DVDFab Gold - Split main movie only

I DVDFab Gold version 2.xx, if you chose main movie then the next page, if the main movie is bigger than 4.5GB, gives you the option of splitting the main movie into 2 DVD disks and even lets you choose the split point. In version 3.xx, how do you do this? Choosing main movie doesn’t have the option anymore to split large movies into 2 parts. Choosing Split, you can’t delet all the none main move titles.

If you update to newest version it will allow you to fit it on one disc.Search this forum as to how to update or someone else will post the right link.I hope this helps and welcome to the best damn software forum on earth!

Except I don’t want to fit it on one disk. I want to preserve the quality by splitting it. Compressing doesn’t look too good on a 50’ plasma.

Make that 50" and I have the latest version of DVDFab Gold.

You could always burn it to a double layer disc.

My good friend signals has posted an excellent tutorial re: Merge mode (sticky near the top).
Here it is:
Merge Mode.

As tgidday said, another option is burning to a DL disc.

First, I have DVDFab Gold, not Platinum. Second, I don’t see anything in the merge post that splits.

But, third and most importantly, why is a feature that used to be ther now gone?

Ok, I have platinum, not gold. (Sorry about the link, I was thinking the links in signals’ sig illustrated the split feature). Nevertheless, according to Fengtao, Gold is capable of splitting and I suspect the process is similar with either app.
Fengtao’s product site describes and illustrates this feature, right here:
http://www.dvdfab.com/dvd-fab-gold.htm

Again, according to Fengtao, this feature is included in Gold. I am simply a user trying to help out another user. I’m not a developer, nor am I associated with Fengtao.
I have no idea why you can’t access this feature or what screen(s) you’re looking at…
Could you have a bad or corrupt file?
Perhaps it would help if you post a screenshot.
Hopefully, someone who uses Gold will pop in and lend a hand.

Hi olc,

We are working on a new split engine, which will support split main movie like DVDFab 2.x, please wait.

For now, you can copy “Main Movie” at first, then open the hard folder source, choose “Split” to split the main movie.

Best Regards,
Fengtao

Hi Fengta,

When do you think the new split engine will be included into the new version. Currently I am using version Platinum 4.1.0.2 and option to split the main movie is not there. Also splitting of whole disk is also not working. When I insert the splitted DVD5 disk in the DVD player, it keeps on looping on main movie menu even after selecting PLAY MOVIE repeatedly.

Kindly let us know when the split issue will be fixed.

Thanks,

mgoyal212

[QUOTE=fengtao;1810873]Hi olc,

We are working on a new split engine, which will support split main movie like DVDFab 2.x, please wait.

For now, you can copy “Main Movie” at first, then open the hard folder source, choose “Split” to split the main movie.

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/QUOTE]