DVDFab "has stopped working"

vbimport

When I try to install DVDFab 5.0.9.0 I get this message just before the registration page is to appear. “DVDFab the ultimate DVD copying/converting/burning software! has stopped working.” Ive tried to uninstall then do a clean unistall as mentioned earlier by another poster here, then reinstall with the same results. I earlier had a trial version that worked fine but had expired. I recently purchased the registration key and installed on a xp based desktop with no problem. But trying to install on my new Vaio notebook with vista and I can’t even get to the registration page. Software downloads and installs normally up until the enter registration page. Thanks

There have been lots of problems with keys and Vista in the past few weeks. Make sure you are installing as a user with administrator permissions.

Do a clean uninstall again here is the link for VISTA http://club.cdfreaks.com/2065659-post1.html follow the instructions exactly as said. When you reinstall makes sure windows defender is disabled, UAC is off and you firewall and anti-virus is off too. One of those is stopping it from installing correctly. After you enter your reg key then turn everything back on.

Thanks! My windows defender was already off and I turned off the firewall/spyware stuff. I didn’t know what UAC was but figured it out along the way. (love winkopedia). Followed the clean erase(thanks for that) then your suggestions and it worked. I needed to install a better registry cleaner than the McAfey I have. I used CCleaner and it fixed a ton of stuff. It’s working well now. Thank you!!! Just one more question. When I turn the User Account Control back on, I receive the same message as before. “… it stopped working”. At this point I don’t care if the UAC is on or off, but is there a way to change settings in the UAC to allow for DVDFab to work with it on? By the way I am the admin. Thanks again!!!

I have to get back to you about that but you should not be getting that message that it stopped working. Did you restart your computer after you re-installed? when you start dvdfab right click the icon and choose run as administrator. I or another member will post another spot to check to make sure dvdfab is allowed to run on your VISTA

[QUOTE=jane doe;2128675]Thanks! My windows defender was already off and I turned off the firewall/spyware stuff. I didn’t know what UAC was but figured it out along the way. (love winkopedia). Followed the clean erase(thanks for that) then your suggestions and it worked. I needed to install a better registry cleaner than the McAfey I have. I used CCleaner and it fixed a ton of stuff. It’s working well now. Thank you!!! Just one more question. When I turn the User Account Control back on, I receive the same message as before. “… it stopped working”. At this point I don’t care if the UAC is on or off, but [B]is there a way to change settings in the UAC[/B] to allow for DVDFab to work with it on? By the way I am the admin. Thanks again!!![/QUOTE]

Hi Jane doe
If you are running Vista Home Prem you can not change the setting for the UAC you can only turn it on or off :frowning:

If you are running Vista Ultimate then you can make changes the the UAC settings :smiley:
To do so you will have to access the Local Security Policy -> Local Policy -> [B]Security Options[/B], there are 10 different settings you can change by enabling or disabling them :wink:

Thanks Stormjumper, GJ, Signals, and all who contribute. I have the Vista Home Edition and I turned off the UAC. Not only am I in business but I love that I stopped getting all those “are you sure you want to do that” popups. Two birds with one stone. I really believe this was causing lots of problems with the installation. Also if you had an expired trial version, I believe it also causes some problems since it seems not all of the past program gets deleted as mentioned in another post. My case was expired Gold to Platinum w/mobile. Thank you all once again!!!

Hello again Jane
Glad we was able to help to you out with your issue, hope to see you around the forum :smiley:
Have a nice day :flower:

I have the same problems but the sollution is not working at my PC.

To help we do need system info, any error codes if any or any other details you can give

I have Windows Vista premium SP1. And I also get this message : “DVDFab the ultimate DVD copying/converting/burning software! has stopped working when i choose divide into two dvd’s and right after get a Video_ts file.” Ive tried to uninstall then do a clean uninstall as mentioned earlier by another poster here, then reinstall with the same results. I don’t know what is going on.
Please help.

[quote=chatbeest;2133346]I have Windows Vista premium SP1. And I also get this message : “DVDFab the ultimate DVD copying/converting/burning software! has stopped working when i choose divide into two dvd’s and right after get a Video_ts file.” Ive tried to uninstall then do a clean uninstall as mentioned earlier by another poster here, then reinstall with the same results. I don’t know what is going on.
Please help.[/quote]
Make sure DVDFab was added to the DEP exception list and there is a tick mark next to "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select"
also try turning UAC
Sorry since you are running the Home Premium your account is limited even as owner and logged on as administrator :frowning: (Microsoft greed you know)

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2133352]Make sure DVDFab was added to the DEP exception list and there is a tick mark next to "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select"
also try turning UAC
Sorry since you are running the Home Premium your account is limited even as owner and logged on as administrator :frowning: (Microsoft greed you know)[/QUOTE]

I have tried it all and it is not working.:sad::sad:
I give up trying too use DVDFAB.

Thank you for your time and help.:iagree::iagree:

i have windows vista 64 bit and i successfuly installed dvd fab platinum 5.2.3.0 and it opens fine and reads the original disc fine and i start the copy process and it goes thru but when it comes time to put in the blank dvd it goes to a message that reads dvdfab platinum the ultimate burning software has stopped working what would cause this to happen at that stage of the burning process

[quote=chatbeest;2133449]I have tried it all and it is not working.:sad::sad:
I give up trying too use DVDFAB.

Thank you for your time and help.:iagree::iagree:[/quote]
Some members have to run DVDFab in [B]compatibility mode[/B], have you tried doing that ?

SJ

You’re quoting a 4 month old post. I think [I]that[/I] ship has sailed :wink:

[quote=Guzeppi;2198834]SJ

You’re quoting a 4 month old post. I think [I]that[/I] ship has sailed ;)[/quote]
It was meant for marcusgash
just clicked on the wrong poster :doh: another duh moment :eek:

[B]Guzeppi[/B]
BTW welcome to the forum :flower:
and the man overboard call :bigsmile:

Sorry i didn’t end the discution sooner but i now found a version that does work.
DVDFab Platinum_5.2.2.2
It took awhile but this one is working just fine again.
Thanks for the reactions.
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: