[QUOTE=jwo62;2127375]Thankyou for the reply,

i have played the disc in power dvd
once again,i have no problem with it not working at this time ,was just wondering “how to use it”

at this point,i think i’ve found the answer im looking for…[/QUOTE]

dvdfab is supposed to work in full disc mode. only ripping to hard drive. VSO does not support blu-ray at this time. use ImgBurn in build mode.