DVDFab HD Decrypter - "failed to get dvd info"

I have read about this error happening on retail discs but nothing on “homemade” discs.
I created a DVD ( with DVDAuthorPRO if it matters ) a while back.My brother wanted a copy of the disc but for whatever reason the software wont read it.It plays perfectly fine on my PC and home standalone player.Is this an issue of finalizing the disc?
DVDShrink seems to have no problem, although it is VERY slow at ripping.

Why would I be getting this error? It’s the popup wanting optional info about the disc and to send IFO files.

Please let me know what other info might be needed to help solve issue.
Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=NotSoEasy;2015126]I have read about this error happening on retail discs but nothing on “homemade” discs.
I created a DVD ( with DVDAuthorPRO if it matters ) a while back.My brother wanted a copy of the disc but for whatever reason the software wont read it.It plays perfectly fine on my PC and home standalone player.Is this an issue of finalizing the disc?
DVDShrink seems to have no problem, although it is VERY slow at ripping.

Why would I be getting this error? It’s the popup wanting optional info about the disc and to send IFO files.

Please let me know what other info might be needed to help solve issue.
Thanks in advance :)[/QUOTE]

Don’t think it has anything to do with the finalization because your standalone DVD player is able to play the disc,…it can be a few things it may have scratches and/or fingerprints try cleaning it,this may be why DVDFab HD Decrypter is having a hard time reading also why DVD Shrink is also having trouble.
Have you checked your drives to see if DMA is enabled,…if DVD Shrink can rip it even slow you can use FixVTS to cleanup the files once you have them on your HDD.
Another reason could be that when it was burned it was a bad burn,…poor quality media used can also at fault.
but is you still can not get it to your HDD you can try ISO Buster it works very good with this type ofproblems

Disc is clean and nearly free of scratches believe it or not.
DMA is enabled.
Very odd thing.This is the first time I have had a disc not be recognized by DVDFab.

Thanks for the help.

[QUOTE=NotSoEasy;2015413]Disc is clean and nearly free of scratches believe it or not.
DMA is enabled.
Very odd thing.This is the first time I have had a disc not be recognized by DVDFab.

Thanks for the help.[/QUOTE]

Is your drive an LG :confused:

No.An Optiarc AD-7170A which from what I hear is junk :confused:
I had planned on getting a new drive but other money issues came up.

[QUOTE=NotSoEasy;2015484]No.[B]An Optiarc AD-7170A [/B]which from what I hear is junk :confused:
I had planned on getting a new drive but other money issues came up.[/QUOTE]

An Optiarc AD-7170A :eek: :Z
Well at least you know what the problem is :rolleyes: sorry to say :frowning: